The latest from the club via Chris Coles

Heisenberg

4 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

It just seems a waste of attendees time to the have to submit their account to the club to get it vetted and in the interim of the club agreeing the content to be published then heaps unnecessary pressure on the attendees as they are hounded for updates.

Seems farcical.

Have the attendees actually said they have to submit their reports or in our case, is it David wanting to clarify, on behalf of his forum, to ensure there are no misunderstandings prior to release? I've not seen any of the other bodies represented at the meeting indicating that they had to forward their reports before letting them out into the public domain.

4 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Have the attendees actually said they have to submit their reports or in our case, is it David wanting to clarify, on behalf of his forum, to ensure there are no misunderstandings prior to release? I've not seen any of the other bodies represented at the meeting indicating that they had to forward their reports before letting them out into the public domain.

Pretty sure it's this.

I never post, but I do check in pretty regularly and browse around the topics here.  This forum is such a great source for keeping up with the club, and I just felt like chiming in today to shout out David and the moderators for the job they do here.  I have the utmost respect for the way this message board is run; and following this thread over the last couple days has only encouraged more admiration of the work you all do here.  

I appreciate David's patience and leadership in drafting the summary and pursuing clarifications, and thank you for the latest update Boycie.  Once again: I really appreciate this place, and I know that the work that goes into its maintenance goes too often unappreciated.

#COYR

I'm pretty sure David has quite a detailed writeup which will go through the meeting in full and disclose everything that can be disclosed.

Rather than release their own minutes, in which obvious boardroom bias would dominate, the club is allowing him to convey to the fans his fair judgements and observations from the evening, in as much detail as he possibly can.

I suspect for his own benefit and for the benefit of this forum, he has requested that anything from that writeup that violates the NDA is removed before it goes public. This essentially means that all of his notes and recollections are in there in full gory detail, and only the things that are legally required to be removed will be omitted.

I shouldn't have to tell you this, but that is a good thing. Once again, there's so many valid things you can have a pop at Mel for but this isn't one of them

1 hour ago, Scott129 said:

Is he throwing up?! That might possibly be the most disgusting thing I've ever seen ?

I'd put this on par with a drunk bloke I once saw in town drop his trousers in a doorway to take a crap but he didn't pull them down enough and filled his his own pants with what resembled the chocolate river in Willy Wonka - pure liquid.  Then he pulled them up and his own stench made him let loose from the other end- then he attempted to get in a taxi.

That may not have made you feel any better.

6 minutes ago, Tombo said:

I'm pretty sure David has quite a detailed writeup which will go through the meeting in full and disclose everything that can be disclosed.

Rather than release their own minutes, in which obvious boardroom bias would dominate, the club is allowing him to convey to the fans his fair judgements and observations from the evening, in as much detail as he possibly can.

I suspect for his own benefit and for the benefit of this forum, he has requested that anything from that writeup that violates the NDA is removed before it goes public. This essentially means that all of his notes and recollections are in there in full gory detail, and only the things that are legally required to be removed will be omitted.

I shouldn't have to tell you this, but that is a good thing. Once again, there's so many valid things you can have a pop at Mel for but this isn't one of them

...........good thing...........pop.........nice request @Tombo and just like this forum and our wonderful @David.

6 minutes ago, Tombo said:

Orrrr, Mel could have done an interview with Radio Derby, Sky Sports, Talksport whatever at 6 30 yesterday ... answered the same questions and we could have made our own minds up how much of what he said we believed and how much he was hiding behind confidentiality. Rather than lumbering a few fans with the responsibility. 

The club is in crisis. On the eve of a new season without a squad.

Steve Nicholson regurgitates Alan Nixon's stories and the Punjabi Rams tweets. With nothing added, no investigative journalism at all.

Ed Dawes from Radio Derby is asking for mock ups of Messi in a Derby shirt.

That's our local press. The ones we should rely on to get answers.

We're a joke.

1 minute ago, Tombo said:

I think you can have pop at Mel for this because it is not taking leadership. It is putting a select group of fans in a difficult situation.

What we hear will be the information that should have come from Mel/the club directly to the fans. Whatever way, it will be what they want us to hear, so why make it so complicated. Just comes across as amateurish. Whilst the idea might be noble,the execution...

6 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Orrrr, Mel could have done an interview with Radio Derby, Sky Sports, Talksport whatever at 6 30 yesterday ... answered the same questions and we could have made our own minds up how much of what he said we believed and how much he was hiding behind confidentiality. Rather than lumbering a few fans with the responsibility. 

Exactly. Why drag representatives there?

Why not gather a list of questions - 99% of which they must have expected, and do an interview or even a statement to address them. I feel for @David, I really do. 

Pathetic really that we’ve come to this. 

9 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

The club is in crisis. On the eve of a new season without a squad.

Steve Nicholson regurgitates Alan Nixon's stories and the Punjabi Rams tweets. With nothing added, no investigative journalism at all.

Ed Dawes from Radio Derby is asking for mock ups of Messi in a Derby shirt.

That's our local press. The ones we should rely on to get answers.

We're a joke.

Completely agree. Haven't seen an exclusive out of the local journos for years. The majority of the DET is clickbait/ regurgitated tweets/ info on ex players/managers. They should have been all over this. How Nixon (if he indeed does) knows more than these guys is beyond me. The only thing they do that is somewhat useful is the match write ups/live commentary and interviews, but even those are superseeded by this forum, Rams TV and Twitter.

21 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I'd put this on par with a drunk bloke I once saw in town drop his trousers in a doorway to take a crap but he didn't pull them down enough and filled his his own pants with what resembled the chocolate river in Willy Wonka - pure liquid.  Then he pulled them up and his own stench made him let loose from the other end- then he attempted to get in a taxi.

That may not have made you feel any better.

Look, I'd ate something dodgy ok.

On those who've said its very unfair that this has been put on David, I actually agree. But when the NDA was discussed, fans cried out saying "that's not fair, who wants to read the official club minutes! It'll just be all spin and PR".

So they dropped it. And people are still raging.

They 100% could not have satisfied everybody.

But to reiterate, I do feel for those who've been tasked with spreading the word because it is an enormous pressure.

Personally, I am not bothered whether we get a report from anyone. I have got to the point where I am just waiting until signings are made and a takeover happen. This could take days, weeks or months for the first item and years for the second item. Too many variables to speculate as far as I am concerned. COYR