Warne: what would it take?

IlsonDerby

10 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Combination of people. That Clowes is still backing Warne was from someone I know is ITK. The dissenting voices was from someone with a mixed record.

You have to think that if Steele on RD is giving Warne a hard time, then others with good football knowledge will also be doing the same (whether out loud or internally).

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

You have to think that if Steele on RD is giving Warne a hard time, then others with good football knowledge will also be doing the same (whether out loud or internally).

Eric Steele knows what he’s talking about. I’d trust what he says over Paul Warne any day of the week.

Even if he gets us out of L1 (which based on current performances ain't happening) does anyone trust him to keep us in the Championship? He gives L1 teams far too much respect, imagine what he'd be like in the Championship.

He's at the wrong club. We need something else.

Edited by JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta

2 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Even if he gets us out of L1 (which based on current performances ain't happening) does anyone trust him to keep us in the Championship? He gives L1 teams far too much respect, imagine what he'd be like in the Championship.

He's at the wrong club. We need something else.

Sad to say I just can’t argue with this 😞

2 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

What tipped you? I'm stunned by the set up approach playing a bottom of the league team. It's not funny. But even if he fudges promotion the signs are clear as to why he struggled to keep Rotherham up. I fear we'll lose all our 'footballers' before we lose Warne.

The Sibley position. PW's had long enough to work out how to get the best out of him and many others. Today made me think he's def not going to. Also Tommo came in because he had to. Now would like him gone before we lose the last few youngsters if not already too late. 

2 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

I think the key is, what would it take to change David Clowes mind?

The support, There's a few different kind of supporters for different reasons

Those I used to go with have been going for longer than I did...over 55 years, It's a habit that's hard to break, No promotion and a good half will walk away from 10 ST holders...I gave up at the end of last season.

Then there's those that live a long way away Like yourself... but not all mind, They'll say I'm not fussed anymore it's costing far to much in loot and time for the football that's being served up, Family/friends will come 1st.

Then there's the happy clappers that go as it's a fashion thing and a talking point at work or in the pub.

Expectation is a cruel thing...if those expectations are not met with promotion then it's failure...PW is on record saying if promotion isn't met at the end of this season then I've failed after he said he failed last season, He's admitted to making mistakes...not getting in that striker in January...most likely cost us a play off place

DC looks to be a loyal owner and seems to have a very good relationship with PW...the Fans will play a very big part in the future of DCFC and a Manager that's maybe at a club that is to big for him...this is not little Rotherham...and I'm not saying that out of disrespect to them.

1 hour ago, The Last Post said:

The support, There's a few different kind of supporters for different reasons

Those I used to go with have been going for longer than I did...over 55 years, It's a habit that's hard to break, No promotion and a good half will walk away from 10 ST holders...I gave up at the end of last season.

Then there's those that live a long way away Like yourself... but not all mind, They'll say I'm not fussed anymore it's costing far to much in loot and time for the football that's being served up, Family/friends will come 1st.

Then there's the happy clappers that go as it's a fashion thing and a talking point at work or in the pub.

Expectation is a cruel thing...if those expectations are not met with promotion then it's failure...PW is on record saying if promotion isn't met at the end of this season then I've failed after he said he failed last season, He's admitted to making mistakes...not getting in that striker in January...most likely cost us a play off place

DC looks to be a loyal owner and seems to have a very good relationship with PW...the Fans will play a very big part in the future of DCFC and a Manager that's maybe at a club that is to big for him...this is not little Rotherham...and I'm not saying that out of disrespect to them.

Money talks. When Warneball drives thousands of people away from going to games Clowes won't have a choice.

I think if things haven't improved by xmas then Clowes needs to have a serious conversation with Warne and see if we can agree to a mutual termination. If he won't and he sticks around then we shouldn't sack him unless we absolutely have no choice. 

3 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Money talks. When Warneball drives thousands of people away from going to games Clowes won't have a choice.

Ridiculous!

Results drive attendances, are we doing badly in 8th? Some griping fans on a forum will not affect Clowes, How does the loss, should it happen, of some fans compare to the cost of compensation payments if sackings happen? Get back to the real world.

11 hours ago, strawhillram said:

The trouble is warne is turning us into a proper league 1 club. Gets rid of the younger prospects. Buys his old  journeymen mates. No skill. No flair, no tactics. No idea. we’ll be stuck down here for ever

This is my fear.

If we aren't careful we could be stuck in the lower divisions for years.

David Clowes, like Mel, may be a wonderful businessman, but not so when running a football club.

If DC watches this tripe and thinks we need to stick with Warne, especially when Warnock is available (and probably cheap), then I worry. 

If ever there was a time we could actually do with trigger happy Mel, even for 5 minutes 😆

4 hours ago, sunnyhill60 said:

Ridiculous!

Results drive attendances, are we doing badly in 8th? Some griping fans on a forum will not affect Clowes, How does the loss, should it happen, of some fans compare to the cost of compensation payments if sackings happen? Get back to the real world.

I'm in the real world, where attendances have already started to dip and the atmosphere around the club is starting to turn.

Less fans means less revenue, which means less money to spend on players, which likely means longer in League One. It doesn't take long for the financial cost of this situation to outweigh the amount of money required to replace the manager.

8 hours ago, Leeds Ram said:

I think if things haven't improved by xmas then Clowes needs to have a serious conversation with Warne and see if we can agree to a mutual termination. If he won't and he sticks around then we shouldn't sack him unless we absolutely have no choice. 

Think gardening leave is an option. Short term pain for Clowes, but will Warne want to sit twiddling his thumbs for another 2 years effectively killing off his managerial career?

12 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

I think the key is, what would it take to change David Clowes mind?

Im still told he’s staunchly in support of Warne, despite growing voices from others involved at the club wanting him gone. If he’s really intent on leaving him in charge for the full 4 years (which is what I’m told is his intention, irrespective of what happens), then does he not fear about attendances dropping, and a toxic atmosphere developing. We’ve already seen that today, with the booing and abuse after the match.

Hate to sound like a spoilt brat, but if what you say is correct about 4 years come what may then DC needs to get in the real world. 

Managers don’t last that long these days unless genuine success is being had. Plus as others have noted, the atmosphere is turning sour, we can’t have this for another 2 years. 

Think DC needs to get a proper director of football in. However for the short term let’s get Warne out and get Warnock in.