Warne: what would it take?

IlsonDerby

5 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

Think gardening leave is an option. Short term pain for Clowes, but will Warne want to sit twiddling his thumbs for another 2 years effectively killing off his managerial career?

How does that even work in your head?

For Warne to be put on gardening leave means he would have either quit his contract, be summarily dismissed or his contract terminated.

In the last case DC would have to pay out the remainder of his contract so gardening leave is utterly pointless. If he was dismissed this would be due to gross misconduct and like it or not crap footballing style wouldn't encompass this. 

You can think of other imaginative ways of parting company with Warne without financial cost to the club but the only one would be if Warne cancels his contract and even then the club would have to agree to this. 

One defeat in 9…..

I genuinely struggle to know if there are a lot of posters who write so much tripe on here who are actually red dogs, Leeds or Leicester etc fans on the wind up 

This forum was mentioned actually last week with heads in hands about the garbage that is posted (not by all but a fair few).

And as for the polls…..give me strength 

34 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I'm in the real world, where attendances have already started to dip and the atmosphere around the club is starting to turn.

Less fans means less revenue, which means less money to spend on players, which likely means longer in League One. It doesn't take long for the financial cost of this situation to outweigh the amount of money required to replace the manager.

But how do you know any dip in attendances isn’t down to our home results rather than style of football? I bet if we’d picked up 4 or 5 more points at home, but still playing Warneball, (meaning we’d be 3rd or 4th) there wouldn’t be too many concerns over attendances.

13 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

How does that even work in your head?

For Warne to be put on gardening leave means he would have either quit his contract, be summarily dismissed or his contract terminated.

In the last case DC would have to pay out the remainder of his contract so gardening leave is utterly pointless. If he was dismissed this would be due to gross misconduct and like it or not crap footballing style wouldn't encompass this. 

You can think of other imaginative ways of parting company with Warne without financial cost to the club but the only one would be if Warne cancels his contract and even then the club would have to agree to this. 

Just tell him he’s no longer welcome at the club and hire somebody else as manager. If he’s getting paid every month then he’s got no grounds to moan. But does he want to do that for 2 years? 

Eventually he’d either agree to cancel his contract ie Cocu or another club would come in for him and then he’s their problem.

3 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

Just tell him he’s no longer welcome at the club and hire somebody else as manager. If he’s getting paid every month then he’s got no grounds to moan. But does he want to do that for 2 years? 

Eventually he’d either agree to cancel his contract ie Cocu or another club would come in for him and then he’s their problem.

It doesn't work like that. What about his backroom staff as well.

It would take a mutual agreement between Warne and DC to remove Warne from his job without massive ongoing expense to the club for paying off his contract.

I'm surprised you haven't already thought of imaginative ways of bumping him off. 

Edited by Tyler Durden

4 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

It doesn't work like that. What about his backroom staff as well.

It would take a mutual agreement between Warne and DC to remove Warne from his job without massive ongoing expense to the club for paying off his contract.

I'm surprised you haven't already thought of imaginative ways of bumping him off. 

Ok let’s stick with the brain trust then because we can’t afford to get rid. 

Looking forward to still being in league 1 in 2 years time.

Just now, TomTom92 said:

Ok let’s stick with the brain trust then because we can’t afford to get rid. 

Looking forward to still being in league 1 in 2 years time.

We might be able to get rid if DC can underwrite the additional expense of concurrently paying two managers and two sets of backroom staff for 2 years.

Or he might be able to afford it but doesn't see the necessity for doing this.

Or he can't afford it.

Take your pick. 

Just now, Eaststander7 said:

One defeat in 9….and you want him sacked? 
But the vast majority don’t want him gone 

The vast majority are entitled to their opinion, as are those that want him gone. It would be nice if both sides remembered we're all supporting the same team, and all want what's best for the club. It's just football, it's just opinions, and there's more than one way to skin a cat.

4 minutes ago, Eaststander7 said:

One defeat in 9….and you want him sacked? 
But the vast majority don’t want him gone 

But draws against Cambridge and Cheltenham. If you want to give Warne the full season in the hope we sneak in to the play offs then fair play to you. 

I’d rather us show some ambition to get top 2 and if that fails have a team that blows sides away at the very least.

50 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

Think gardening leave is an option. Short term pain for Clowes, but will Warne want to sit twiddling his thumbs for another 2 years effectively killing off his managerial career?

Plenty of out of work managers out there would suggest he might!

Just now, TomTom92 said:

Maybe so, I just think if we can’t afford to pay him off it’s a bad job all round.

Yes, so I'd be surprised if there wasn't a contingency plan - Stephen Pearce will have seen similar situations and surely will have advised Clowes on that and what would be needed to deal with it?

6 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

But draws against Cambridge and Cheltenham. If you want to give Warne the full season in the hope we sneak in to the play offs then fair play to you. 

I’d rather us show some ambition to get top 2 and if that fails have a team that blows sides away at the very least.

And replace with who?

I mean constantly changing managers has worked so well for us over the past 10/15 years