Warne: what would it take?

IlsonDerby

Just now, Tyler Durden said:

I thought he was employed as an interim manager i.e. interim until a permanent manager was installed. 

He would have been given the permanent managers role otherwise. 

Not much chance of that given we'd been head-hunting Warne from season's start.

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

What the tapping up of Warne?

No a permanent manager arriving.

You're conflating two points as usual.

Rosenoir was employed as an interim which by definition means it was a temporary position.

So this came to an end when a permanent manager (Warne in this case) arrived at the club.

No a permanent manager arriving.

You're conflating two points as usual.

Rosenoir was employed as an interim which by definition means it was a temporary position.

So this came to an end when a permanent manager (Warne in this case) arrived at the club.

There was an interview process, why bother when they'd decided on Warne early season?

There was an interview process, why bother when they'd decided on Warne early season?

Why bother with what?

Rosenoir was only temporary by definition as he was our interim manager.

Otherwise the club would have given him the permanent managers role in the first place 

Don't know how else I can explain this without the need for diagrams etc.

Why bother with what?

Rosenoir was only temporary by definition as he was our interim manager.

Otherwise the club would have given him the permanent managers role in the first place 

Don't know how else I can explain this without the need for diagrams etc.

You keep answering a question I've not asked. 😄 Why interview Rosenior when they'd already head-hunted Warne?

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

You keep answering a question I've not asked. 😄 Why interview Rosenior when they'd already head-hunted Warne?

You're a bit naive aren't you....why do businesses interview more than one candidate when they have a clear favourite?

So they can't be accused of bias, process being rigged, favouritism etc.

And also ass a benchmark to prove that the favoured candidate actually was the best candidate comparatively. 

Hope that answers your question.

All fine as long as Rosenior wasn't allowed to believe he had a greater chance of securing the job on a permanent basis than he had in reality. Or worse, to believe ha had a chance when he had none at all.

We have no way of knowing what the conversations between Liam and David were like, so we can't really claim that he was lead on.

In fact, what we do know is that the chairman has stated that it was a close run thing and Rosenior nearly got the job, even hinting that he'd be open to working with him in the future, so that further removes us from the above scenario.

I have some vague recollection of Rosenior being aware of our interest in Warne before his final game against Wycombe? Could be totally misremembering and that's nonsense, but perhaps it wasn't coincidence that Rosenior switched to a 3 at the back in that game, considering we know Warne's preferred formation?

Edited by Kokosnuss

1 minute ago, Tyler Durden said:

You're a bit naive aren't you....why do businesses interview more than one candidate when they have a clear favourite?

So they can't be accused of bias, process being rigged, favouritism etc.

And also ass a benchmark to prove that the favoured candidate actually was the best candidate comparatively. 

Hope that answers your question.

I'm not naive at all, I was pointing out they weren't going to do anything other than say Rosenior was 'interim' because they'd been head-hunting Warne. He was a deadman walking in so far as the managers job was concerned, no chance at all. 

1 minute ago, Kokosnuss said:

All fine as long as Rosenior wasn't allowed to believe he had a greater chance of securing the job on a permanent basis than he had in reality. Or worse, to believe ha had a chance when he had none at all.

We have no way of knowing what the conversations between Liam and David were like, so we can't really claim that he was lead on.

In fact, what we do know is that the chairman has stated that it was a close run thing and Rosenior nearly got the job, even hinting that he'd be open to working with him in the future, so that further removes us from the above scenario.

I thought that but it's more likely to be covering themselves HR-style. There was talk about how we'd finally moved for Warne but had been looking at him much earlier wasn't there?

I'm not naive at all, I was pointing out they weren't going to do anything other than say Rosenior was 'interim' because they'd been head-hunting Warne. He was a deadman walking in so far as the managers job was concerned, no chance at all. 

They didn't have to say he was interim as that was his job title when he accepted the interim managers role. 

So if Rosenoir was under some misunderstanding that he was employed as our permanent manager when his job title was always interim then I don't believe he's that slow on the uptake. 

Of course he was a dead man walking - that's the nature of interim employment - whether it be football or bank managers. 

8 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

I thought that but it's more likely to be covering themselves HR-style. There was talk about how we'd finally moved for Warne but had been looking at him much earlier wasn't there?

I think Clowes had admitted an interest in the summer himself, in the Ed Dawes interview, so yes.

I do find the hard-line "well he was just interim so tough s***" attitude rather unnecessary, whatever the case.

Edited by Kokosnuss

2 minutes ago, Kokosnuss said:

I think Clowes had admitted an interest in the summer himself, in the Ed Dawes interview, so yes.

I do find the hard-line "well he was just interim so tough s***" attitude rather unnecessary, whatever the case.

I don't see anyone saying that it was tough poo that he wasn't given the permanent managers role unless you can provide that quote if I've missed it.....

Just leaving this here, straight off Google regards the definition of an interim manager:-

a temporary leader during times of change and transition

Note the key word in bold.