Warne: what would it take?

IlsonDerby

4 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Genuinely,  yes.

I think other than Mac, and before then the Bald Eagle,  its no worse than what's been served up for 40years. 

For me it’s a bit like continuing to go to your favourite restaurant that’s under new ownership and gone really down hill. I will hold off until the food is back to scratch and it returns to being an enjoyable experience 😊

It's no worse than under many other managers until you consider the quality of opposition and our resources relative to theirs.

Not that you're allowed to do that without being shouted down and told you're talking nonsense if you don't have explicit, formal, recorded proof that you're correct, even though all available evidence and reasonable logic points toward what you're saying being true.

9 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Or wrong by some others 😉

Judging people’s reactions on here Warne 2 biggest crimes yesterday were moving Bird for Hourihane and not bringing Sibbo on , hardly sacking offences, you can’t blame Warne for our player dallying for their goal or the chance that went begging near the end 

Warne does plenty right, it's just followed by an equal number if not higher number of wrongs. IMO.

I'm not egotistic enough to think that what I believe is the correct thing to do is the correct thing to do or that I know better than a professional manager.

I,  and everyone else here, spout plenty of b******* about football (I'd say on occasion but it's probably most of the time) that doesn't really stack up when faced with the realities of managing a squad of 20/30 footballers (as people and as players), and wouldn't be able to handle all of the little things he has to which mount up to form the main basis of Warne's day to day job.

Even that said, it's weird how it seems more often to be the case that he'll do something which his critics have stated he should do, and positive results follow, than it is he'll make a decision which doesn't seem popular at the time it was made but he ends up being proven correct in his convictions. In fact I'd struggle to name any examples of that, but others may be able.

I'm not sure how that balance plays out with other managers as there's only so much one can remember.

I still have no true desire to see him sacked, I still just want him to improve, and prove I'm wrong, and I still think it's really only some very minor tweaks which would see us right up there at the top of the table this season.

He sometimes makes those tweaks but within a week it's like they never happened and it's utterly maddening!

Long term I think it will take more than tweaks, but I can't ask for everything all at once.

Edited by Kokosnuss

7 minutes ago, Kokosnuss said:

Warne does plenty right, it's just followed by an equal number if not higher number of wrongs. IMO.

I'm not egotistic enough to think that what I believe is the correct thing to do is the correct thing to do or that I know better than a professional manager.

I,  and everyone else here, spout plenty of b******* about football (I'd say on occasion but it's probably most of the time) that doesn't really stack up when faced with the realities of managing a squad of 20/30 footballers (as people and as players), and wouldn't be able to handle all of the little things he has to which mount up to form the main basis of Warne's day to day job.

Even that said, it's weird how it seems more often to be the case that he'll do something which his critics have stated he should do, and positive results follow, than it is he'll make a decision which didn't seem popular at the time it was made but he ends up being proven correct in his convictions. In fact I'd struggle to name any examples of that, but others may be able.

I'm not sure how that balance plays out with other managers as there's only so much one can remember.

I still have no true desire to see him sacked, I still just want him to improve, and prove I'm wrong, and I still think it's really only some very minor tweaks which would see us right up there at the top of the table this season.

He sometimes makes those tweaks but within a week it's like they never happened and it's utterly maddening!

Long term I think it will take more than tweaks, but I can't ask for everything all at once.

Great post. Not my perspective but I can see your angle completely.

What's losing me is the totally one dimensional rhetoric that starts pre-match, carries on through the game thread and continues post match (unless we win) and just endlessly repeats the same points.

Anyway. I'm out for a week or two now before I morph into @Tyler Durdenand am eternally damned to answering multiple threads at once.

50 minutes ago, Premier ram said:

Judging people’s reactions on here Warne 2 biggest crimes yesterday were moving Bird for Hourihane and not bringing Sibbo on , hardly sacking offences, you can’t blame Warne for our player dallying for their goal or the chance that went begging near the end 

But as I said, regardless, Managers will be judged on results. If/when Warne gets the call in to the owners office and is sacked, saying it was not my fault as the strikers missed some sitters, just won’t wash will it 🤔

I am still a way off wanting him gone, BUT I really don't understand his need to treat every single team with respect. I'm not being a football snob, I don't think "We're Derby County and we're better than everyone else", but I do think that we should have our style that can be tweaked against the better teams but still allowing us to play to that style. Why couldn't we take the game to Cheltenham yesterday? Why wouldn't we be able to control the centre of the pitch with the players at our disposal AND take them on on the wings? I do think that Warne will get us out of this league, and hopefully this year, but I must confess I wouldn't be devastated on a footballing level if he got the sack tomorrow. 

11 minutes ago, richinspain said:

I am still a way off wanting him gone, BUT I really don't understand his need to treat every single team with respect. I'm not being a football snob, I don't think "We're Derby County and we're better than everyone else", but I do think that we should have our style that can be tweaked against the better teams but still allowing us to play to that style. Why couldn't we take the game to Cheltenham yesterday? Why wouldn't we be able to control the centre of the pitch with the players at our disposal AND take them on on the wings? I do think that Warne will get us out of this league, and hopefully this year, but I must confess I wouldn't be devastated on a footballing level if he got the sack tomorrow. 

Honestly I think this is the position most or at least many people hold in their hearts, but the nature of discussions on a forum such as this lead them to sort of ignoring that in favour of presenting an image of positivity and patience. Or the complete opposite.

We're all on forums because secretly we LOVE an argument, however deep down in our psyche that desire is buried.

Certain people also love to be seen as being on the right side of history and will adapt their views to suit.

Edited by Kokosnuss

2 hours ago, Premier ram said:

Warne will never do right in some posters eyes , football management is so easy hiding behind your computer 

I’m on my guessing here but I’d say most people sat behind their computers on this forum either didn’t apply to be the next Derby manager or were they approached to take the job. 

If they were, we’d be top 2 now 🤣

10 minutes ago, Kokosnuss said:

Honestly I think this is the position most or at least many people hold in their hearts, but the nature of discussions on a forum such as this lead them to sort of ignoring that in favour of presenting an image of positivity and patience. Or the complete opposite.

We're all on forums because secretly we LOVE an argument, however deep down in our psyche that desire is buried.

Certain people also love to be seen as being on the right side of history and will adapt their views to suit.

I don’t need to go on a forum for an argument, I’m married.😌

Warne is anti football I hear ,,, then I hear get warnock in 😂

next it’s anybody with a previous derby connection whether they are have managed a club or not or have managed but not achieved anything yet ,

then it’s any young ambitious manager who can grow with the club ( Paul warne not young ambitious manager clowes hopes can grow with the club having 3 promotions from this division under his belt already 🤷🏻‍♂️

I feel warne is under a bit of pressure and in my view struggling a little to adjust to a bigger club with different pressure s but ffs be careful what you wish for , to get rid now and take a punt on unproven instead could be an absolute disaster for the club and do real damage , of course it may work but people calling for are wrongly certain it will all turn out fairytale happy endings , sorry folks but that’s rarely the case in football ,

also do any of us know if he is doing well building a feeling and good atmosphere inside the club , maybe clowes sees other stuff going on that make the present not disastrous but not fantastic results on the field just part of what he’s trying to build into the club 🤷🏻‍♂️

Edited by Archied