Matchday Thread - Derby County v Peterborough United (27/08 15:00)

Ghost of Clough

Very important. I had started to get the feeling we were believing we tire in the second half even though we are nearing full fitness. We just look mentally like we fall back and expect to get runover in midfield as soon as the second half starts. 

All the talk of a short pre-season and how we like to start not fully fit in the first game anyway. That was fine, 2 weeks a go. Not now, and I think mentally that will do us a world of good. 

Might be the turning point of the season. We need this mentality away from home too. 

2 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

We stopped playing when Posh went down to 10 men.

There was a period in the first half as well where we really struggled to play out from the back and just lumped misplaced passes.

We don’t have it in us to lump it and play second balls. We don’t have CKR anymore.

Those also questioning Korey Smith. His vertical passes were brilliant when he came on. He did more in 20 minutes than Bird did in the entire game.

Jason Knight is too good for this league.

How far did he manage to kick it into the air?

6 minutes ago, tombomb said:

Nobody going to mention the difference that Korey smith made replacing max bird? His vision and ability to find a forward pass won us that game. He was brilliant for the 15minutes he was on the pitch. Should be looking to start him in that position. He makes things happen. 

Was a good call by Rosenior to take his captain off. Bird has the ability to play between the lines more than he does at times, healthy competition for Smith to come on and stake his claim, couple of incisive balls to break lines, made the difference today.

2 minutes ago, SillyBilly said:

Was a good call by Rosenior to take his captain off. Bird has the ability to play between the lines more than he does at times, healthy competition for Smith to come on and stake his claim, couple of incisive balls to break lines, made the difference today.

Great substitutions from Rosenior. Has to be praised heavily for that. Even if I dont like this ridiculous goal kick routine.

17 minutes ago, DanS1992 said:

Pathetic. Criminal. Bloody amazing. Not good for my health. Struggling to find a way to describe it, but let's give it a go. 

Same old, same old. Decent first half, shambles of a second. As soon as they went down to ten men, total arrogance for our perspective, playing like it was only a matter of time till we won the game, considering we can't score if our lives depended on it. Then as per usual, some pretty shoddy defending gives the opposition ONE chance and they take it.

Only once we concede do we start to play with any purpose, but again, too little too late. Peterborough have a one goal lead, and something to defend. Or is it?....

Somehow, Somehow. And I honestly do not know why, we somehow go on to win the game, despite the lackluster second half. A Knighty thunderbolt header on 87 mins sparks an unlikely comeback, with Didzy Mc"Fecking"Goldrick slotting a delightful equalizer on 92 mins. 

Jeesus fecking christ, this club is gonna be the death of me! But I wouldn't have it any other way! Massive celebratory beer for me, and going to enjoy this unlikeliest turnaround. Will debate the problems at a later date. Now is not the time, just gonna enjoy this big win. 

COYR!

Unnecessarily offensive language in the penultimate paragraph.

I agree with the main points but this has totally ruined it for me!

I'm so utterly delighted by this result. Shows what the club are all about. Resilient to the last.

Hopefully this is the kind of victory that ignites a winning streak.

Despite having not had the rub so far we are in the playoffs and processing in the cup.

Considering where we have come from, it's an amazing place to be.

Great limbs at the end there. Should’ve won comfortably, but we weren’t good enough when they went down to 10. 

Big few days with the transfer window. We need some reinforcements. No one we could throw on out wide with NML missing today, and we certainly need a striker to take Joan Collins out the firing line, he was pony again. 

36 minutes ago, DanS1992 said:

Pathetic. Criminal. Bloody amazing. Not good for my health. Struggling to find a way to describe it, but let's give it a go. 

Same old, same old. Decent first half, shambles of a second. As soon as they went down to ten men, total arrogance for our perspective, playing like it was only a matter of time till we won the game, considering we can't score if our lives depended on it. Then as per usual, some pretty shoddy defending gives the opposition ONE chance and they take it.

Only once we concede do we start to play with any purpose, but again, too little too late. Peterborough have a one goal lead, and something to defend. Or is it?....

Somehow, Somehow. And I honestly do not know why, we somehow go on to win the game, despite the lackluster second half. A Knighty thunderbolt header on 87 mins sparks an unlikely comeback, with Didzy Mc"Fecking"Goldrick slotting a delightful equalizer on 92 mins. 

Jeesus fecking christ, this club is gonna be the death of me! But I wouldn't have it any other way! Massive celebratory beer for me, and going to enjoy this unlikeliest turnaround. Will debate the problems at a later date. Now is not the time, just gonna enjoy this big win. 

COYR!

Last para sums that up. Went all dizzy when we equalised. What an end. Just debating whether to go down a1 home instead of m1 to feel smug

8 hours ago, David said:

Lovely day for it

Bringing 2 Grimsby Town fans down today, show them a proper stadium and football team.

956B18B0-64E0-4F44-A7A7-388E380A1464.jpeg

Talk about perfect timing!

Even taking away the late win (why would you!) that was a cracking game to show off to a couple of neutrals. 
Decent attendance.  Cracking atmosphere from both sets of fans, and a well fought entertaining game where both teams could walk off with heads held high. ?

The only thing missing was a new Rams shirt apiece from the club shop, but you can always bring them again in the autumn!  (That’s the official release date, I believe!  ?)

Lovely day for it indeed. Well done!  ??

Well we stole that - and it was a great ending!

Poor forward play for most of the game.

A game of two red card decisions. Thompson, who had been strong in defence, sent off for a second yellow as Barks broke the long jump record.

Stearman seeing yellow not red when last man (admittedly near half way)

Subs again made a difference. Smith was calm and accurate. McGoldrick the man we needed when the chance came.

Knight head and shoulders above the six out of tens.

Good to win ugly