Notice to appoint administrators

DerbySmog

Where are the Mel defenders now… hate to say I told you so…

Man is a total disgrace. Even has the ducking nerve to call himself a “fan” in that statement. Hope he gets everything that’s coming his way tomorrow. Lies and more lies.

I’ve not posted for a long time because I’ve been so angry about what’s been going on. So so angry that one man can destroy a football club we all hold so dear. And the worst thing? He won’t even take any ducking responsibility. Utter disgrace.

I’ll be there tomorrow, in full voice against against our supreme overlord (without any NDA on what I say). And I’ll keep going, because this is my football club.

Hopefully one day Mel will be gone, and never darkens the doors of Pride Park again. Once we’re got a proper owner who’s worthy of this great club, I’ll be back. For now I bid you all farewell…

Just now, Black ('n' White) Sheep said:

I've stayed fairly quiet on my opinion of Mel Morris until now.

He's taken a club, OUR club, from having: a relatively low Championship wage bill; an exciting brand of football and decent future prospects in 2014-15 and ruined it in 7 years. We had a decent team and ended up throwing money around (that we didn't need to!) on bang average players and inexperienced managers (I'm thinking mainly Clement here) who didn't have a clue; then tried finding loopholes around how much we were spending! Now we're in administration, will end up having to 'sell the family silver' and will be lucky to have a club this time next year by the sounds of it.

Anyone who knows me will know how much DCFC means to me (and I'm guessing many of you on here are in similar position) I'm gutted... absolutely gutted... and MM deserves everything the fans sling at him tomorrow ?

Loopholes for which he was lauded and applauded by our fanbase.

Selling the ground to himself? Nothing to see here. "Lol! It's wound up Steve Gibson"

Players not being payed on time? It's just a technical glitch! Happens all the time.

Loan taken out against the training facilities? Stop panicking - it's just for a bit of extra cash to fund another signing!

Our fans - including this forum - have been up to their necks in denial ever since MM first opened his chequebook.

1 minute ago, Black ('n' White) Sheep said:

Bradley Johnson was way ahead of the curve with that one!

A visionary, shame not as visionary with his passes 

Administration clears debts that investors don't want to take on. Mel loses loads on DCFC, part of the deal is to pay off Dell out of his own pocket. Takeover happens for a quid. New investors can invest in the team not historical debt. In a years time the ground gets sold back to the club for 70million and Mel gets his sale price. 

A very shyster way of doing it. But I would probably do the same if that's what I was left with.

2 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I'll hold my hands up and admit it took me a long time to realise and I defended him much longer than I should have done.

The penny finally dropped when it came out about the ground sale,.a few months after he had sat at a fans forum and not even mentioned it.

Since then its been clear he is a complete bullshitter.

People shouldn't feel ashamed for believing the lies. We've been fed whatever positivity possible, constantly reassured because it's what we wanted to hear. The majority of people will naturally believe what they want to be true. A transfer rumour we like from an unknown source is great news, the same that says we're selling a fan-favourite is ridiculed.

We've been told that we're being sold several times, the money is days away, we will pass FFP, there's no issues financially, no administration, blah blah blah. Everything we've been spun by them has proven to not be the case. And even worse, there isn't even any humility or honesty at the end. The fans that have been held in total disregard are continuing to be held in that way.

3 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Where are the Mel defenders now… hate to say I told you so…

Man is a total disgrace. Even has the ducking nerve to call himself a “fan” in that statement. Hope he gets everything that’s coming his way tomorrow. Lies and more lies.

I’ve not posted for a long time because I’ve been so angry about what’s been going on. So so angry that one man can destroy a football club we all hold so dear. And the worst thing? He won’t even take any ducking responsibility. Utter disgrace.

I’ll be there tomorrow, in full voice against against our supreme overlord (without any NDA on what I say). And I’ll keep going, because this is my football club.

Hopefully one day Mel will be gone, and never darkens the doors of Pride Park again. Once we’re got a proper owner who’s worthy of this great club, I’ll be back. For now I bid you all farewell…

Quite possible MM has resigned from the board - will be interesting to see.