Notice to appoint administrators

DerbySmog

I've never had any link to Derby as a city or Derbyshire but have loved this Club for the last 42 years. Given the shenanigans of the last 2 or 3 years and now the near certainty of the Rams playing League One football next season, I'm sure that I'm not alone amongst Derby County fans of a similar age to myself in wondering whether we will ever see top level football at Pride Park again.

Tonight I just feel sick!

8 minutes ago, enachops said:

I’m afraid this is one of the darkest days in our history. Certain relegation to the third tier of English football and a very bleak future. Especially if it’s an extended transfer embargo. No matter how old you are, this is up there as one of the worst periods of time in our whole existence. 

Tongue in cheek remark mate.

When you've lived with the slow decline from 76 just as the gumps were on the up, through to the 3rd division relegation, Maxwell etc its hard to see it as the worst but it may well turn out to be yet. Strangely though, some of the best memories are of those years followed by the promotions.

You won't get a ticket to away games next season for love nor money!

Shambles doesn’t even come close to describing this clusterfeck under Morris’s guardianship. It transpires Mel Morris is to Derby County Football Club What King Herod was to babysitting.

But I’ve got to old my hands up, I thought we were in safe hands and bought into his initial vision for the club. Feel a little foolish tonight but console myself by thinking I was just conned by a master BSer . I can kind of see why some people wanted to cut him down to size in retrospect.