Notice to appoint administrators

DerbySmog

Just now, kevinhectoring said:

no, ownership does not pass automatically.  It is just about possible that administration could be avoided. eg Mel could transfer the shares to MSD who could agree to continue fund. But if that was the cunning plan, makes no sense to file a notice to appoint...  

I believe the onus is on MSD now, to apply the charge that they have registered.

1 hour ago, David said:

I feel sick. I had no idea, no pre warning that this was coming.

This is my club. Our club. Gutted. I don't know what to say.

I'm off to get drunk. Very drunk.

Sorry.

I feel you mate , absolutely heartbroken by this news mate sounds like he’s had all the supporters groups pants down if you guys weren’t aware of this but sod him we are bigger than Mel if we become Derby County AFC we’re still our club 

2 minutes ago, Carnero said:

I believe the onus is on MSD now, to apply the charge that they have registered.

As a wild guess MM and MSD have been in talks for a while, MM didn't wake up this Morning and decided to chuck all his toys out of the pram...I believe in fairy tales and there is a pot of gold at the end of the Rainbow...no not Bungle, Zippy or George

Just trying to think of some positives from all of this...

Hopefully all possible deductions apply to this season meaning next season we can start from scratch

Relegation is out of the players & Rooneys hands, almost a free hit of a season to try new things out & give youth minutes

Mel will finally be gone

Just hoping we have someone competent take us over, no point deductions apply to next season & that we actually have a club to support next season.

Incredibly sad news, I hope everyone here is dealing with it okay. It seems from Twitter that the last straw was the falling through of a takeover deal last week, meant Mel had enough and decided to enter administration. We've probably been told by a number of potential buyers that we have too much debt and risk and they're not willing to take the chance on our club. Interesting that the statement in the last paragraph says that we were denied covid relief funds (around 7 million) that were provided to every other club.

The scary thing now is that anyone could snap the club up for a rock bottom price, a new owner who could be a lot worse for us than Mel. We've all heard horror stories of owners buying clubs and intentionally running them into the ground and flog the land and building assets off to make quick cash. I also have absolutely no trust in the EFL making sure our new owner is "proper" for our football club.

Are we as a fan base finally going to wake up to Mel and hold him to account.

I am sick of reading people defending him, he has absolutely destroyed this club and this administration (when we have had a good start to the season!) is just a final spit in the face to the fans that stayed loyal to him.

there should be protests at the next game, although that is assuming we are even allowed to play games. I am worried about more than admin

Really irritates me that Gibson throwing his toys out his pram has ultimately cost us a takeover and resulted in hard working people behind the scenes losing their jobs.

Then football in general, the big 6 nearly destroyed english football bit have got away with it, we try to get promotion and overspend & get punished by a governing body who should be there to help & support their members not seek & destroy them.

Then finally, teams who got lucky & got promoted whilst breaching P&S/FFP get away with it as do the likes of the deals between Watford/Udinese & Forest/Olympiakos which clearly are done to get around the rules