Notice to appoint administrators

DerbySmog

Love to see that some of you can still come out with the predictable snarky "but what you do expect to happen? We can't possibly have any effect on the club with our actions"

If you believe that, don't go tomorrow. If you don't think you can have any impact, why the hell are you taking up space in the stadium? Go to make an impact. Make your voice heard. Express your displeasure.

For God's sakes, you deserve to scream and make the roof come off Pride Park. You deserve to lose your rag and shout at the top of your lungs. Why the hell else do you go to the stadium if not to release your passion, in both good times and bad?

I won't keep my gob shut. Neither should you. This is an outrage, where is your anger?

https://www.efl.com/news/2021/september/efl-statement-Derby-county2

With confirmation from Derby County Football Club that they have filed a notice of intention to appoint administrators, the EFL can tonight confirm that the Club will be subject to an insolvency event under the terms of the EFL’s Regulations.

As a result, the Club faces a 12-point deduction. 

Once the EFL has received formal notification of the application, the deduction will be applied. 

The EFL will in due course engage in discussions with the relevant parties with the aim of achieving a successful outcome for the long-term future for the Club.

The League is disappointed with the comments made by the Club in respect of COVID lending facilities. The EFL entered into a debt raise to provide its Clubs with access to funds that would support them in dealing with the impact of COVID and, as with any loan, this was subject to a timeframe and eligibility criteria which Derby County was unable to meet.

Apologies to mods if I've quoted too much... but that last paragraph was the most interesting bit.

Edited by Animal is a Ram

9 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

A slight silver lining, perhaps? MSD sound quite competent.

Or am I clutching at straws? Much easier said than done, I guess.

I could be completely wrong here but wasn’t the terms of the loan from MSD that if we tried to enter admin the club was transferred to them? If this is the case, we may not even enter admin but Mel gets his get out. So MSD now inherit the club and they look for a suitable buyer at a cut price deal and we don’t lose 12 points?

1 minute ago, Tombo said:

Love to see that some of you can still come out with the predictable snarky "but what you do expect to happen? We can't possibly have any effect on the club with our actions"

If you believe that, don't go tomorrow. If you don't think you can have any impact, why the hell are you taking up space in the stadium? Go to make an impact. Make your voice heard. Express your displeasure.

For God's sakes, you deserve to scream and make the roof come off Pride Park. You deserve to lose your rag and shout at the top of your lungs. Why the hell else do you go to the stadium if not to release your passion, in both good times and bad?

I won't keep my gob shut. Neither should you. This is an outrage, where is your anger?

Get angry in the stadium. But direct it at that scumbag Morris. Rooney and the playing staff need everyone’s support. They will be feeling this just as much as the fans.