Notice to appoint administrators

DerbySmog

1 hour ago, S8TY said:

is that what Gibson's doing then?? Trying to safeguard Derby County??? trying to make sure we're ok !! pmsl......There's plenty of clubs bending the rules slightly we aren't the only ones...I would not have your hero Gibson anywhere near DCFC we've had enough shysters running the club.....he's been very vocal about us......don't think he's the knight in shining armour you portray him to be Ben

Bending the rules slightly ????

So, to the poster wondering if Morris’s health was an issue that prevented him from informing Rooney the club were about to go into administration, this interview kind of blows that out of the water (thankfully)

Though not impressed with Morris, I do hope his health issues are behind him. Now, I won’t listen to the interview myself as I don’t believe it will be an honest account of what is going on. Subsequently I won’t comment on any posts that relate to the interview.

12 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

So, to the poster wondering if Morris’s health was an issue that prevented him from informing Rooney the club were about to go into administration, this interview kind of blows that out of the water (thankfully)

Though not impressed with Morris, I do hope his health issues are behind him. Now, I won’t listen to the interview myself as I don’t believe it will be an honest account of what is going on. Subsequently I won’t comment on any posts that relate to the interview.

You won’t know unless you listen to it… I don’t think any of us has any idea what he’s going to say really. It could be a bombastic, ‘it’s all ok’ or a 20 minute apology. Let’s see

27 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

I would say keep an open mind, you may well learn something you didn't know. I've set my alarm so I don't miss it. I want to hear his take on where the club will go from here. Surely he knows more than anyone else on this. 

15 hours ago, BobbyTheReadingFan said:

Hey All,

I heard this news earlier. I don't know much about the history of how you got to this stage but I know that it's due to mismanagement and really poor conduct by owners. I also heard Rooney earlier say he heard about the Administration when watching TV. 

I was gutted to hear this latest update. I like Derby - although that's not really the point at the minute...

I think the point that I wanted to make is that every single football fan really needs to take notice here. It could be there club next. It doesn't matter if they're your biggest rivals, you hate the club, etc.. it's more than that. I'm sick of seeing rich owners come in, playing at being a chairman, making poor decisions or taking risks and then putting the whole club in jeopardy. I'm also sick of the rest of the footballing world just ignore it and almost watch on with mild interest to see what happens. We're all football fans first and foremost and clubs like yours and others have been around well over a hundred years and form a huge part of the community. 

It's the fans that really suffer here. Not to mention the staff, those in back office roles, canteen staff, cleaners, car park attendants, maintainance people, etc... 

Anyway, I hope that there is some better news for you soon although I realise things look bleak. I know you're going to try to negotiate on the points deduction, either way hopefully there's some clarity and closure on that so you at least know where you stand and can focus on football. 

Great result today as well (at least that's one positive!) 

thanks for that, out of interest (woodley is woodley Reading), what is happening with Reading FFP issues, I seem to remember Reading being well over spent??

18 hours ago, davenportram said:

Doesn’t sound like the football club has any ownership of the stadium 

Now, if I waited, and let's say I left that (the stadium) in the football club just for a second, and now was bringing in an initial 12 million pounds a year from running concerts and then chose to pull the stadium out to sell to someone else for 180 million pounds, and then booked that profit, then people would have had an even bigger issue with it.

"We had the stadium valued and the valuation came back. Once it came back, if I had paid a penny less, HMRC (Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs) would have rang me up and said: 'By the way, you have just sold yourself an asset at under value'.

"So on the one hand, I am either going to have to have a debate with HMRC and pay them a cheque, or I am going to have the EFL moaning, or some other club, saying this isn't fair, on the other side."

ge sold it from the club to himself - his own words 

If the administrators don't pay the ground rent to Morris, I wonder what his stance would be? True colours may well be shown! Anybody worth £100's of millions would surely say "forget the rent" you can play there for free if they really cared. After all he still has the asset value.

1 minute ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

But it’s not part of a group as far as I know. Seperate entity couldn’t be sure though ? 

Tax losses can only be surrendered to part of a tax group. 

I'm pretty sure they would have received sound advice on this.

Without looking back, I think the losses were surrendered to another company under common control.

As I said, perfectly normal and legal.

However, to be counted as income for FFP...joke.

Interestingly, if DCFC were allowed to do this I imagine it would have been in excess of £100m.

Have the EFL not given Boro a competitive advantage over all other teams?

Same with our ground sale, if we have been allowed to do it then every team should be given the same opportunity or given a credit against their FFP figures.

EFL are not fit to run a bath.

17 minutes ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

But it’s not part of a group as far as I know. Seperate entity couldn’t be sure though ? 

Gibson O'Neil holdings own Middlesbrough football club alongside other business's. It's commen practice used by many clubs and all withing rules and laws. 

Screenshot_20210919_124017_com.huawei.browser.jpg

15 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Tax losses can only be surrendered to part of a tax group. 

I'm pretty sure they would have received sound advice on this.

Without looking back, I think the losses were surrendered to another company under common control.

As I said, perfectly normal and legal.

However, to be counted as income for FFP...joke.

Interestingly, if DCFC were allowed to do this I imagine it would have been in excess of £100m.

Have the EFL not given Boro a competitive advantage over all other teams?

Same with our ground sale, if we have been allowed to do it then every team should be given the same opportunity or given a credit against their FFP figures.

EFL are not fit to run a bath.

Completly agree about the EFL.