Rosenior

belperram9

Found Liam quite irritating today. He was constantly jumping from the bench in front of Rooney shouting instructions to the players. I very much doubt he was directed to do this by Rooney and was seemingly trying to manage the team as if he was head coach at times. It must have been quite frustrating Wayne, but he probably feels he cannot say anything.

I do sometimes feel Liam craves the limelight and recognition at times but fails to acknowledge he is the number 2 and at times forgets? He is very confident in his own ability but I do feel he undermines Wayne by procrastinating his own ideas as if he is the manager. 

3 minutes ago, belperram9 said:

Found Liam quite irritating today. He was constantly jumping from the bench in front of Rooney shouting instructions to the players. I very much doubt he was directed to do this by Rooney and was seemingly trying to manage the team as if he was head coach at times. It must have been quite frustrating Wayne, but he probably feels he cannot say anything.

I do sometimes feel Liam craves the limelight and recognition at times but fails to acknowledge he is the number 2 and at times forgets? He is very confident in his own ability but I do feel he undermines Wayne by procrastinating his own ideas as if he is the manager. 

Rooney is extremely quiet though and perhaps relies on Rosenior to get his instructions across?

I was sat right behind the dugout and it was amusing comparing and contrasting Rooney and Rosenoir - Rooney totally impassive, arms folded, Rosenoir jumping around like he had St Vitus dance. 

The number of bottles of water Rosenoir quaffed was quite incredible too, maybe he's still hungover from his night out last weekend. 

Just now, Tyler Durden said:

I was sat right behind the dugout and it was amusing comparing and contrasting Rooney and Rosenoir - Rooney totally impassive, arms folded, Rosenoir jumping around like he had St Vitus dance. 

The number of bottles of water Rosenoir quaffed was quite incredible too, maybe he's still hungover from his night out last weekend. 

I would find that quite irritating if I were Wayne in that scenario. The players no doubt feed off the body language of their coach, perhaps being passive at times helps players relax, rather than screaming all the time a la warnock style. Maybe Rooney is purposely being passive to try and relax his players and if so, Liam behaving the way he does wouldn’t help and certainly sends mixed messages from the bench. 

Just now, belperram9 said:

I would find that quite irritating if I were Wayne in that scenario. The players no doubt feed off the body language of their coach, perhaps being passive at times helps players relax, rather than screaming all the time a la warnock style. Maybe Rooney is purposely being passive to try and relax his players and if so, Liam behaving the way he does wouldn’t help and certainly sends mixed messages from the bench. 

Yin and Yang and all that stuff maybe. 

I actually wonder how much attention the players pay to the bench during a game as a matter of interest. 

7 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

I thought that you were going to say that Wayne looked as though he was asleep, but then realised that he had his arms folded and didn't have his hands in his pockets.

18 minutes ago, belperram9 said:

Proffering not procrastinating which means to delay your intended action. I sort of agree with you though. We can put it down to over enthusiasm perhaps.

9 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Rooney’s idea to calm Rosenior down was to give him still water.

7 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Proffering not procrastinating which means to delay your intended action. I sort of agree with you though. We can put it down to over enthusiasm perhaps.

Maybe he proffers his own opinions as he's fed up with Rooney procrastinating all the time. Who knows. Word of the day though.  

42 minutes ago, belperram9 said:

You do know Wayne has previously said in an interview he wants LR to be the more vocal one on the touch line?

Also, you really think Wayne won't say anything if he didn't like or want it?

Personally I think LR has a far better footballing knowledge of a brain than WR has.

I have no idea whatsoever about his abilities. He does seem to be vocal, even gobby at times. He has a combative demeanour which doesn’t endear him to me but when we talk about goal keepers needing own their area, call out to team mates along with differing management styles and needing “leaders” surely we can’t critique without knowing what they both do behind the scenes. 

10 hours ago, rammieib said:

You do know Wayne has previously said in an interview he wants LR to be the more vocal one on the touch line?

Also, you really think Wayne won't say anything if he didn't like or want it?

Personally I think LR has a far better footballing knowledge of a brain than WR has.

Interesting you think that. I think the opposite. I also think WR’s is backed up by experience of having walked the walk. I don’t think LR’s view would ever trump WR’s view if I was a player listening to instructions. 

6 minutes ago, sage said:

Hmm I wonder why out of all our coaches Rosenoir get the most stick based on such little evidence 

Perhaps for the very reasons stated he seems to be the most verbal and visual in the area on the side of the pitch - lol can't remember what that box is called!