Rosenior

belperram9

8 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Perhaps for the very reasons stated he seems to be the most verbal and visual in the area on the side of the pitch - lol can't remember what that box is called! 

Last season it was because he didn't seem to be doing enough of that.

13 hours ago, belperram9 said:

Found Liam quite irritating today. He was constantly jumping from the bench in front of Rooney shouting instructions to the players. I very much doubt he was directed to do this by Rooney and was seemingly trying to manage the team as if he was head coach at times. It must have been quite frustrating Wayne, but he probably feels he cannot say anything.

I do sometimes feel Liam craves the limelight and recognition at times but fails to acknowledge he is the number 2 and at times forgets? He is very confident in his own ability but I do feel he undermines Wayne by procrastinating his own ideas as if he is the manager. 

I was watching the football match ?

22 hours ago, belperram9 said:

Found Liam quite irritating today. He was constantly jumping from the bench in front of Rooney shouting instructions to the players. I very much doubt he was directed to do this by Rooney and was seemingly trying to manage the team as if he was head coach at times. It must have been quite frustrating Wayne, but he probably feels he cannot say anything.

I do sometimes feel Liam craves the limelight and recognition at times but fails to acknowledge he is the number 2 and at times forgets? He is very confident in his own ability but I do feel he undermines Wayne by procrastinating his own ideas as if he is the manager. 

Don't really rate either of them, but that's what we're stuck with for the time being, and probably for the rest of the season. 

I never understand the manager isnt shouting so doesn't care or doesn't know what he us doing.

People are mistaking quietness for incompetence & loudness for efficiency.

The quiet manager might be the deep thinker, self-aware & rational decision-makers.

Each coach/ manager is different & should be judged by their impact, not their volume

Without knowing what LR’s role is here it seems a bit strange to ‘rate’ him.

He may have a job title but I doubt anyone here actually knows what his exact roles are. 

Is it his job to relay messages from Rooney to the first-team? Is he the person who sets out first-team coaching and actually works directly with the players on systems and style? Or does he monitor the opposition and identify their strengths and weaknesses before relaying that info to our players?

Maybe he is excellent in analysis and tactical set-ups but is a poor communicator? Maybe he’s not.

So many variables.

Did we spend this much time speculating about Paul Simpson's worth? Jody Morris's? 

No.

Management teams are just that. Teams. There will be assigned roles that should bring out the best skills from each member. There will be one boss. The strength of the team lies in how the boss manages the team to support the objective. We'll see how that goes as the season progresses.

18 hours ago, G-Ram said:

I never understand the manager isnt shouting so doesn't care or doesn't know what he us doing.

The quiet manager might be the deep thinker, self-aware & rational decision-makers.

Each coach/ manager is different & should be judged by their impact, not their volume

Impact/results, agreed…

18 hours ago, G-Ram said:

I have the same view of managers watching football matches as I do of fans watching football matches - knowledge is inversely related to volume.

On 07/08/2021 at 22:47, Tyler Durden said:

I was sat right behind the dugout and it was amusing comparing and contrasting Rooney and Rosenoir - Rooney totally impassive, arms folded, Rosenoir jumping around like he had St Vitus dance. 

The number of bottles of water Rosenoir quaffed was quite incredible too, maybe he's still hungover from his night out last weekend. 

Animated and jumping around like a loon at drinking lots of water.

One word.

Ecstasy.

Did he hug anybody?

No idea about Rosenior's abilities but I remember a thread about Jody Morris being rated the second coming of Steve McLaren (as in Jim Smith era) and this seemed to be based on very little other than having won a couple of games previously. I didn't buy that and I don't buy this about Rosenoir.

It's hard enough for fans to figure out whether the manager is any good, never mind an assistant. 

9 hours ago, angieram said:

Did we spend this much time speculating about Paul Simpson's worth? Jody Morris's? 

No.

Management teams are just that. Teams. There will be assigned roles that should bring out the best skills from each member. There will be one boss. The strength of the team lies in how the boss manages the team to support the objective. We'll see how that goes as the season progresses.

Sam Longson questioned Peter Taylor's role ?‍♂️