Rosenior

belperram9

10 hours ago, angieram said:

Did we spend this much time speculating about Paul Simpson's worth? Jody Morris's? 

No.

Management teams are just that. Teams. There will be assigned roles that should bring out the best skills from each member. There will be one boss. The strength of the team lies in how the boss manages the team to support the objective. We'll see how that goes as the season progresses.

Clough and Taylor even more perfect example. 

36 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Sam Longson questioned Peter Taylor's role ?‍♂️

Yes, but what exactly was Peter's role? Was he actually any good? Was he calm and collected on the touch line, or was he like cat on a hot tin roof? I guess we'll never know if it was down to him or God.

Well apart from they were both poor on their own ??‍♂️

1 hour ago, minesahartington said:

I would have liked to see a bit more variety with Roos. Has a good ball in him but continuously played it to Fozzy. Occasionally it should be to CKR who will normally win the header or hold it up for runners. Two one dimensional Saturday and wasted his strengths

He played it up to CKR a few times, but CKR was very well marshalled by their big centre half and was having no joy, whereas Fozzy was.

Given there was no outlet down the right I thought Roos did well with distribution, apart from after one free kick late on where he could have thrown the ball out quickly to get a counter attack going. He opted to settle the team down a bit instead of risking the ball coming straight back at him, which made sense given we'd been under constant pressure for about twenty minutes at the time.

On 07/08/2021 at 23:03, i-Ram said:

Rooney’s idea to calm Rosenior down was to give him still water.

First up, please excuse me but my spell check has started spelling one word every sentence the gnorw way round. Anyway, back to eht post. Wouldn't that be a bit evian?

Yrros again.

On 08/08/2021 at 22:02, G-Ram said:

I never understand the manager isnt shouting so doesn't care or doesn't know what he us doing.

People are mistaking quietness for incompetence & loudness for efficiency.

The quiet manager might be the deep thinker, self-aware & rational decision-makers.

Each coach/ manager is different & should be judged by their impact, not their volume

Very well sad.

Shining example would be Arsene Wenger.  He wasn't a screamer on the sidelines. Arsenal's greatest ever manager. Turned Tony Adams life around, got a few more quality years out of his career. Changed the diets of the footballers, stopped the binge drinking, new training methods. He modernised football.

Figure out how to maximise the squad potential, shouting doesn't always work.

• 2 weeks later...
On 09/08/2021 at 18:08, richinspain said:

Yes, but what exactly was Peter's role? Was he actually any good? Was he calm and collected on the touch line, or was he like cat on a hot tin roof? I guess we'll never know if it was down to him or God.

Well apart from they were both poor on their own ??‍♂️

Taylor scouted the incoming  players, I think 

• 1 month later...

Just listened to Liam’s press conference and mightily impressed by the passion, enthusiasm and commitment for the club that he exudes - and I believe it’s genuine.  One of the reasons for the togetherness and fighting spirit that we are showing at the moment is the motivation and belief that both Wayne and Liam command……… players will walk through walls for them I’m sure and I feel this is showing on the pitch.