The latest from the club via Chris Coles

Heisenberg

16 minutes ago, curb said:

So we’re absolutely none the wiser while those invited feel like smug little itks

this is typical of the poo show that is DCFC atm.

FFS. Have you not seen the message from @David saying he'll type something up in the morning?

Rather than this being typical of the poo show that is DCFC at the moment, your post is typical of those that feel the need to have a pop rather than wait to see what is shared. I suggest you be patient, go to bed and then respond appropriately when David has had a chance to share what he can.

Logic states that it’s neither wholly good or bad, hence why Dave can’t just come out and say ‘yeah, it was great - cover it all tomorrow’. 

The club is in a poo position, the HMRC not getting paid proves that, so just relax and wait for the details. Pick through the bones when it comes out. We’ll find out tomorrow and be able to do exactly the same if we found out this second - absolutely nothing unless you’re sat on a couple hundred million. 

A few of the others may shed more light on the situation tonight. 

3 minutes ago, RAM1966 said:

Spot on comment, this closed shop forum tonight shows just what a complete shambles it all is, Mel hasn't got the b*lls to face the fans, instead he's called in people that he 'thinks' he may have a chance of controlling what they will report back. 

I think its about time some on here took their rose tinted spectacles off and realised that Mel has made a right mess of the club and that the 2019 accounts are not going to be great reading and as for the 2020, coronavirus is just going to compound things further.  

You obviously think highly of David then? 

Why not wait to see what he says before voicing you opinion? 

5 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

You have no 'right' to know whether the news is good or bad.

Oh my!! What does it have to do with you how I think. 
I feel I have a right to know as it’s 2 days until the start of the season and we don’t know if we can fill a team. 

And you have no right to tell me I don’t have a right. It’s nothing to do with you how I feel.. 

1 minute ago, Tamworthram said:

You obviously think highly of David then? 

Why not wait to see what he says before voicing you opinion? 

I didn't say he could control David, I just said the club thinks it has a better chance by having a closed shop of controlling people.  I rarely post on here as you can see from my post count, a 3rd of the posts I've made have been made tonight.

I don't know David so how could I have an opinion one way or another, so I think your comments are unfair and totally unwarranted....  So calm down, I wasn't having a pop at him!!!!!!!

If anyone gives @david grief over tonight they're a moron. (Deliberately not tagged to give him a rest).

The fella has gone above and beyond his duty, after all he's just the owner of the most popular DCFC forum, not a spokesperson for the fans.

It would have been so easy to either send someone else, or decline the invitation outright, and no one would have called him for that, in fact I'd guess some people would praise him for a principled action, and not being cowed by a NDA.

Instead he's put himself out, travelled a decent distance, by crappy public transport, and attended what was probably not a particularly pleasant meeting so he can report back to us whatever he's found out, yet he still gets knocked.

Tbh, if I were him, I'd switch the forum off once I got home and let everyone stew.

4 minutes ago, WestLondonRam said:

Oh my!! What does it have to do with you how I think. 
I feel I have a right to know as it’s 2 days until the start of the season and we don’t know if we can fill a team. 

And you have no right to tell me I don’t have a right. It’s nothing to do with you how I feel.. 

Feel whatever makes you happy but it's a bit hypocritical - you claiming your right to know things then telling me I have no right to voice my opinion on your comments.

Edited by Wolfie20

1 minute ago, RAM1966 said:

I didn't say he could control David, I just said the club thinks it has a better chance by having a closed shop of controlling people.  I rarely post on here as you can see from my post count, a 3rd of the posts I've made have been made tonight.

I don't know David so how could I have an opinion one way or another, so I think your comments are unfair and totally unwarranted....  So calm down, I wasn't having a pop at him!!!!!!!

Could you let me know when you’re likely to go back to your normal modus operandi - asking for a friend (probably more than one in reality)…..

6 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

FFS. Have you not seen the message from @David saying he'll type something up in the morning?

Rather than this being typical of the poo show that is DCFC at the moment, your post is typical of those that feel the need to have a pop rather than wait to see what is shared. I suggest you be patient, go to bed and then respond appropriately when David has had a chance to share what he can.

It’s not just David I’m having a go at, but there’s nothing coming out so far, normally at these events someone would be doing a running commentary, but tonight there’s nothing. Not everyone at the meeting tonight has no access to the internet. I guess we can wait wait another day for info, we’ve waited 18 months after all. But I’m not holding out much hope after what seems like an information blackout again.

31 minutes ago, Topram said:

Can no one just put if it was positive or not? Like rubbing it in we all know but won’t tell you others till tomorrow …

The fact that no one is saying anything, in my opinion, suggests there isnt anything good to say.

If we were on the verge of a takeover or things were going to be ok people would be scrambling to be the first to break the news.

I expect the meeting was just a lot of lip service without much substance.

Just now, Rev said:

If anyone gives @david grief over tonight they're a moron. (Deliberately not tagged to give him a rest).

The fella has gone above and beyond his duty, after all he's just the owner of the most popular DCFC forum, not a spokesperson for the fans.

It would have been so easy to either send someone else, or decline the invitation outright, and no one would have called him for that, in fact I'd guess some people would praise him for a principled action, and not being cowed by a NDA.

Instead he's put himself out, travelled a decent distance, by crappy public transport, and attended what was probably not a particularly pleasant meeting so he can report back to us whatever he's found out, yet he still gets knocked.

Tbh, if I were him, I'd switch the forum off once I got home and let everyone stew.

He's getting absolutely dragged on Twitter.

The sense of entitlement from some of our fans, towards a bloke who owes them absolutely nothing, is astounding.

Just now, Scott129 said:

The sense of entitlement from some of our fans, towards a bloke who owes them absolutely nothing, is astounding.

I'm so glad I'm not on Twitter! 

People seem to forget there's a real person at the end of their jibes.

2 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

The fact that no one is saying anything, in my opinion, suggests there isnt anything good to say.

If we were on the verge of a takeover or things were going to be ok people would be scrambling to be the first to break the news.

I expect the meeting was just a lot of lip service without much substance. 

Unfortunately I think you're probably right

1 minute ago, Scott129 said:

It's ridiculous,david has clearly stated on there he's traveling home with poor signal and would get something up in the morning after he's travelled most of the blooded day! Fair play to him

Some of our clubs fans really are absolute morons at times

3 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Feel whatever makes you happy but it's a bit hypocritical - you claiming your right to know things then telling me I have no right to voice my opinion on your comments.

No I said you have no right to tell me how to feel. If someone’s angry and annoyed they have a perfectly rational point to make then so be it. 
if I was David I wouldn’t of said anything until the morning as I would of liked to read my notes and make rational decisions also. 
I’m angry at the mess abs then to try and keep it from the wider fan base to save face is diabolical. We as Fans deserve to know what position we will be in come the start of the season.