The latest from the club via Chris Coles

Heisenberg

What a complete state of a club we have become ...just read through the 12 pages on this thread....I just do not get how anyone can possibly have sympathy with Mr Morris when we are in such a shocking mess......debts to the HMRC are     in-excuseable !!! 

Good loyal fans on here wanting answers about a club they love yet the owner will no doubt only answer questions he's comfortable with with well rehearsed answers yet we owe millions to the HMRC........

When just when we will get back to talking about the game we grew up as kids loving instead of finances and aspects of running a business that many of us will know nothing about.......I think its a total disgrace how it has come to this .......I would rather have the yanks back .........than someone who cannot genuinely face us like one of us and just be honest....I think we have all had enough of this and I'll be honest it has affected my sleep as I'm so worried this club is in deep deep trouble and much more than we can imagine as Collymore alluded to .....

I wish folk would stop whining about who goes to the Supporters Charter Group.

It is impossible for the club to have an open forum with the entire fanbase. Therefore they approach groups that can represent as many fans as possible. That is why the likes of the Supporters Club, this forum, Punjabi Rams, RamsTrust are invited. It is up to those organisations which individuals go to represent them.

To give transparency, the 1884 Group was invited in the past, and between us we attended. We aren't invited anymore as we aren't active anymore, makes perfect sense.

It's not always a friendly, happy meeting, it can sometimes be awkward and a little tense. The idea that people who go are too intimidated or self interested to ask anything is, quite frankly, insulting and pathetic.

I hope the club aren't asking attendees to sign an NDA on the whole meeting, otherwise its pointless. However, if they are prepared to share details that are under NDA but can still allow attendees to give confiden e to their members, fair enough.

So ….. today’s the day 

signings ?

something out of the club?

something front Mel ?

I’m as nervous about today I really am 

today and Thursday are pretty pivotal moments in the history of Derby county imo 

going to go get a Costa to help sooth and settle the nerves lol

Edited by NottsRam77

18 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

So ….. today’s the day 

signings ?

something front Mel ?

today and Thursday are pretty pivotal moments in the history of Derby county imo 

Well, isn't best case scenario we resign Curtis Davies and maybe 45 year old Jagielka and possibly Morrison?

Excuse me if that doesn't keep me up all night! 

8 hours ago, RAM1966 said:

My original post seems to have been deleted, which I think tells us all we need to know about what questions will be allowed to be asked or answered by DCFC.  I wonder why there has been so many negative posts about the club deleted, we already know that the Derby Telegraph are on the naughty step.............   

Wait until the accounts are all published, I believe that the fans will be up in arms when you realise just how much debt we are actually in.  Lets face it failing to pay the HMRC and the players on time is hardly a resounding vote of confidence as to the state of the clubs finances.  I'll happily have a £100 charity bet loser pays if we are in a better financial state (Debts) than when Mel took over. 

Mel Morris who once courted the media has been conspicuous by his absence since it has all; gone wrong!

I'd like to know why was my post deleted, are we too frightened to ask the difficult questions or has a certain moderator been told that certain questions can not be asked therefore deleting them?  My post was made in all seriousness and I'd happily meet Mel and calmly ask him lots of questions, the trouble is, I very mush doubt Mel would like to answer questions about recklessly stewardship of our club, which includes selling our biggest asset the stadium...

You asked multiple questions in one post. How does David count up the votes when there's 5 questions in one? 

8 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

Sometimes it does. Sometimes it doesn’t. The documents filed in this case are clearly written so as to disclose as little as possible. But there have been various reports on the amount of the MSD debt, we know the details of the stadium sale and the cross guarantee structure is a matter of public record (the charges register). And if you look at other threads there are some pretty detailed estimates of what the club losses have been since the stadium sale. So it’s not that hard to work out what the club’s balance sheet probably looks like. 
Suggestions that the club has net debt of 50m despite having sold the stadium don’t seem right at all. But as you and others are suggesting, we won’t know the position for sure until accounts are filed 

The charges register at Companies House never reveals level of debt. See form you submit.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/933654/MR01_v2.1__2_.pdf

59 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Well, isn't best case scenario we resign Curtis Davies and maybe 45 year old Jagielka and possibly Morrison?

Excuse me if that doesn't keep me up all night! 

But ironically the Rooney signing kept us all up at night with excitement…….. and he was crap followed by the CKR signing which didn’t keep us up at night and he made a massive impact.

Lets keep an open mind…….

1 hour ago, TomBustler1884 said:

I wish folk would stop whining about who goes to the Supporters Charter Group.

It is impossible for the club to have an open forum with the entire fanbase. Therefore they approach groups that can represent as many fans as possible. That is why the likes of the Supporters Club, this forum, Punjabi Rams, RamsTrust are invited. It is up to those organisations which individuals go to represent them.

To give transparency, the 1884 Group was invited in the past, and between us we attended. We aren't invited anymore as we aren't active anymore, makes perfect sense.

It's not always a friendly, happy meeting, it can sometimes be awkward and a little tense. The idea that people who go are too intimidated or self interested to ask anything is, quite frankly, insulting and pathetic.

I hope the club aren't asking attendees to sign an NDA on the whole meeting, otherwise its pointless. However, if they are prepared to share details that are under NDA but can still allow attendees to give confiden e to their members, fair enough.

Why is it impossible?

Its not impossible for Mel to sit down with RamsTV, Radio Derby and be asked questions that supporters what answers for.

Or for the meeting with supporters tonight to be filmed and put on RamsTV for us all to watch. 

We've done it many times. I remember the one at the cinema, there's been one at Pride Park. 

There's literally no excuse for us not to be able, to at the very least, watch the forum on RamsTV.

To pick and choose who goes and not at least give access to all the fans to watch either live or after the meeting is over is disgusting.

Plus it does seem that groups like the Punjabi Rams have been asked to sign NDAs.

Screenshot_20210804_081303.thumb.jpg.9b9ab619fc982ff0e5f7ac2df6ed1e53.jpg

5 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Why is it impossible?

Its not impossible for Mel to sit down with RamsTV, Radio Derby and be asked questions that supporters what answers for.

Or for the meeting with supporters tonight to be filmed and put on RamsTV for us all to watch. 

We've done it many times. I remember the one at the cinema, there's been one at Pride Park. 

There's literally no excuse for us not to be able, to at the very least, watch the forum on RamsTV.

To pick and choose who goes and not at least give access to all the fans to watch either live or after the meeting is over is disgusting.

Plus it does seem that groups like the Punjabi Rams have been asked to sign NDAs.

I’m struggling to see what the point of the meeting is if any information from the meeting can’t be shared! The groups invited should refuse to go if they have to sign an NDA

10 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

The charges register at Companies House never reveals level of debt. See form you submit.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/933654/MR01_v2.1__2_.pdf

This isn’t right. you also have to file the instrument creating the charge which in turn refers to all the debt documents - it is often clear from these how much is lent and what was the interest rate.  If you look carefully at the charges registers of the club and of Mel’s Gellaw companies, it’s clear the filings were made very carefully, and in a way that does not reveal the loan amounts 

1 hour ago, NottsRam77 said:

So ….. today’s the day 

signings ?

something front Mel ?

Careful buddy. It strikes me that you’re building yourself up only to be disappointed.

Just relax and wait to see what, if very much at all, is announced. I’m not expecting too much to come from the supporters group meeting other than vague hints. Isn’t it subject to NDA’s?

As you said yourself, it’s the hope that kills us. Best to expect little and be pleasantly surprised.

15 minutes ago, Topram said:

Yeah but we won’t hear much as they’ve had to sign an NDA

My understanding was that our illustrious forum leader said that they're under an agreement not to share the content of the meeting until after it's also been shared on the website - So it will be published and he'll be able to tell us if all the information released by the club is as much as was discussed in the meeting

Regardless of that if @David says he's happy with the answers given in the meeting then so am I - I think we have pretty decent and level-headed moderators around here - Open to information from the club/Morris but cynical enough to take it with a pinch of salt - But I appreciate not everyone on here is going to take that line

11 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Why is it impossible?

One would hope this forum would have done the same and challenged the NDA.

Interesting point raised by Andy on Twitter to.

Screenshot_20210804-083325_Twitter.jpg

15 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Why is it impossible?

It’s just dividing the fan base some get to go others don’t and stay in the dark about it all. What’s the point in having one 

10 minutes ago, Footymum2017 said:

I’m struggling to see what the point of the meeting is if any information from the meeting can’t be shared! The groups invited should refuse to go if they have to sign an NDA

I can’t see much point in refusing to go. It’s not as if Mel has to hold the meeting - he’d just cancel it.

I’m hoping for some positive answers to those attending even if they can’t share the details.  If @David is able to say something like “I asked a question about xxxxx, and whilst I can’t share the answer, the response was candid and positive - expect developments shortly (or there are one or two sticking points but these should be resolved in the next few days)”, whilst frustrating, I’d take some comfort.

Perhaps we need to remember that some negotiations may be at a delicate stage and therefore cannot be shared or the club may have agreed with a third party (e.g. the EFL) not to go public until matters had been resolved. 

Edited by Tamworthram