The latest from the club via Chris Coles

Heisenberg

11 minutes ago, David said:

Yeah it’s not great and couldn’t have come at a worse time, but then I look at it as, I don’t know what happened, wasn’t there, will never know and what exactly did he do wrong where I would deserve an apology from him?

Have I ever fell asleep and have a woman film herself farting in my face? Not that I know of, but then with my missus I wouldn’t put it past her. I have been that drunk I’ve sat on the edge of the bed and urinated up the bedroom wall only a few weeks into my relationship with my now fiancé.

If there was a video of me doing that, wouldn’t be in the papers, if Rooney did it you would have a front page story again where fans would be saying, why is he getting that drunk when Derby are in a mess, sack him.

It’s not a 24/7 job, he’s allowed downtime and if he chooses to get hammered even if it’s after a game and fall asleep, get farted on, he should be allowed to do that without the footage being spread all over social media.

Those women are ugh.

Christ yes,we all have and will continue to duck up,after all we are human.

But...he's the manager of a club that's mired in bad press already,the boss and mentor to easily influenced young lads who need leadership and to be set a good example.

How can Rooney expect to discipline or baalock his staff if he continues to misbehave himself,why should they respect him on such matters?

And it's not the first time in fact not the worst thing he's ever done,far from it but we should really expect more from a gaffer shouldn't we?...

We should be proud of our manager.

Edited by kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong

10 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Christ yes,we all have and will continue to duck up,after all we are human.

But...he's the manager of a club that's mired in bad press already,the boss and mentor to easily influenced young lads who need leadership and to be set a good example.

How can Rooney expect to discipline or baalock his staff if he continues to misbehave himself,why should they respect him on such matters?

And it's not the first time in fact not the worst thing he's ever done,far from it but we should really expect more from a gaffer shouldn't we?...

We should be proud of our manager.

Footballers do stupid things themselves, do they stop passing to each other? I mean Lawrence for what he did has now been made captain, their leader! 
I don’t see this incident effecting how the players respond to him on the training ground.

If anything they probably had a laugh about it behind his back.

Would you respond any differently to your boss at work if you found out he went into a hotel room and fell asleep drunk then got farted on?

If he had to discipline you for something would you say, you can talk.

Rooney is a player that has played right at the top of the game, you would hope all our players would have ambition to do that despite being unrealistic.

I would imagine they will want to drain him of his knowledge of the game, listen to what he says and respect him.

Not who he sleeps with behind Coleen’s back or gets farted on.

4 minutes ago, David said:

Footballers do stupid things themselves, do they stop passing to each other? I mean Lawrence for what he did has now been made captain, their leader! 
I don’t see this incident effecting how the players respond to him on the training ground.

If anything they probably had a laugh about it behind his back.

Would you respond any differently to your boss at work if you found out he went into a hotel room and fell asleep drunk then got farted on?

If he had to discipline you for something would you say, you can talk.

Rooney is a player that has played right at the top of the game, you would hope all our players would have ambition to do that despite being unrealistic.

I would imagine they will want to drain him of his knowledge of the game, listen to what he says and respect him.

Not who he sleeps with behind Coleen’s back or gets farted on.

I don't agree,you need respect in any game or occupation or your role as a boss is undermined.And being a good player once only earns you so much I would imagine.,Wayne Rooney or not.

I just feel that we are making excuses for him that we shouldn't have to be,it's a shame.

Just now, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I don't agree,you need respect in any game or occupation or your role as a boss is undermined.And being a good player once only earns you so much I would imagine.,Wayne Rooney or not.

I just feel that we are making excuses for him that we shouldn't have to be,it's a shame.

So if that was your boss you wouldn’t work as hard, respect him and accept being disciplined by him, true?

It’s not making excuses for him, it’s just not judging another man to a higher standard because he so happens to be a football manager. 

Manager of Tesco or Derby County, they should be judged on the job they do, not their private life  unless it’s illegal and impacts the job they are paid to do.

If any fan doesn’t want Rooney as manager that’s fine, no problem, but use results, performances on the pitch to judge him by, don’t use this incident to strengthen the case to get rid, just no need. 

It’s chip paper now, nothing more.

The bottom line ( no pun intended) is that Wayne is a role model and ambassador for Derby County Football Club. His behaviour needs to exemplary and he is not an immature 17 year old.

Then again, the football industry has its own code of conduct, which allows players to deliberately end another professionals career or spit in the face of a teenage girl and still keep their job. You have players criticising government ministers, but happy to be coached by a known racist. The on field diving and cheating is something else, with often a complete lack of sportsmanship, even amongst the top managers.

11 minutes ago, David said:

So if that was your boss you wouldn’t work as hard, respect him and accept being disciplined by him, true?

It’s not making excuses for him, it’s just not judging another man to a higher standard because he so happens to be a football manager. 

Manager of Tesco or Derby County, they should be judged on the job they do, not their private life  unless it’s illegal and impacts the job they are paid to do.

If any fan doesn’t want Rooney as manager that’s fine, no problem, but use results, performances on the pitch to judge him by, don’t use this incident to strengthen the case to get rid, just no need. 

Personally,I wouldn't want that boss no,especially if the results were poor too....where is the upside to their leadership if it's not benefitting the club or job?

It isn't great to be in the media for Wayne's follies. But it's not like he's been accused of the things Giggs or Barton or even Gazza has.

He'll have to face his missus and 4 small boys, so maybe he'll mean his apology. But anyway if he wasn't famous it wouldn't have even made his local paper.

2 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Personally,I wouldn't want that boss no,especially if the results were poor too....where is the upside to their leadership if it's not benefitting the club or job?

Fair play, but like him or not, he’s still your manager. If you slack off at work, refuse to listen to him, it will be you that’s shown the door.

Unless you are able to talk to your colleagues and organise a mass downing of tools.

Just now, David said:

Fair play, but like him or not, he’s still your manager. If you slack off at work, refuse to listen to him, it will be you that’s shown the door.

Unless you are able to talk to your colleagues and organise a mass downing of tools.

These things tend to work themselves out amongst players....and why new manager bounces are often so pronounced.

3 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

These things tend to work themselves out amongst players....and why new manager bounces are often so pronounced.

So it’s a wait and see situation then really, we did go on to beat Betis after this incident, albeit a pre season friendly.

Early signs are that it hasn’t had any impact, would be easy to go get smashed by Betis when half the team not even knowing if they will be at the club next week.

I believe Clough Snr did some pretty stupid things after drinking. I doubt it affected the respect he got from the players. That said he earned that respect with results, and you can easily argue that WR hasn't emulated a fraction of what Clough did. 

22 minutes ago, GboroRam said:

I believe Clough Snr did some pretty stupid things after drinking. I doubt it affected the respect he got from the players. That said he earned that respect with results, and you can easily argue that WR hasn't emulated a fraction of what Clough did. 

I believe more so in his later years at Forest and, from interviews with their players, it did affect how they thought of him.

1 hour ago, David said:

Also don't agree.

If my boss did that to his missus then he would lose the respect of the whole office/team.

Clearly  you would still do your job but if the respect isn't there you wouldn't bust a gut for him would you, just do your job and eff off home.

39 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

I believe more so in his later years at Forest and, from interviews with their players, it did affect how they thought of him.

Yeah and he was a declining force as a manager by then.

The difference with Rooney is that we have done nothing on the pitch to justify giving him the same slack that Brian had in the end.

It took him years to build up that loyalty.