The latest from the club via Chris Coles

Heisenberg

22 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

What is the point of a meeting such as this if an NDA is in place.

Completely pointless if you ask me.

We as fans are the beating heart of Derby County as a whole, not as a select few. 

If indeed this is a meeting restricted by any NDAs and behind smoke and mirrors to the majority of its “Supporters” then I fear ladies and gents we are in a hole much more cavernous than we all first feared.  
I fear for our club, yet hope my instincts are incorrect… but as we all know “it’s the hope that kills ya” ?

Anyone that has had to sign an NDA knows that it's never taken as a sworn affidavit of secrecy. In this situation, I doubt Derby would even be willing to take their own fans to court over things they've said in this meeting, for example. It's just a document that is put in place that, I believe, makes people mindful of something that would be said in meeting, perhaps about the EFL and/or others, that would be inflammatory. Of course, they could just keep a lid on those types of comments and avoid a NDA but as people will be in a mood and I'd imagine a very sour mood then it's just to make sure the club are protected. 

Everyone knows this meeting is taking place and everyone knows the meeting minutes will be available in the near future. I wouldn't build the NDA up to be something more than it is. 

Just now, Ghost of Clough said:

I think we need a banner at the top of the page saying this

g help GIF

Ha maybe!

In fairness though, I do understand where those that are angry are coming from.

When I received the email, I questioned it immediately, looked for assurances, took me by surprise.

I asked was it not possible for the meeting to take place without the NDA, and only share information that could be shared.

I was given assurances that this would be like any other meeting. It’s just the paperwork side which as I say, protects us and themselves and might not even be called into use.

So I signed it and returned. Not entirely comfortably as I knew if this got out we would see the reaction we are seeing now. 

Shortly after it did, leaked on to Twitter which I am hugely disappointed by as it didn’t give us as a group the opportunity to question it further prior to the meeting tonight.

It’s been difficult the past 24hrs as I have been contacted several times, I’ve been careful not to confirm or deny until a conversation had taken place with the club tonight.

Feels like I may have lied, however everything I have said is true in that I have been given assurances this will be like another meeting we have been part of several times before now.

I do get it though, every Derby fan would love to be in that room tonight, I am very fortunate to be invited due to this forum. 

It’s good to see calm and understanding heads, I just want us all to be given a chance as scrapping the meeting over this which could potentially happen if all fan groups put pressure on their reps, helps nobody.

9 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

However I think the NDA should be challenged by every representative as I truly believe every Derby fan has as much right to the detail as the next.

Maybe they have. I have told you all I have challenged this, I requested the meeting took place without and I know Punjabi Rams have gone public on Twitter to say they have.

Not all groups have an online presence, but we may find out all have challenged it privately and will do further tonight, how I feel it should have been done before causing widespread anger through the fanbase.

54 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Don’t be ridiculous. There are clearly some sensitive subjects that will be discussed at the meeting. I don’t see it as an insult, evidence of contempt or loss of credibility but rather Mel recognising the concern and unease amongst the fans and wants to try to give some comfort. If the best way to do this is to hold such a meeting and then allowing those in attendance to at least report back on how they’re feeling now having heard responses that wouldn’t normally be given - so be it.

Assuming Mel doesn’t want to/isn’t allowed to share the answers more widely, what would you prefer? The meeting to be cancelled? Any sensitive questions to be off limits?

This is a place is express opinions, the fact you find mine ridiculous is of no concern to me.  I don’t believe that @David would expect us to be content with a don’t worry lads feedback.  It’s not that there is a trust problem, it is not something he would be happy to do IMO

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

In what way a misrepresentation, I saw the tweet but don't know the background then?

The regulations specifically set out how fans are to be represented at these forums - It doesn't say EVERY fan needs to be invited but that fans should be represented - Which is exactly what's happening 

He's choosing to ignore that in his quest to prove how underhanded the club are being 

I've been party to several NDAs, indeed am under one currently at work.  I get all the cries of consternation but I have no doubt the detail of the meeting will be available very shortly afterward.  I suspect that, due to the nature of the questions to be raised, and the delicate position we're clearly in with the EFL, HMRC and prospective buyer (who may have requested this as part of their own NDA), DCFC want, and need, to protect themselves whilst trying to (finally) have some form of communication with fans.

Whilst perhaps, at face value it's disappointing for us fans, it's a pretty common practise.  

@david thanks for representing us and good luck. 

4 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

The regulations specifically set out how fans are to be represented at these forums - It doesn't say EVERY fan needs to be invited but that fans should be represented - Which is exactly what's happening 

He's choosing to ignore that in his quest to prove how underhanded the club are being 

True. I ignored that bit as no matter what is done some people always say it's not enough or want more.

50 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

I saw Mel in the chip shop and he told be everything I needed to know 

He proceeded to buy a battered sausage and chips for £55, and agreed a rolling one year contract with the owner to be his exclusive supplier of battered sausage in the future. He was subsequently seen two minutes later throwing the meal in the bin, and muttering something about Sam Rush. 

10 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Andy: ALL supporters should be allowed to attend

118.1: supporters are to be invited, AND
118.1.2: where meetings are not open to ALL supporters, representations must be elected

He’s not the sharpest tool in the box

38 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Andy: ALL supporters should be allowed to attend

118.1: supporters are to be invited, AND
118.1.2: where meetings are not open to ALL supporters, representations must be elected

Stop it!

Steve Gibson reads this forum you know!!

3 hours ago, i-Ram said:

The charges register at Companies House never reveals level of debt. See form you submit.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/933654/MR01_v2.1__2_.pdf

It would only show the security that's been put up against loans. 

If we do owe someone like hmrc a fat load of dosh, then there would not be a charge showing as that is not a secured debt.