The latest from the club via Chris Coles

Heisenberg

40 minutes ago, ilkleyram said:

Jim Wheeler from the Rams Trust who was singularly underwhelming and is obviously unable to read.  His point was that, as a season ticket holder from last year (20/21) he didn't know from the club how or whether he would be able to get tickets to go to matches because the club hadn't told him.

You can argue whether it is the correct decision or not but you only have to read the club's statement to understand how you can get a ticket for the matches and which order they are going to be sold in.  The fact it is being done online and tickets printed at home means that they can concertina the process into a much shorter timescale

You obviously are unable to listen. The point is that they have told 20/21 ST holders that they will get their free ST for this year, and that their current cards will not work. Yet there is no sign of a new ST card being sent out yet, a week and a half away from the game.

As things stand, no fans will be able to actually get through a turnstile

7 minutes ago, Tombo said:

You obviously are unable to listen. The point is that they have told 20/21 ST holders that they will get their free ST for this year, and that their current cards will not work. Yet there is no sign of a new ST card being sent out yet, a week and a half away from the game.

Of course they will.....they do not need their cards, they need their home printed match ticket, which if they are a 20/21 ST holder, they will get for free.

8 minutes ago, Tombo said:

And you're obviously unable to read!

From the Club's update on 16th July.

The club is unable to reactivate existing season tickets cards as the chips within them have expired.

* As long as there remains to be no social distancing rules in place, match ticket events will be treated much like a ‘cup fixture’; the club would hold seats for 2020/21 & 2019/20 Season Ticket holders during a priority window of booking to enable them to claim their seats.

* Should social distancing rules return, the club will, if permitted to, adapt the pairs and single seating plan and buying process.

* For future online sales, the club will revert to supplying a reservation link that Season Ticket holders will be able to use that will direct them to book/purchase their usual seat.

25 minutes ago, tinman said:

If its restricted numbers then they probably won’t open all areas so some people won’t be able to print tickets for their usual seats. 

There are no restrictions hence every other club in the league selling season tickets 

45 minutes ago, Tombo said:

If you read what @Tomboand @tinman have written and if Jim Wheeler were to do the same, then perhaps you might both be the wiser. The club have clearly said why our old STs don’t work, that they are not issuing new or replacement ones until the situation is clearer and what the system is for getting tickets for the matches.  No doubt they’ll tell us soon enough when we can order tickets for the Huddersfield match and the bar code on the tickets will allow us through the turnstiles in the normal way.

2 hours ago, Ramos said:

On the face of it, it does seem so odd that a club that needs money wouldn’t be trying to sell as many season tickets as possible. However as I mentioned on another thread, my two mates who are accountants believe it genuinely is being done so the club has a much clearer understanding game by game of our cash flow. Ie we sell 20,000 season tickets and then come October it’s lockdowns, reduced capacity or empty stadiums and then they have another whole load of admin to do and forecasting to understand what money is and isn’t available cash to the club. They did say I’m sure in the original announcement they will continue to monitor and introduce half season tickets I think pending how the situation pans out. I just think it’s a very cautious strategy and if they can still attract essentially a similar level of attendance as selling season tickets on a game by game basis then it will have paid off (obvs for example if I’d been able to buy my season ticket they would have my money for the Huddersfield and boro games which I can’t actually attend so that’s where they may lose out, although someone is going in my place, but that won’t be the case for everyone) - if stadiums do have to reduce again. Hopefully come October they will be selling second half of the season half season tickets and it will all worked out fine. 

There might also be another area of concern for the club - they may be concerned about the number of stewards they can get hold of and which they will need to meet their health and safety obligations. That could limit the seats or stands they could open or the overall number of people they can admit.  Hopefully it won’t be a problem in two weeks time but it might have been a genuine area of concern several weeks ago when they actually made the decision about season tickets. 

17 minutes ago, ilkleyram said:

If you read what @Tomboand @tinman have written and if Jim Wheeler were to do the same, then perhaps you might both be the wiser. The club have clearly said why our old STs don’t work, that they are not issuing new or replacement ones until the situation is clearer and what the system is for getting tickets for the matches.  No doubt they’ll tell us soon enough when we can order tickets for the Huddersfield match and the bar code on the tickets will allow us through the turnstiles in the normal way.

Apologies @Eatonram I meant you, not Tombo who I was replying to.

5 hours ago, Raich Carter said:

Mate, ya can't use terms like 'open and fair' and then in the same paragraph use terms like '********', 'want him challenged', 'bumbling', etc - that's not open and fair. To be open and fair requires both sides to be open minded and listen to what the other has to say. Would you respond well to being challenged as you suggest Mel should be? I imagine not so why should he. This needs to be a sensible discussion so we understand what's gone on, what the latest is, etc. I'm not defending him, etc - just saying that you can't have it all ways.

Fair point but you can be open and fair if someone is clearly blagging.. Would you not say, excuse me but that is not making sense? It does not have shouting match but obviously ******** needs calling out. Morris is that master at BS.

It clearly states in the DCFC press release regarding ST’s that 20/21 ticket holders will book each game via the website then do print at home and use that to get through the turnstile. Any 19/20 ticket holders who didn’t renew can claim a discount per game. Plus the situation will be reviewed 

2 hours ago, ilkleyram said:

No doubt they’ll tell us soon enough when we can order tickets for the Huddersfield match and the bar code on the tickets will allow us through the turnstiles in the normal way.

How you can say "no doubt" with anything at DCFC right now is beyond me.

I have read that. I'm sure Jim has read that. Why is the situation crystal clear for every other club in the league except us?

21 minutes ago, Tombo said:

How you can say "no doubt" with anything at DCFC right now is beyond me.

I have read that. I'm sure Jim has read that. Why is the situation crystal clear for every other club in the league except us?

You appear to be making an argument just to do DCFC down @Tombo

If you want to debate the wisdom of Derby not issuing STs as other clubs have done then fair enough.  They've explained their reasons and you apparently don't agree with them. What you have to do to go to a match at Pride Park is crystal clear.  As they've come to that decision against what might be their best financial interests (in the sense that they would be gaining short term income) that would give me confidence that Mel intends to continue to support the club financially - and Chris Coles confirms that.  How long that can go on and to what degree may be questions that the supporters charter group might want to ask him next week, though if I were him I wouldn't give any definite date because it then becomes a hostage to fortune to us fans and potential buyers.

But, both you and Jim Wheeler made a very different statement.  You both said (Wheeler on Radio Derby last night, you in your post above) 'As things stand, no fans will be able to actually get through a turnstile'.  That's patent nonsense.  How did thousands of people get through the turnstiles at the Man U game?

And the reason why I have 'no doubt' is because the club have operated a print at home/purchase online ticket system for many years now and it works very well.  There's no reason why it shouldn't work well again at the Huddersfield match as well as at the Real Betis game.  I also believe that the club will want all the income they can get from the Huddersfield match so they will get the information about how to buy tickets out when they're ready to do so, I would imagine fairly soon.

2 hours ago, ilkleyram said:

There might also be another area of concern for the club - they may be concerned about the number of stewards they can get hold of and which they will need to meet their health and safety obligations. That could limit the seats or stands they could open or the overall number of people they can admit.  Hopefully it won’t be a problem in two weeks time but it might have been a genuine area of concern several weeks ago when they actually made the decision about season tickets. 

Yeah I’m sure there’s a whole host of logistical and operational considerations. I guess maybe on this occasion the club has made a very smart decision? Will be interesting to see if any of the games across the leagues over the first few game weeks do indeed get impacted by things like a lack of stewards etc and get called off. 

Edited by Ramos

2 minutes ago, islandram said:

im sure if you were not hiding behind a keyboard and doing his job. he may reply what he thinks of you perhaps he would not like you as a person. 

As a person I wouldn’t be going out cheating on my wife on numerous occasions. So that is perhaps why I don’t like him as a person. That’s a decent enough reason 

4 minutes ago, BuckoBeast said:

As a person I wouldn’t be going out cheating on my wife on numerous occasions. So that is perhaps why I don’t like him as a person. That’s a decent enough reason 

I have a mate that cheated on his missus several times. I don’t agree with it, told him that.

But he’s still a mate, I like him. 

I would imagine we have players in our squad now that have also cheated but it’s been kept off the front pages as they are not as high profile as England’s all time top goalscorer.

We can all like and dislike who we like and for whatever reason which begs the question why I even felt the need to write all this, I’ll still post it though on the off chance a player or Rooney reads this.

Crack on with your own personal life, as long as it doesn’t effect your job at Derby you get handsomely paid for, I’m not really bothered. 

It’s not great seeing you on the front pages of the tabloids, but I never read them anyway, waste of trees.

I’m no angel that hasn’t done anything that would go against another’s morals so who am I to pass judgement on what you do.

5 minutes ago, David said:

I have a mate that cheated on his missus several times. I don’t agree with it, told him that.

But he’s still a mate, I like him. 

I would imagine we have players in our squad now that have also cheated but it’s been kept off the front pages as they are not as high profile as England’s all time top goalscorer.

We can all like and dislike who we like and for whatever reason which begs the question why I even felt the need to write all this, I’ll still post it though on the off chance a player or Rooney reads this.

Crack on with your own personal life, as long as it doesn’t effect your job at Derby you get handsomely paid for, I’m not really bothered. 

It’s not great seeing you on the front pages of the tabloids, but I never read them anyway, waste of trees.

I’m no angel that hasn’t done anything that would go against another’s morals so who am I to pass judgement on what you do.

All of which is true mate absolutely but the negative publicity that the club recieved as a result of this was particularly unwelcome,it's not as though we haven't got enough shizzle for the rags to feast on in the first place.

We could all do with a rest from it to concentrate on the football for once.

3 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

All of which is true mate absolutely but the negative publicity that the club recieved as a result of this was particularly unwelcome,it's not as though we haven't got enough shizzle for the rags to feast on in the first place.

We could all do with a rest from it to concentrate on the football for once.

Yeah it’s not great and couldn’t have come at a worse time, but then I look at it as, I don’t know what happened, wasn’t there, will never know and what exactly did he do wrong where I would deserve an apology from him?

Have I ever fell asleep and have a woman film herself farting in my face? Not that I know of, but then with my missus I wouldn’t put it past her. I have been that drunk I’ve sat on the edge of the bed and urinated up the bedroom wall only a few weeks into my relationship with my now fiancé.

If there was a video of me doing that, wouldn’t be in the papers, if Rooney did it you would have a front page story again where fans would be saying, why is he getting that drunk when Derby are in a mess, sack him.

It’s not a 24/7 job, he’s allowed downtime and if he chooses to get hammered even if it’s after a game and fall asleep, get farted on, he should be allowed to do that without the footage being spread all over social media.

Those women are ugh.