The latest from the club via Chris Coles

Heisenberg

If an NDA is involved it must be serious stuff and I’d say unprecedented
 —————

A non-disclosure agreement is a legally binding contract that establishes a confidential relationship. The party or parties signing the agreement agree that sensitive information they may obtain will not be made available to any others. An NDA may also be referred to as a confidentiality agreement.

Edited by Curtains

7 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Why is it impossible?

Its not impossible for Mel to sit down with RamsTV, Radio Derby and be asked questions that supporters what answers for.

Or for the meeting with supporters tonight to be filmed and put on RamsTV for us all to watch. 

We've done it many times. I remember the one at the cinema, there's been one at Pride Park. 

There's literally no excuse for us not to be able, to at the very least, watch the forum on RamsTV.

To pick and choose who goes and not at least give access to all the fans to watch either live or after the meeting is over is disgusting.

Plus it does seem that groups like the Punjabi Rams have been asked to sign NDAs.

Screenshot_20210804_081303.thumb.jpg.9b9ab619fc982ff0e5f7ac2df6ed1e53.jpg

I totally agree. Quite happy to film the forums during the good times but you have to be open and honest with the supporters during the rough times as well.

I was at the one in the cinema when Lampard had taken over and remember Mel and Pearce saying that we wouldn’t fail FFP and being self congratulatory about beating Villa to the £3.5 million signing of Malone. How times have changed. We can’t even afford someone to work in a ticket office anymore. That alone should be cause for concern enough for local press to be asking and demanding answers. 

I hope tonight gives all supporters answers to the massive range of questions that need answering because we are seemingly in a mess comparable to 1984, and I know how very close we were to losing the club then. People are worried and concerned about something which is engrained into their soul and heart and no one should be vilified or questioned for wanting answers to these genuine concerns.

Let’s hope we get them and sign a couple of aging centre halves, failed midfielder and centre forward who doesn’t score to raise morale! 

1 minute ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

I totally agree. Quite happy to film the forums during the good times but you have to be open and honest with the supporters during the rough times as well.

I was at the one in the cinema when Lampard had taken over and remember Mel and Pearce saying that we wouldn’t fail FFP and being self congratulatory about beating Villa to the £3.5 million signing of Malone. How times have changed. We can’t even afford someone to work in a ticket office anymore. That alone should be cause for concern enough for local press to be asking and demanding answers. 

I hope tonight gives all supporters answers to the massive range of questions that need answering because we are seemingly in a mess comparable to 1984, and I know how very close we were to losing the club then. People are worried and concerned about something which is engrained into their soul and heart and no one should be vilified or questioned for wanting answers to these genuine concerns.

Let’s hope we get them and sign a couple of aging centre halves, failed midfielder and centre forward who doesn’t score to raise morale! 

Did we actually pay £3.5M for Malone ? I had forgotten that !

9 minutes ago, Charlie George said:

One would hope this forum would have done the same and challenged the NDA.

Interesting point raised by Andy on Twitter to.

Screenshot_20210804-083325_Twitter.jpg

Yeah just seen it. Maybe the meeting is to do with us trying to get into the EFLs good books then?

6 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I can’t see much point in refusing to go. It’s not as if Mel has to hold the meeting - he’d just cancel it.

I’m hoping for some positive answers to those attending even if they can’t share the details.  If @David is able to say something like “I asked a question about xxxxx, and whilst I can’t share the answer, the response was candid and positive - expect developments shortly (or there are one or two sticking points but these should be resolved in the next few days)”, whilst frustrating, I’d take some comfort.

I think that will be the most important element - if those who attend can give general overviews about information, even if we can’t know all of the details.

I’m not one of those who needs all of the nitty, gritty details. I’m happy enough to be given an overview from unbiased sources that help me to understand what’s going on and whether I should be worried. After all of the silence, along with worrying developments in the media, it will be good to get some clarity from those who attend. 

I thought the point of inviting representatives of fan groups would be to efficiently get info to the wider fan base.  NDAs are an insult to the attendees and also to the rest of us and evidences an element of contempt that is staggering. Better off not holding a meeting rather than have a “I have a secret” thing going on.  The club have lost all credibility if this is what they intend to do.

11 minutes ago, Curtains said:

If an NDA is involved it must be serious stuff and I’d say unprecedented
 —————

A non-disclosure agreement is a legally binding contract that establishes a confidential relationship. The party or parties signing the agreement agree that sensitive information they may obtain will not be made available to any others. An NDA may also be referred to as a confidentiality agreement.

It’s a serious document, but hopefully means that there is information about potential takeover and the future of the club that is ultimately positive. The club are happy to share that with fan representatives, who can offer a general overview to their wider groups.

It might not be any nefarious reasons.

11 minutes ago, r4derby said:

I think that will be the most important element - if those who attend can give general overviews about information, even if we can’t know all of the details.

I’m not one of those who needs all of the nitty, gritty details. I’m happy enough to be given an overview from unbiased sources that help me to understand what’s going on and whether I should be worried. After all of the silence, along with worrying developments in the media, it will be good to get some clarity from those who attend. 

Looks like the club have to have these meetings as it’s EFL rules. 

I take your points though. 

15 minutes ago, r4derby said:

Agreed. 

Even if the best those attending can say is “I can’t share any of the details but I feel more positive now than before the meeting” we’d all surely have to feel a lot better even if still frustrated.

48 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Why is it impossible?

Its not impossible for Mel to sit down with RamsTV, Radio Derby and be asked questions that supporters what answers for.

Or for the meeting with supporters tonight to be filmed and put on RamsTV for us all to watch. 

We've done it many times. I remember the one at the cinema, there's been one at Pride Park. 

There's literally no excuse for us not to be able, to at the very least, watch the forum on RamsTV.

To pick and choose who goes and not at least give access to all the fans to watch either live or after the meeting is over is disgusting.

Plus it does seem that groups like the Punjabi Rams have been asked to sign NDAs.

Screenshot_20210804_081303.thumb.jpg.9b9ab619fc982ff0e5f7ac2df6ed1e53.jpg

Couldn’t agree more, absolutely nothing against those fans going and fair play to them.  However every Derby fan should have live access to those Q&As, not an edited version days later. Another poor decision from our clubs leadership. 

6 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Agreed. 

Even if the best those attending can say is “I can’t share any of the details but I feel more positive now than before the meeting” we’d all surely have to feel a lot better even if still frustrated.

Disagree, no one has more rights to the information shared than anyone else. So if a select few can know, we all should be able too. Again and I sincerely mean it, it’s nothing against those going to represent the fans but this should be open to every Derby County supporter. 

19 minutes ago, Spanish said:

I thought the point of inviting representatives of fan groups would be to efficiently get info to the wider fan base.  NDAs are an insult to the attendees and also to the rest of us and evidences an element of contempt that is staggering. Better off not holding a meeting rather than have a “I have a secret” thing going on.  The club have lost all credibility if this is what they intend to do.

Don’t be ridiculous. There are clearly some sensitive subjects that will be discussed at the meeting. I don’t see it as an insult, evidence of contempt or loss of credibility but rather Mel recognising the concern and unease amongst the fans and wants to try to give some comfort. If the best way to do this is to hold such a meeting and then allowing those in attendance to at least report back on how they’re feeling now having heard responses that wouldn’t normally be given - so be it.

Assuming Mel doesn’t want to/isn’t allowed to share the answers more widely, what would you prefer? The meeting to be cancelled? Any sensitive questions to be off limits?

4 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Disagree, no one has more rights to the information shared than anyone else. So if a select few can know, we all should be able too. Again and I sincerely mean it, it’s nothing against those going to represent the fans but this should be open to every Derby County supporter. 

OK. Let’s throw our toys out the pram and cancel the meeting because we can’t have a live stream of what might be sensitive information. We’d achieve what exactly?

Edited by Tamworthram

14 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Agreed. 

I wouldn’t go if this was the case.

I have been given assurances from the club this will be like every other SCG meeting we have been part of.

Fans are seeing NDA and freaking, but it’s paperwork to protect us and themselves over what could be one sentence from the entire meeting that. 

I have seen suggestions of it being live streamed, all fans attend etc. Maybe it should, maybe it shouldn’t.

If I was to drop Steve Gibson is a crude word for a female lady part then how would that go down, or any other profanity for that matter on a live stream?

All I know is whilst I believe being part of the SCG is beneficial to you all by given the opportunity to ask questions and receive answers then I will attend.

If this ever gets to the stage where I have to convince you all everything is great with just a smile of my face I will not be part of the group going forward.

3 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Don’t be ridiculous. There are clearly some sensitive subjects that will be discussed at the meeting. I don’t see it as an insult, evidence of contempt or loss of credibility but rather Mel recognising the concern and unease amongst the fans and wants to try to give some comfort. If the best way to do this is to hold such a meeting and then allowing those in attendance to at least report back on how they’re feeling now having heard responses that wouldn’t normally be given - so be it.

Assuming Mel doesn’t want to/isn’t allowed to share the answers more widely, what would you prefer? The meeting to be cancelled? Any sensitive questions to be off limits?

I have been in many a meeting where there is a closed session and not for communication outside of the room mainly due to something that is probably going to happen if certain things happen but are in no way actually factual so openly discussing them is extremely unhelpful to anyone.

3 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

OK. Let’s throw our toys out the pram and cancel the meeting because we can’t have a live stream of what might be sensitive information. We’d achieve what exactly?

Yes I’d go as far as saying those representatives going today should turn down the offer if they have to sign a NDA. If the information being shared is good enough for some it should be good enough for all “unedited”. We’re all Derby aren’t we? Or aren't some us not Derby enough to know exactly what’s going on?. Yes it’s a bit of a tantrum but I feel completely let down by the club over this

1 minute ago, David said:

I wouldn’t go if this was the case.

I have been given assurances from the club this will be like every other SCG meeting we have been part of.

Fans are seeing NDA and freaking, but it’s paperwork to protect us and themselves over what could be one sentence from the entire meeting that. 

I have seen suggestions of it being live streamed, all fans attend etc. Maybe it should, maybe it shouldn’t.

If I was to drop Steve Gibson is a crude word for a female lady part then how would that go down, or any other profanity for that matter on a live stream?

All I know is whilst I believe being part of the SCG is beneficial to you all by given the opportunity to ask questions and receive answers then I will attend.

If this ever gets to the stage where I have to convince you all everything is great with just a smile of my face I will not be part of the group going forward.

Fair enough. So you’d rather the rest of us remained in alarming ignorance than knowing that a small group of “representatives” had had a strictly private conversation with Mel that gave them some comfort?

I understand your desire for openness and transparency but I’d rather you (and others) were able to just emerge with a smile and no details than no meeting at all.