Derby County Administration (with the slight possibility of Liquidation still there)

therams69

52 minutes ago, Curtains said:

We’ll probably yes .

I argued we should have kept Cocu party because of the cost of sacking him and it appears it was 8 Million !

This sack sack sack of managers has not helped us. 

Probably very damning that he was sacked with the agreement of the fake sheikh. I dare say that Mel wasn't expecting to have to pay the compensation himself. 

1 hour ago, NottsRam77 said:

The article also talks about ongoing losses of x amount

haven’t we got only about 10 players registered to the club ?

ok not quite that but we must have a pretty low wage bill 

look at forest for instance the have more centre midfielders on their books than we have registered players 

Although the wage bill is apparently pretty small by recent standards, our income has never been lower. Even our season ticket income is going to be almost nothing as most will roll over from last season.

20 minutes ago, Alan Ramage 4 EVA said:

Nothing to do with the main topic .But re players wages I remember going to the ticket office  at the BBG 1979 ish ,and passing Alan Biley walking the opposite way opening his wage packet head down counting his money( REAL money).

How times have changed

I'm sure my mate saw Cloughie doing much the same, think it was a brown paper bag though and weirdly he was getting it in a deserted car park... 

(joke obviously..) 

Appreciate we all have views on the Daily Mail or the EFL for that matter but there is never smoke without fire. As I said, we can bury our heads in the sand all we like and just say these articles are rubbish and they have it in for us but I am sorry but these are concerning issues that are not going to go away and the Daily Mail are right to publish them.

My personal opinion is that anyone would be stupid to takeover Derby County. Our club is in an absolute state of a mess. What from the outside would look a great proposition is not so rosy for any potential investor, clearly.

My original post was demanding that the custodians of our club speak to the fans and tell us what is going on. I stand by that and action is already underway to further pursue this. I do hope other fans feel it more so now.

Stephen Pearce and Mel Morris have run this club into the ground. They are responsible for this and owe the fans an explanation.

The next thing we will see is Wayne Rooney walk and I do not blame him.

Here is what I don’t get. The financial jeopardy at the club has not just appeared in the last few weeks or months. We have to assume Mel has always been aware of the financial position. And yet conscious decisions have been made in the last 9 months to sign Jozwiak and to sack Coccu and to incur the costs of extra loans in January. Surely if we were genuinely on a financial precipice you would stop spending and therefore making it worse? So perhaps naively I believe the situation is surviveable. Of course I may be wrong. 

1 hour ago, falconram said:

How did we come to this mess from a business man who made plenty of money, worry time plus I here wages unpaid, how true I don't know but if so we in it deep

It fairly simple - an owner trying to please 30,000 supporters with what they demanded (ambition) and once that isn’t going so well a major virus comes along and totally kills football income to a low percentage. 
one thing is for sure - there are going to be an awful lot of unemployed footballers this summer or ones appearing to be putting little effort in because they are now being paid 25-50% less than they were previously (obviously talking about the championship here) 

24 minutes ago, therams69 said:

Appreciate we all have views on the Daily Mail or the EFL for that matter but there is never smoke without fire. As I said, we can bury our heads in the sand all we like and just say these articles are rubbish and they have it in for us but I am sorry but these are concerning issues that are not going to go away and the Daily Mail are right to publish them.

My personal opinion is that anyone would be stupid to takeover Derby County. Our club is in an absolute state of a mess. What from the outside would look a great proposition is not so rosy for any potential investor, clearly.

My original post was demanding that the custodians of our club speak to the fans and tell us what is going on. I stand by that and action is already underway to further pursue this. I do hope other fans feel it more so now.

Stephen Pearce and Mel Morris have run this club into the ground. They are responsible for this and owe the fans an explanation.

Why? Is he resurrecting his playing career? 

7 minutes ago, Eatonram said:

Here is what I don’t get. The financial jeopardy at the club has not just appeared in the last few weeks or months. We have to assume Mel has always been aware of the financial position. And yet conscious decisions have been made in the last 9 months to sign Jozwiak and to sack Coccu and to incur the costs of extra loans in January. Surely if we were genuinely on a financial precipice you would stop spending and therefore making it worse? So perhaps naively I believe the situation is surviveable. Of course I may be wrong. 

And paying to relay the pitch. You'd think we'd be cutting costs everywhere we can rather than spending money on things we don't actually need to do.

23 minutes ago, therams69 said:

Appreciate we all have views on the Daily Mail or the EFL for that matter but there is never smoke without fire.

I've seen that phrase used a few times recently on here.

Tabloid scum like the Mail exist because people trot out that phrase.

If you were accused of a crime you didn't commit, would you want to be judged by someone who believed there is never smoke without fire?

30 minutes ago, therams69 said:

Demanding????

The modern-day supporter!

59 minutes ago, Alan Ramage 4 EVA said:

Nothing to do with the main topic .But re players wages I remember going to the ticket office  at the BBG 1979 ish ,and passing Alan Biley walking the opposite way opening his wage packet head down counting his money( REAL money).

How times have changed

Me too, only it was Frank Wignall, limping badly, going very gingerly in the direction of the bookies.

I asked him why he was limping, and he mumbled "Dat bar steward McGovern kicked me in der training."

From that day forth, testicles have always been thought of as 'trainings'.

45 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

Probably very damning that he was sacked with the agreement of the fake sheikh. I dare say that Mel wasn't expecting to have to pay the compensation himself. 

Pretty sure that the esteemed Percy said that Cocu and co left by mutual consent plus that Cocu being the gentleman he is had waived most of the compensation he was entitled to and took only a negligible sum ? 

41 minutes ago, therams69 said:

Again a post i agree with 100 percent, and if we are paying Cocu 8 million that is totally beyond barmy, but for the last few years Mel has destroyed a club he supported all his life, hope he can sleep at night, because at the moment i am finding it hard to, i am so worried, that there is still worse to come. Please someone SAVE our Derby County. 

7 minutes ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

Thought I had seen this , calling the 8 million as BS as per @Coconut

Beat me to finding/posting the tweet by about 20 seconds!

Some fans really seem to enjoy sticking the boot in to their own club. Things are bad enough without doing that.

Edited by Coconut

3 minutes ago, Derby blood said:

Again a post i agree with 100 percent, and if we are paying Cocu 8 million that is totally beyond barmy, but for the last few years Mel has destroyed a club he supported all his life, hope he can sleep at night, because at the moment i am finding it hard to, i am so worried, that there is still worse to come. Please someone SAVE our Derby County. 

See the tweet I embedded from John Percy. No way we owe PC 8mill 

3 minutes ago, Coconut said:

Beat me to finding/posting the tweet by about 20 seconds!

Some fans really seem to enjoy sticking the boot in to their own club.

No mate never put the boot into our club, just the owner, who is destroying the club we all love.