Derby County Administration (with the slight possibility of Liquidation still there)

therams69

6 minutes ago, desirelines said:

If the club folded, what would you do? Stop following football entirely? Become a football fan (no allegiance to one team, but keep watching)? Support another club? 

I'd probably stop watching football, but give a passing glimpse to Torquay United.  I have had a soft spot for them since I watched them quite a few times in the 1960s

1 hour ago, Alan Ramage 4 EVA said:

Nothing to do with the main topic .But re players wages I remember going to the ticket office  at the BBG 1979 ish ,and passing Alan Biley walking the opposite way opening his wage packet head down counting his money( REAL money).

How times have changed

If you take media speculation as gospel it might not be too long before our current squad are seeking the comfort of cash in hand. Indeed it’s quite possible that Candy Crush credits could become the new Bitcoin.

7 minutes ago, desirelines said:

If the club folded, what would you do? Stop following football entirely? Become a football fan (no allegiance to one team, but keep watching)? Support another club? 

I could never support (like properly support) another club. I don't think I could stop following football entirely either - I still play Sunday league at 52, so there must be something about it that keeps me coming back. So that leaves the general football fan option, generally supporting my fantasy PL picks to get as many points as possible. Wouldn't be the same though. Let's hope it never comes to that.

I guess I would have to start watching Mickleover, but I don't know if I could be arsed, even though it's only a 15 minute walk to the ground.

I've already pretty much stopped watching any football that doesn't have some impact on / link to Derby so I expect there's every chance I could stop watching it altogether.

38 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

You see the relief of Stephen Pearce and Mel at full time against Sheffield Wednesday and you think well the club must still be in a salvageable position. If we were ducked anyway, why was there that reaction last week? Maybe I am wrong but at this point I think the media are putting out vague statements without truly knowing what is going on. 

Never in a million years will media put out anything that isn't 100% factually accurate and there's even less likelihood that supporters will not believe what they read as being anything but the truth.

14 minutes ago, desirelines said:

Would never support another club. Would either watch the reincarnation of the Rams or dip in and out of local clubs like Mickleover Sports and Matlock Town that I have an affinity with. 
Might pop to the odd local game with my mate who follows a couple of clubs. 
I would cancel Sky Sports during the football season as have no interest in other Prem or FL clubs 

10 minutes ago, desirelines said:

I have two reasons for going to watch Derby, firstly im a Derby fan but secondly its the time i get to spend with my Dad, hes been making noises about not renewing anyway, he doesnt like whats involved with getting away as its so busy, so its crossed my mind that ill take him to some non league games just to spend that time and have a beer after like we used to. I guess id do that if the club folded, i cant imagine just switching to another club, i guess that might build up over time

4 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

I always think of Notts County as my 2nd team - both my Dad and Father in Law played for their reserves, so I'd probably follow them a bit more closely and make a couple of trips to Meadow Lane.

I assume though, that we wouldn't have long to wait before we had a Derby County phoenix club to follow...and then I'd become obsessed with AFC Derby County.

I think you are right there would be a Derby County of some description, no doubt would be a wild ride watching them from non league, i am quite envious of clubs like afc wimbledon, when they got in to the league it must have been such a fantastic moment for their fans.

4 minutes ago, Coconut said:

I guess I would have to start watching Mickleover, but I don't know if I could be arsed, even though it's only a 15 minute walk to the ground.

I've already pretty much stopped watching any football that doesn't have some impact on / link to Derby so I expect there's every chance I could stop watching it altogether.

I’ll join you for a pint at Sports @Coconut

44 minutes ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

No doubt that the North East correspondent and author  of the Daily Fail article is being fed snippets , encouraged by a local embittered owner with an axe to grind 

I’m no Mel apologist, I think the writing has been on the wall for a long time. Or atleast from summer through to Cocu’s departure. 

But...I don’t know whether this article quite passes a good journalism test and I’m highly sceptical where they get their information from. You have to consider that someone wants that information out there. This isn’t ‘Derby is in a mess, and we’ve seen the figures to back this up’ it comes across a second hand info. It’s more speculative than investigative. 

The club is in a dreadful state, and what’s actually been going on is slowly coming to light, but that doesn’t mean I’m gonna lap up every article out there that agrees with that viewpoint without question 

2 minutes ago, MrPlinkett said:

I have two reasons for going to watch Derby, firstly im a Derby fan but secondly its the time i get to spend with my Dad, hes been making noises about not renewing anyway, he doesnt like whats involved with getting away as its so busy, so its crossed my mind that ill take him to some non league games just to spend that time and have a beer after like we used to. I guess id do that if the club folded, i cant imagine just switching to another club, i guess that might build up over time

Love this! ? 

I recently moved to Abingdon and have considered taking in some of the delights of non-League football round here. I was shocked to discover recently that Abingdon Town FC were established in 1870! 

55 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

You see the relief of Stephen Pearce and Mel at full time against Sheffield Wednesday and you think well the club must still be in a salvageable position. If we were ducked anyway, why was there that reaction last week? Maybe I am wrong but at this point I think the media are putting out vague statements without truly knowing what is going on. 

Well yeah, I can't see why anyone would think otherwise can you? Who would want to read: Derby have big debts but aren't going into admin and face a fine if found guilty of accounting errors?

I found the bit from Mel reassuring (although all he was saying was 'worst case') - at least it means they've got a handle on it! I'm feeling slightly more positive now we've ditched the chancers and fake sheiks! FFS Mel you'll have to find a way to ride this out. #COYR

Edited by RoyMac5

6 minutes ago, handyill said:

I could never support (like properly support) another club. I don't think I could stop following football entirely either - I still play Sunday league at 52, so there must be something about it that keeps me coming back. So that leaves the general football fan option, generally supporting my fantasy PL picks to get as many points as possible. Wouldn't be the same though. Let's hope it never comes to that.

I suppose we're all different in how we see things. I supported a Football League club nearest to where I used to live (Div 4 at the time) for the best part of 15 years. Then moved to the Midlands, for one season went to watch the likes of Derby, Leicester, Forest, Notts C and Coventry but was smitten with The Rams so for the following season and the last 42 years they have been my club.

It won't happen, it CAN'T happen but if Derby County was to be no more (perish the thought) I would probably turn to local non-league to go and watch on Saturday afternoons.

5 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

I’m no Mel apologist, I think the writing has been on the wall for a long time. Or atleast from summer through to Cocu’s departure. 

But...I don’t know whether this article quite passes a good journalism test and I’m highly sceptical where they get their information from. You have to consider that someone wants that information out there. This isn’t ‘Derby is in a mess, and we’ve seen the figures to back this up’ it comes across a second hand info. It’s more speculative than investigative. 

The club is in a dreadful state, and what’s actually been going on is slowly coming to light, but that doesn’t mean I’m gonna lap up every article out there that agrees with that viewpoint without question 

Surely that’s an oxymoron?

10 minutes ago, Coconut said:

Football for me is no longer the fun and passion I used to feel when players were normal guys and not the overpaid mardy arses they are now, with their flash cars and blingy Rolex watches (give me an Omega anytime)

23 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

That doesn't necessarily mean he has agreed to walk away with a reduced payment,the mutual agreement could be that he agreed to have the outstanding amount remaining on his contract paid over a number of months/years.

Here is the link that says Cocu took a reduced settlement. Believe it or not.