Derby County Administration (with the slight possibility of Liquidation still there)

therams69

11 minutes ago, MrPlinkett said:

I have two reasons for going to watch Derby, firstly im a Derby fan but secondly its the time i get to spend with my Dad, hes been making noises about not renewing anyway, he doesnt like whats involved with getting away as its so busy, so its crossed my mind that ill take him to some non league games just to spend that time and have a beer after like we used to. I guess id do that if the club folded, i cant imagine just switching to another club, i guess that might build up over time

I think you are right there would be a Derby County of some description, no doubt would be a wild ride watching them from non league, i am quite envious of clubs like afc wimbledon, when they got in to the league it must have been such a fantastic moment for their fans.

I am sure they feel very conflicted!  

AFC Wimbledon’s rise was fantastic - but are they the same club which won that FA Cup etc?  It doesn’t REALLY matter - or does it? Hard to say!

31 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I thought that at the time but, on reflection, reckon it could have been natural relief after such a tense and topsy turvy game or, perhaps it was relief that he now “only” has a disaster to deal with instead of an out and out crisis.

Mel standing up clapping the players off the pitch, you could hear it as well as see it.  That was a big deal

1 hour ago, Eddie said:

That's called 'doing a Leicester' and I want no part of it.

I don’t think you are correct. This is saving a business that would have otherwise failed giving benefit to creditors.*

Letting it fail and go into admin is doing a Leicester.

*Is there really any other option for a business with huge debt and little income?

6 minutes ago, desirelines said:

Love this! ? 

I recently moved to Abingdon and have considered taking in some of the delights of non-League football round here. I was shocked to discover recently that Abingdon Town FC were established in 1870! 

There is certainly plenty of options. A guy i worked with was a die hard forest fan but he moved to Northwich in Cheshire and started going to watch them and really got into it, it didnt stop him being a forest fan, i dont think it means you are being 'unfaithful' if thats the right word lol.

I am actually considering going to watch Cleethorpes Town when they play around here, if i dont get a season ticket again, they will have a few fixtures that would be reasonably local to us round here, for no other reason than i used to work with their current manager so i look out for their results anyway.

So in these debts he’s expecting someone else to pay keogh off cocu and his team off which he sacked. Even for that I’d tell him duck off. Mels going to have to take on some of the debt himself which he will not want to do and to top it off the new owners could end up taking all this debt on and we still don’t know when crowds will be back so will get no income 

1 hour ago, therams69 said:

Appreciate we all have views on the Daily Mail or the EFL for that matter but there is never smoke without fire. As I said, we can bury our heads in the sand all we like and just say these articles are rubbish and they have it in for us but I am sorry but these are concerning issues that are not going to go away and the Daily Mail are right to publish them.

My personal opinion is that anyone would be stupid to takeover Derby County. Our club is in an absolute state of a mess. What from the outside would look a great proposition is not so rosy for any potential investor, clearly.

My original post was demanding that the custodians of our club speak to the fans and tell us what is going on. I stand by that and action is already underway to further pursue this. I do hope other fans feel it more so now.

Stephen Pearce and Mel Morris have run this club into the ground. They are responsible for this and owe the fans an explanation.

The next thing we will see is Wayne Rooney walk and I do not blame him.

This article was mostly factual - maybe not the Cocu pay-off amount, nor who knows what Keogh will get - and as Mel said 'worst case' scenario. So not rubbish.

You're a notable businessman then are you? What do you know about investing large sums of money, can I ask?

Morris and Pearce are at least aware of our financial difficulties. Not much can be expected in the current 'pandemic climate' I would think, so all the fans can hope for is that Mel keeps us 'ticking over'. Now more than ever the Prem is the place to be playing football.

Why should Rooney walk if he gets the players in that he wants? He seemed quite realistic with the players he got in on loan in January.

2 minutes ago, atherstoneram said:

There is probably as much truth in that as there was in his last sentence

Why exactly are you so desperate to believe the worst that sensationalist hacks come up with, but so keen to dismiss a reputable source such as John Percy?

His last sentence was true - the club (foolishly) expected the money to drop into their bank account in late November. That it didn't happen doesn't make his comment false.

42 minutes ago, desirelines said:

If the club folded, what would you do? Stop following football entirely? Become a football fan (no allegiance to one team, but keep watching)? Support another club? 

Things are bad right now but they've been worse. A lot worse.

Besides, whatever happens, there will always be a Derby County.

The questions really are what League will we be in? What players will we lose? etc.

(Edit: not to say your questions aren't a legitimate point for discussion in a general sense, just that I don't think it lightens the mood on this thread)

Edited by IslandExile

1 minute ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

I don’t think you are correct. This is saving a business that would have otherwise failed giving benefit to creditors.*

Letting it fail and go into admin is doing a Leicester.

*Is there really any other option for a business with huge debt and little income?

admin does not necessarily end up with failure, liquidation is a much more of a final full stop

3 hours ago, NottsRam77 said:

Can I ask 

to my knowledge a hmrc bill would be to do with outstanding VAT ... as far as I know u don’t pay VAT on wages 

would that if true not be for service so corporate activities 

No VAT on wages, just Tax, N.I, Tax payable on Benefit in kind- medical, cars etc,  

Corporation tax on Ltd entities but that would fall on the directors and if the business runs at a loss that wouldn't be relevant. I assume if there was any profit following the stadium sale and depending if that stadium was listed under a company their may be some element their, obviously depends how that was moved around. ?

There will be areas of VAT I'm sure but having never had any involvement with VAT someone else would know more than me to be honest.

Didn't the article say admin would only lose 10 million of the debt, so would not make significant inroads.

Also, there are bigger repercussions - debts to local businesses, lose players without reasonable fees etc.

Should be avoided if possible.

For me, Leicester and others did not behave ethically.

4 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Didn't the article say admin would only lose 10 million of the debt, so would not make significant inroads.

Also, there are bigger repercussions - debts to local businesses, lose players without reasonable fees etc.

Should be avoided if possible.

For me, Leicester and others did not behave ethically.

Yes the £10m would be 'non-football' debt. Football debt has to be paid.

4 minutes ago, Coconut said:

Why exactly are you so desperate to believe the worst that sensationalist hacks come up with, but so keen to dismiss a reputable source such as John Percy?

His last sentence was true - the club (foolishly) expected the money to drop into their bank account in late November. That it didn't happen doesn't make his comment false.

5 minutes ago, Coconut said:

I am not desperate to believe the worst that sensationalist hacks come up with as you put it,some on here only want to read positive journalistic comments and dismiss anything negative as false.JP is only reporting on the information he is given from the club unless of course Cocu told him personally that he had taken a reduced payoff which i very much doubt he did

37 minutes ago, GlastoEls said:

I am sure they feel very conflicted!  

AFC Wimbledon’s rise was fantastic - but are they the same club which won that FA Cup etc?  It doesn’t REALLY matter - or does it? Hard to say!

Rangers just decided to pretend they were the same club, hence Staunchmaggedon today has "55" everywhere, not "1".