Derby County Administration (with the slight possibility of Liquidation still there)

therams69

1 hour ago, Curtains said:

We’ll probably yes .

I argued we should have kept Cocu party because of the cost of sacking him and it appears it was 8 Million !

This sack sack sack of managers has not helped us. 

I thought it was reported at the time he accepted a 60% reduced pay off? Even so, never thought he should have gone in the first place. The fact we allowed a group to make a managerial decision, who at that point had put no money in and now have nothing to do with us, is a farce. I don't believe we would have got relegated, we would then have hit the end of Rooney's contract as well. Now, just a mess.

32 minutes ago, Eatonram said:

Here is what I don’t get. The financial jeopardy at the club has not just appeared in the last few weeks or months. We have to assume Mel has always been aware of the financial position. And yet conscious decisions have been made in the last 9 months to sign Jozwiak and to sack Coccu and to incur the costs of extra loans in January. Surely if we were genuinely on a financial precipice you would stop spending and therefore making it worse? So perhaps naively I believe the situation is surviveable. Of course I may be wrong. 

You see the relief of Stephen Pearce and Mel at full time against Sheffield Wednesday and you think well the club must still be in a salvageable position. If we were ducked anyway, why was there that reaction last week? Maybe I am wrong but at this point I think the media are putting out vague statements without truly knowing what is going on. 

1 hour ago, TuffLuff said:

For one thing, Cocu reportedly left by mutual consent and wasnt sacked

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.com/sport/football/54945552.amp

Also interesting to note in the article that the BZI deal was reported to be worth £60mill

It’s also worth noting this new DM article is written by our new favourite north east reporter, so have to presume it’s all a little quiet on Teeside.

No doubt that the North East correspondent and author  of the Daily Fail article is being fed snippets , encouraged by a local embittered owner with an axe to grind 

6 minutes ago, BondJovi said:

I thought it was reported at the time he accepted a 60% reduced pay off? Even so, never thought he should have gone in the first place. The fact we allowed a group to make a managerial decision, who at that point had put no money in and now have nothing to do with us, is a farce. I don't believe we would have got relegated, we would then have hit the end of Rooney's contract as well. Now, just a mess.

Yes you do remember well. No percentage but well below the Daily Fail hyperbole 

If the debt is as rumoured i would guess to remove the debt Mel sells the club for 50 million and Mel walks away with £1 plus no debt.

The new owners get the entire club but shoulder the debt.

Debts handled by repayment terms.

Indulge me on this post - this just came on the radio & sums being a Derby fan up for me!

It’s called Fool again by Westlife.

this is the chorus:

Can't believe that I'm a fool again
I thought this love would never end
How was I to know?
You never told me
Can't believe that I'm a fool again
And I who thought you were my friend
How was I to know?
You never told me

(if you’re feeling really melancholy you could substitute love with club!)

i just don’t have any words to contribute to this debate other than Mel will not want the club’s demise to be his legacy & you can’t believe what some papers print. 

I am clinging on to that hope 

1 hour ago, TuffLuff said:

For one thing, Cocu reportedly left by mutual consent and wasnt sacked

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.com/sport/football/54945552.amp

Also interesting to note in the article that the BZI deal was reported to be worth £60mill

It’s also worth noting this new DM article is written by our new favourite north east reporter, so have to presume it’s all a little quiet on Teeside.

I can't see any reference in the article to Cocu leaving by mutual consent,only his assistants.

31 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Demanding????

The modern-day supporter!

Yes .. what happened to hoping, wishing and dreaming ? 
In my old fashioned world your home town football club will never be a service provider or a “franchise” no matter what the entertainment / finance industry says ! Oh and fans are not customers. But then again, I am a dinosaur I suppose. 

9 hours ago, Bubbles said:
8 hours ago, Andicis said:

Our fans can ignore the article all they like, it has a direct quote from Mel. We have a lot of debt, burying your head in the sand won't make it go away. 

I agree,as they are showing a direct quote from MM, if it's not true then i am sure MM will start proceeding with a libel case against the DM

21 minutes ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

See the tweet I embedded from John Percy. No way we owe PC 8mill 

It wouldn't surprise me if we'd done some kind of gardening-leave type thing, so instead of paying him a lump sum in compensation, we're still paying some fraction of his wages until he gets another job.  So maybe if he doesn't get another job for the next 4 years, we might in theory end up paying him £8m, which fits with Morris quote's about it being a worst case scenario.

Likewise, the £20m HMRC bill is presumably deferred PAYE/NIC etc, so it will have to be paid, but they're not going to be demanding it all tomorrow. Many clubs, and many other businesses in general, will have used this scheme, and if HMRC start demanding massive payments upfront, they're just going to cause mass bankruptcies, so they will probably take a sensible approach.

The Dell loan also presumably has a payment schedule attached. They won't be demanding £15m tomorrow.

The entire article seems to be taking the worst case scenarios, and the total payable over many years, and assuming we owe it all tomorrow.

29 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

You see the relief of Stephen Pearce and Mel at full time against Sheffield Wednesday and you think well the club must still be in a salvageable position. If we were ducked anyway, why was there that reaction last week? Maybe I am wrong but at this point I think the media are putting out vague statements without truly knowing what is going on. 

I noticed that. Real puff of the cheeks stuff and hugging each other.

Doubtful but it crossed my mind that I wondered if there was a feeling between them they should have another crack. 

It’s a mess but don’t think it can’t be salvaged, although I could be wrong.

Wish I had a few quid,

Cheers

Gangway D skint on the terrace

Edited by GangwayD

39 minutes ago, Derby blood said:

Again a post i agree with 100 percent, and if we are paying Cocu 8 million that is totally beyond barmy, but for the last few years Mel has destroyed a club he supported all his life, hope he can sleep at night, because at the moment i am finding it hard to, i am so worried, that there is still worse to come. Please someone SAVE our Derby County. 

Sassy Drama Queen GIF

27 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

I thought that at the time but, on reflection, reckon it could have been natural relief after such a tense and topsy turvy game or, perhaps it was relief that he now “only” has a disaster to deal with instead of an out and out crisis.

5 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

You can read the official statement if you are looking for the exact words.

www.dcfc.co.uk/amp/news/2020/11/Derby-county-statement-14th-november-2020

Also @Reggie Greenwoodhas posted the John Percy tweet.

That doesn't necessarily mean he has agreed to walk away with a reduced payment,the mutual agreement could be that he agreed to have the outstanding amount remaining on his contract paid over a number of months/years.

2 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I thought that at the time but, on reflection, reckon it could have been natural relief after such a tense and topsy turvy game or, perhaps it was relief that he now “only” has a disaster to deal with instead of an out and out crisis.

That’s what I thought. Many fans watching probably had the same relief! I know I did.

Though it’ll never stop some fans putting 2 and 2 together to make 5. 

4 minutes ago, desirelines said:

If the club folded, what would you do? Stop following football entirely? Become a football fan (no allegiance to one team, but keep watching)? Support another club? 

I always think of Notts County as my 2nd team - both my Dad and Father in Law played for their reserves, so I'd probably follow them a bit more closely and make a couple of trips to Meadow Lane.

I assume though, that we wouldn't have long to wait before we had a Derby County phoenix club to follow...and then I'd become obsessed with AFC Derby County.