Derby County Administration (with the slight possibility of Liquidation still there)

therams69

14 hours ago, TheresOnlyWanChope said:

The club has been for sale ages and only just now in administration. Buyers have been put off because of the debt most likely- or Mel Morris’ asking price. 
May support a Phoenix team- AFC Derby County or something but would probably feel strange. Derby City just won’t connect with me, likewise Derby Rovers or anything similar ;  probably won’t bother supporting a club team in all likelihood if Derby folds. Hopeful something can be sorted though and we can be good again one day. 

I'm in the same place. Derby County is my team. Anything else with another name isn't.

19 minutes ago, Oldben said:

No chance Sunderland are worth the half the value of Newcastle.

Sunderland is in League 1, Newcastle are premier league.

Sunderland technically shouldn't even be worth more than Derby.

When sunderland entered into negotiations with Ellis Short several years ago, they were nearly £200 million in debt, they were losing £35 million per annum, and had all but been relegated to League One.

If there's something interesting for Derby in all that it's that new owners were able to see a way out of the debt and into a profitable enterprise, which Sunderland have the opportunity of becoming.

Current LeAgue positions are not that relevant especially as if season ended now both clubs would be in the Championship.

it’s the long term future potential for clubs and in that I don’t see that much difference between Newcastle or Sunderland, certainly no more than a 50% discount

11 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Current LeAgue positions are not that relevant especially as if season ended now both clubs would be in the Championship.

it’s the long term future potential for clubs and in that I don’t see that much difference between Newcastle or Sunderland, certainly no more than a 50% discount

The club, no. But there's talk isn't there that the Saudis want to invest in the area. 

In which case, the metropolitan area of Newcastle probably offers significantly greater potential. 

Location location location.... ?

1 hour ago, Sheff Ram said:

I'm in the same place. Derby County is my team. Anything else with another name isn't.

I have similar feelings to you. But Derby County 2022 would do for me, unless we could get away with Derby County 1884. Either way, among football supporters, the year would be a side issue and disregarded. We would still be known as Derby County.

18 hours ago, Barney1991 said:

Will he have other people with him then I’m guessing as there’s no way he’s taking it on his own with how much he’s worth? Is there other investors owners of the group 

Im guessing he must have. My reservations would be that he is normally in things for a quick profit, not sure that is what we need..!?

16 hours ago, TheresOnlyWanChope said:

The club has been for sale ages and only just now in administration. Buyers have been put off because of the debt most likely- or Mel Morris’ asking price. 
May support a Phoenix team- AFC Derby County or something but would probably feel strange. Derby City just won’t connect with me, likewise Derby Rovers or anything similar ;  probably won’t bother supporting a club team in all likelihood if Derby folds. Hopeful something can be sorted though and we can be good again one day. 

Í agree,  DCFC only. 
I’m disillusioned with the way football is run and only clinging on because I love the Rams  

13 minutes ago, Ram1988 said:

Come on Jack O'Connell and Niall Horan it's time to invest into your club !!

Niall Horan .  If he offers a free concert for 10 people to whoever buys the the club, there's the possibility you could see some spoilt child of a billionaire  stamping there foot and demanding daddy buys the club to get it, in some kind of golden ticket, Veruca Salt parody.

Might be the most promising option.

27 minutes ago, StrawHillRam said:

Í agree,  DCFC only. 
I’m disillusioned with the way football is run and only clinging on because I love the Rams  

I haven't watched any other football, bar the Euros in patches, last season or this season.  I feel so far removed from the Anfields and Old Traffords nowadays they may as well not exist. I think a lot of it is the buying up and renting back of young players by premier league clubs   Different league so you don't know how they'd perform, but we had to let go two players for around 2.6 million, who will get loaned out for double that over the next 12 months, to Liverpool and Man city. Those two players in our squad this year could have got upwards of 15 million if they played to potential.  Whole thing makes me barf to be honest.

1 hour ago, StrawHillRam said:

Í agree,  DCFC only. 

The only way I'd consider supporting another club is Derby fold is if it were a lower league/non-league club. The lower leagues are the only place where the soul of football still exists. I never have and will never understand the appeal of supporting a team like Man Utd fro example.

1 hour ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I haven't watched any other football, bar the Euros in patches, last season or this season.  I feel so far removed from the Anfields and Old Traffords nowadays they may as well not exist. I think a lot of it is the buying up and renting back of young players by premier league clubs   Different league so you don't know how they'd perform, but we had to let go two players for around 2.6 million, who will get loaned out for double that over the next 12 months, to Liverpool and Man city. Those two players in our squad this year could have got upwards of 15 million if they played to potential.  Whole thing makes me barf to be honest.

If Derby ceased to exist, football would cease to exist. I would cancel Sky Sports and not watch, talk  about  or follow football ever again, at international or club level.

Any Government , football authority,  any entity or person in any way responsible by act of omission or commisison for the demise of Derby would not get my vote, attention or co-operation and would be villified and despised for the rest of their existence. Not that I bear any grudges , mind.

Derby County will not fold as a liquidation scenario is in no-ones interest, certainly not HMRC.

The stadium being held outside the club actually helps us at the moment as without that the club has little in the way of assets to liquidate.

Most of the senior players only have contracts running to the end of the season, so there is little value there if any, maybe £1m tops for Lawrence.

The only players of value with contracts going beyond this season (Buchanan, Bird, Knight, Sibley, Bielik, Jowiak, Ebosele & Stretton) might fetch £15m or so in a liquidation scenario.

What other assets are there to sell other than 2nd hand gym equipment, computers, etc?

Absolute max of assets held by DCFC would be £20m to £25m all of which would go to MSD as the secured creditor, the new loan to see us through the next few months (probably also from MSD) and the administrator to cover their fees.

HMRC would likely get nothing in a liquidation so they will ultimately cut a deal with the administrators, it's almost guaranteed.

36 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

If Derby ceased to exist, football would cease to exist. I would cancel Sky Sports and not watch, talk  about  or follow football ever again, at international or club level.

Any Government , football authority,  any entity or person in any way responsible by act of omission or commisison for the demise of Derby would not get my vote, attention or co-operation and would be villified and despised for the rest of their existence. Not that I bear any grudges , mind.

100% this ????????

5 hours ago, PistoldPete said:

League has a massive impact on a club's value

55 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

Agree.

There's a glosgow ice hockey team I might watch but i don't think I could bare Firhill.

I'm born and brewed in Burton, generations of my family have supported and will continue to support Derby County. Growing up I always had a soft spot for Burton Albion but growing up they were only a few leagues above supporting your local pub team...

Obviously times have changed since I was a child and Derby County will always be my number one team, however if (god forbid) Derby County ceases to be, Burton Albion will become my number one team as the Derby County that I grew up supporting, my father supported, my grandfather supported etc, would no longer would exist...

But I keep the faith that my beloved Derby County will get over this mess.

Edited by Retro_RAM

16 hours ago, Yani P said:

Sandbanks is a varied place..lived there myself until we moved to Canada..you have the outer circle homes on the beach and waterfront side..then the inner properties with no water frontage..then the houses with dual water frontage on the way to the peninsula..expensive but zero privacy..then the Evening Hill end..depends where you are whether you had an education ?

@i-Ramlives in a water side property I’ll have you know. 
He’s raite posh, don’t let him kid you.

Mind you, he did convert his boat house into a mancave, that didn’t go down too well with the local rowing club.

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

League has a massive impact on a club's value

So would you pay top dollar for Norwich , West Brom or Fulham in their biennial tour of Premier league grounds? More than double what you would pay if they were in the Championship? I wouldn't.