Derby County Administration (with the slight possibility of Liquidation still there)

therams69

26 minutes ago, Chris_D said:

the £8.3m was in 2021, but any funds not distributed by the EFL after the application process had closed were to be returned to MetLife Investment Management by 31st

Well maybe I misinterpreted the dates.. applications for a loan had to be applied for before 31 July 2021.

so maybe it’s true that by then it was already too late , we issued administration notice on 17 September .

58 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Another BZI in the waiting.

If you google them Google takes you to the Carlyle Group, an investment firm worth billions. Its only when you search a bit more do you find the Carlisle Corporation, with a website akin to BZIs and a revenue less than 5 million dollars a year.

They must be the broker for a bigger buyer.

Think you've googled the wrong company. Try http://www.carlislecapital.com/

47 minutes ago, Jubbs said:

https://binniemedia.com/ This is their media group though, so not just Carlisle Capital.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Harrison_Binnie

Not sure any that makes it sound like he's got the financial clout by himself to run the club, but seems to have had an interesting life, some decent business acumen (rather than just striking lucky), no major controversies and morally on the right side of things.

I'm sure we'd break him!

17 minutes ago, BucksRam said:

Just on this point, there have been so many inconsistencies, changes of tact, miss-information, delays and any number of other issues from the EFL, aptly called out by so many on this forum, that such a statement ought to include a history of the EFL's treatment of us.  The EFL constantly dodge the issues with politically spun responses, and just fall back to quoting their (inconsistently applied) rules.

Don't get me wrong, Mel massively messed up in lots of ways (arrogance, naivete, poor decisions) but the EFL's treatment of us has gone beyond acceptable and there must surely be a strong argument to say they have in fact massively contributed to our current demise and have, for the past 24 months, through embargoes, ridiculous appeals and unexplained delays played a key role in leading us to where we are today. I find it incredibly frustrating that they seem to be able to don huge Teflon coats, avoid all accountability and that someone (I honestly don't know who though) isn't holding them to real account on this, if not for our benefits, then those of all other EFL members. 

It would be great to see a single document listing all the issues over this time, the EFL's responses and the counter-arguments on behalf of Derby pointing out impacts / inconsistencies / rationale etc. 

I think the Efl name and Shame process can start with Statements made in March 2019. In a public statement they said Birmingham were the only club found to be in breach of rules for the period ending 2017/18 .

so either they had investigated Derby and found nothing wrong , or they were still investigating Derby in which case the Birmingham statement was misleading at best.

it would be reasonable for anyone from Derby to read that and think our accounts are fine, Efl has found nothing wrong.

14 hours ago, GenBr said:

How do you know he does?

Even if he does still have significant assets its not all going to be cash.

Rich lists and whatnot are mostly guesswork and nonsense. 

He may or may not have money but most of it certainly will not be in the bank, it will be working for him. That aside if this car crash we are in was a jigsaw there would be do many pieces missing all with the word why printed on them. Things like Mel why did you let finances get out of control then not pay for your mistakes. Why now? Why do you claim to be broke, are you asset rich and cash poor? Why the loans on the stadium? Why was tax not paid when you knew it would drive up the cost and therefore sale of the club that you claimed to be the owner of on behalf of the fans when you took over. Why did you take the EFL on of P&S if you couldn't win or why did you think you could  There are many more whys and I don't think we the fans will ever understand or get answers to any of them. The biggest WHY is why have you let the Derby faithful down or is there still a twist to come that he cannot yet tell us about. Here is hoping but no doubt we will learn off twitter before any official statement

7 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

I think the Efl name and Shame process can start with Statements made in March 2019.

The fact they had our stadium 'valued' by a valuer that had zero experience in valuing football grounds, and appointed an expert witness on the amortization issues that had no experience with football finances or day-to-day accounting, would be a decent starting point.  And all at the expense of the other clubs in the league too.

1 hour ago, Chris_D said:

I think it comes down to Mel not being wiling to provide the commitment to funding the repayments that was required, probably because he had an eye on admin even then

We’ll probably never know but I disagree and suspect it’s as I said earlier. The club couldn’t apply by the deadline because we did not meet the criteria and the EFL wouldn’t or couldn’t extend it.

2 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

I was appalled to read the EFL response to the Ramstrust questions. @San Fran Van Ramsarticulated some of it, but this determination to see Derby under new owners sent down the leagues irrespective of the integrity of the competition they run, is just vindictive.

But what was worse for me was the wanton disregard for the welfare of our academy players who aren't allowed to be in the squad. Their plan can only be to try to destroy the Derby Academy by forcing the good prospects to leave in search of first team football. The fair and equitable solution would have been to establish a cutoff at the end of the transfer window and allow academy players to join the first team in addition to this. 

Again, I find it extraordinary that we have heard nothing from the PFA about this.

The PFA appear to have been utterly pathetic at representing their players in this whole situation and if I was a member I would be raising Merry hell why they have been so pathetic 

24 minutes ago, Chris_D said:

they are to be repaid by 2024

Which we probably could have done without going into division three - minus 12 points administration means a straight forward drop of about £6 million per year when we are relegated on top of whatever the EFL are cooking up.

I might go and knock on the door of Carlyle Capita today see what they have to say for themselves. 
The Main man there is pretty “famous” around here (it’s a small town-a dude with millions is super famous) and not particularly popular but has done loads of development around. 
the general opinion is that he does nothing that isn’t going to make him a lot of money…..I think if he buys the Supers that might not be the case!! Ha ha 

2 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

I might go and knock on the door of Carlyle Capita today see what they have to say for themselves. 
The Main man there is pretty “famous” around here (it’s a small town-a dude with millions is super famous) and not particularly popular but has done loads of development around. 
the general opinion is that he does nothing that isn’t going to make him a lot of money…..I think if he buys the Supers that might not be the case!! Ha ha 

I wish it was Caryle, ours is carlisle, a bit more tin pot.

Why would EFL not be more interested in making sure that Derby County avoid liquidation over all other options. If they were they could allow us to be taken over and then remove nine points when we have avoided liquidation. Okay it would mean that we would be sold for less money and creditors would get less or repayments could be rescheduled over a longer period. The letter if the law against the spirit of the law. Obviously if we avoid relegation then another club who did get relegated would have a major grievance but they already have a twelve point start on us.