Derby County Administration (with the slight possibility of Liquidation still there)

therams69

3 minutes ago, Rambam said:

Anyway, he’d be moving up market. 
Remind me, is it Derby County who have been English League Champions twice since Newcastle United have, or was it the other way round? 

Didn't they win the 1969 Fairs Cup ?  Have they won much since ?

I wouldnt pay too much attention to the Geordie nation, self entitled bunch of ricks that they are, even worse than that lot up the road!

Ashley would be perfect for Derby, lots of experience and would put just enough into the club to ensure a steady climb away from the mess we're in. I dont want someone to come in chucking money about and end up with us like this again. For Ashley to make money he would have to be in it for the long haul, if he makes money it will mean we're in the Prem.

Mike Ashley - 

We actually know who he is and can vouch for his net worth- check

Experience of running a football club - check 

Experience of getting a football club promoted multiple times - check 

Experience of running a football clubs finances and operations on a sound footing, proven over a prolonged period of time - check 

Has the proven finances to run the club with no danger of running out of cash - check 

Is not Mel Morris - check 

it’s a yes from me 

43 minutes ago, GenBr said:

Dunno why the Geordies always hated him. Just seems like they had delusions of grandeur.

You are kidding aren’t you ? Should be one of the greatest football teams in the land.

We talk a lot about how we are a big club, and rightly so. But hard to contend that we match them in terms of ground, support, history ... 

One of their problems will continue to be that many talented young footballers want to be in or near London. We have suffered from this too. Good for Brentford,  Millwall etc but needs some levelling up ...  

Edited by kevinhectoring

1 minute ago, kevinhectoring said:

. But hard to content that we match them in terms of ground, support, history ... 

History? They haven't won anything since the 50's... They have a bigger ground than us, but their support is no better. 

Why should they be one of the greatest teams? What divine right do they have? 

30 minutes ago, Wignall12 said:

No , I'm sorry , I maintain my stance from my earlier post . IT WAS A JAPANESE WET SUIT ! . 

I totally believe you.

They had Leffe Brune on offer at £2.50 for a 75 cl bottle yesterday. When I went in, there was only 1 bottle left, so he must have pretty well hogged the lot. The wet suit must have been in case he dropped a bottle.

1 minute ago, Andicis said:

History? They haven't won anything since the 50's... They have a bigger ground than us, but their support is no better. 

Their support is excellent, far larger city than Derby mind

2 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Their support has been ravaged by Ashley. They are the Toon 

17 minutes ago, Foxy Ram said:

Despite winning it they only qualified for the competition on the "one city one team" rule. They finished 10th in Division 1 67-68. 

The most significant thing I can remember about that was that Bobby Moncur played over 300 times for Newcastle, scoring 7 goals in his career with them.

3 were in the Fairs Cup final.

Some parallels with another much-maligned businessman who emerged last time we were in this much trouble - Robert Maxwell in 1984. Maxwell already had a very chequered business record by the time he rescued us & in 1983 had tried to merge Oxford & Reading. Although he was very unpopular by the time he left, he brought Arthur Cox to the club, funded our rise back to the top division & did eventually leave us in a much better state than he found us in.

Am not a big fan of Mike Ashley at all but he does seem to have a sensible if uninspiring approach to running a football club - exactly what we need. If the interest is true, he will only be investing to sell us at a profit & the only way he does that is by repairing the club & leaving us either Premiership or on the verge (i.e. like GSE left us in 2014). 

Not especially interested in Newcastle fans' take on this - whatever Ashley's faults, at least he doesn't head a regime that actively persecutes its own citizens & murders dissidents. Their nauseating self-pity over the past few months has really got up my nose too - other than a couple of years in the mid 90s, they've been an irrelevance since the 1950's.