El DerbyCo

roboto

1 minute ago, rad1919 said:

That was a very strange and slightly uncomfortable interview. As intriguing as it is worrying.

Thought the interview was fine said nothing new chose his words carefully. I took the impression there is far more behind him than he is letting on also quite good he played down the relationship with the more famous footballing Alonso's

2 hours ago, Beetroot said:

For balance you could've acknowledged that that happens both ways. 

A fair point, for sure. The polarization is on both sides.

I also could have been more nuanced on the same-sex marriage point. My take is that this is the greatest social change that has happened in my lifetime and it shouldn't be any business of the state whether people can or can't love someone of the same sex. But how quickly we forget that Cameron's government only introduced this in the UK in 2013, just 8 short years ago. Then, all of a sudden, we think we're so enlightened and are outraged that the rest of the world hasn't followed suit, so when Merkel voted against it in 2017 it can seem an outrageous thing for her to have done (especially for those who see her as the champion of European liberal values). And nowadays the British media and commentariat is all holier than though if homophobic abuse is heard at football grounds in other countries. Of course I know nothing of Alonso's views on the topic, but the way towards a more tolerant, better world isn't to immediately castigate everyone who isn't moving on the curve at exactly the same pace as us, but to show understanding and love while letting our own actions and tolerant society speak for itself. 

Just now, ollycutts1982 said:

Follow up - 

Simon Jordan has just said that Alonso is the real deal and a man of significant means. 
??

Personally I am optimistic about this takeover. I am hoping that Mel is correct and Erik Alonso has the right intention and funding to drive us forward. 

Positivity around our club has been missing somewhat in the last 2 years and I for one am happy with what I’ve heard. COYR ? 

5 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

A fair point, for sure. The polarization is on both sides.

I also could have been more nuanced on the same-sex marriage point. My take is that this is the greatest social change that has happened in my lifetime and it shouldn't be any business of the state whether people can or can't love someone of the same sex. But how quickly we forget that Cameron's government only introduced this in the UK in 2013, just 8 short years ago. Then, all of a sudden, we think we're so enlightened and are outraged that the rest of the world hasn't followed suit, so when Merkel voted against it in 2017 it can seem an outrageous thing for her to have done (especially for those who see her as the champion of European liberal values). And nowadays the British media and commentariat is all holier than though if homophobic abuse is heard at football grounds in other countries. Of course I know nothing of Alonso's views on the topic, but the way towards a more tolerant, better world isn't to immediately castigate everyone who isn't moving on the curve at exactly the same pace as us, but to show understanding and love while letting our own actions and tolerant society speak for itself. 

So much this.

As the christians would put it, hate the sin, not the sinner. Throwing people under the bus for an off colour viewpoint or unguarded remark doesn't make the world a better place - but it seems to be the internet way - it more often than not will just create more difference, us and them camps, not seeing each others views. A bit more understanding, a bit of gentle expaining why we hold the views we do, a bit of acceptance that other people won't feel the same as you would just be helpful all round. I may be a hopless nieve idealist, but I believe there's far more in common between most people than divides them.

8 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

So much this.

As the christians would put it, hate the sin, not the sinner. Throwing people under the bus for an off colour viewpoint or unguarded remark doesn't make the world a better place - but it seems to be the internet way - it more often than not will just create more difference, us and them camps, not seeing each others views. A bit more understanding, a bit of gentle expaining why we hold the views we do, a bit of acceptance that other people won't feel the same as you would just be helpful all round. I may be a hopless nieve idealist, but I believe there's far more in common between most people than divides them.

Maybe in general terms but I have no acceptance, tolerance or understanding for those with homophobic or racist views....

4 hours ago, Josh said:

Slept on it. Got a bad feeling about it and I don't want these lot taking over. I just don't see them having the money. 

Try stamping your feet.  If that doesn't keep them away, lay on your back with legs and arms flailing, and scream very loudly.  

The latter will definitely do the trick.  Won't see them for dust!

Good luck.  

1 hour ago, ollycutts1982 said:

In brief - 

Judge him by his work not his words

Will have help from someone who has worked at Real Madrid and is a big name in football

Firstly we need to stay in the league but manager and players have his full support

Message to all Derby fans, appreciate all words from fans and good times will return

Wants to be confirmed as soon as possible

If that Madrid part is true, wouldn't surprise me if he brings in one of No Limits clients Predrag Mijatović, ex Real Madrid Director of Football. Which would outline why he might be erring over Rooney as previous poster on here has said.

I am not sure about this Alonso chap.

Rooney is still in situ, and the club haven’t even started selling DCFC branded bottles of tinto de verano.

I’ve not even got one of those computer generated e-mails wishing me a happy birthday either.

I have to say, the signs don’t look good! League 1 and financial collapse beckons.

4 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

I am not sure about this Alonso chap.

Rooney is still in situ, and the club haven’t even started selling DCFC branded bottles of tinto de verano.

I’ve not even got one of those computer generated e-mails wishing me a happy birthday either.

I have to say, the signs don’t look good! League 1 and financial collapse beckons.

Happy Birthday. Although you probably don't do happy, so have an acceptable day.?

27 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Simon Jordon said on talksport that he's spoke to a very very very very reliable source who has said that Alonso is the "real deal" and a man of significant means.

Simon Jordan has no problem calling things as he sees them does he, so that's interesting.

Edited by RoyMac5