El DerbyCo

roboto

I really dont understand all the negativity at all . This to me seems like a dream deal and I for one am pretty excited about it . It seems like some Derby fans are unable to let go if being wellllllll down right bloody miserable and think of the likes of Norwich and Bournemouth and brentford as big clubs . This could well be the chance of bringing in someone young full of cockiness and bouncing us up to the premier where we do actually belong . I remember another young cocky bloke his name was Brian clough .

3 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

And yet, by contrast, Alonso himself is reported to have responded to those claims informally, with:
“I am aware of the interview which the owner of Sheffield Wednesday gave today. I do not want to at this stage turn this into a saga so for now will not be formally responding. When the time is right I will give my side of the story with proof.”

So one could surmise that he's a polite and respectful individual, with a wise business head on his young shoulders?

I guess we either believe/place our trust in one side or the other, or bide our time until hindsight can help us make an informed opinion.

FWIW, I'm going with the latter!  

Well now he's in conflict with VOX claiming they're using his likeness and name wrongly isn't he, for whatever reason they'd do that is beyond my comprehension as he's not a household name and didn't he also claim he was a shareholder in Sheffield Wednesday when in fact he was no such thing but instead attempted to orchestrate a takeover that failed. The fact most Wednesday fans think they've dodged a bullet with this man kind of speaks for itself. 

1 minute ago, Leeds Ram said:

Well now he's in conflict with VOX claiming they're using his likeness and name wrongly isn't he, for whatever reason they'd do that is beyond my comprehension as he's not a household name and didn't he also claim he was a shareholder in Sheffield Wednesday when in fact he was no such thing but instead attempted to orchestrate a takeover that failed. The fact most Wednesday fans think they've dodged a bullet with this man kind of speaks for itself. 

So you think MM hasn’t done due diligence then ! 

Edited by Curtains

9 minutes ago, NottsRammy said:

I really dont understand all the negativity at all . This to me seems like a dream deal and I for one am pretty excited about it . It seems like some Derby fans are unable to let go if being wellllllll down right bloody miserable and think of the likes of Norwich and Bournemouth and brentford as big clubs . This could well be the chance of bringing in someone young full of cockiness and bouncing us up to the premier where we do actually belong . I remember another young cocky bloke his name was Brian clough .

Where we belong...?? 

We are the very definition of a second tier football club.

3 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Perhaps he has done as much due diligence as he did with the last one.

Mate he is the owner like it or not and we have to trust him on this. 
PS Was the owner sorry. 
It’s all done and dusted 

Edited by Curtains

Just now, ThePrisoner said:

Doesn't mean people can't be skeptical though. You're inferring that because Mel's done his due diligence everything will be hunky dory.

Ok point taken 

I believe people are trying to look into the guys politics and trash the deal already .

Do we know his beliefs yet  ! 

3 minutes ago, Curtains said:

Mate he is the owner like it or not and we have to trust him on this. 
PS Was the owner sorry. 
It’s all done and dusted 

You're conflating his authority to sell the club with us trusting his decision making on who he's selling us too. I don't contest the first claim, but I do not trust his judgement on who he's selling us too. 

Just now, Curtains said:

Is their any proof on this then or is it pure speculation!

Not trusting his judgement? Well, there is the failed takeover to suggest his judgement isn't exactly perfect and his general mismanagement of the club that has led us to this point. On the point of not trusting the new owners, I've written a fair few posts on why I'm wary of this 'fixer' whose backers still remain unknown. 

16 minutes ago, NottsRammy said:

Out of interest, why do you think it seems "a dream deal"? There's very little in the public domain about how the deal is structured, what funds will be made available, future strategy, etc. I'm genuinely interested in how you've come to such a positive conclusion given the lack of information at hand.

Just now, Leeds Ram said:

Not trusting his judgement? Well, there is the failed takeover to suggest his judgement isn't exactly perfect and his general mismanagement of the club that has led us to this point. On the point of not trusting the new owners, I've written a fair few posts on why I'm wary of this 'fixer' whose backers still remain unknown. 

He has said he doesn’t talk about the Sheff Wed situation  at the moment as there is no point .

He may talk at a later date but wants the Derby takeover to go smoothly.

Why do you need to know about his backers is that protocol.