El DerbyCo

roboto

Further information from the article. 29 year old Spaniard, previously involved as advisor at Sheffield Wednesday and had deal rejected to purchase them. Has funds immediately ready to send over for the takeover to happen, won't involve any debt or borrowing.

10 minutes ago, tinman said:

In advanced talks with Erik Alonso according to The Athletic

His company doesn't have a website - That worries me

https://www.wbdsports.com/

Who doesn't have a website these days?!?!?

8 minutes ago, Shang said:

Further information from the article. 29 year old Spaniard, previously involved as advisor at Sheffield Wednesday and had deal rejected to purchase them. Has funds immediately ready to send over for the takeover to happen, won't involve any debt or borrowing.

The deal for Sheff Weds was apparently him fronting it for investors from Indonesia - Would imagine it's the same people since it's not long since Sheff Weds turned him down

It looks like his SWFC bid was with the backing of an Indonesian consortium and Alonso fronting it.

He was brought in as an "advisor" by Chansiri at Wednesday, although I'm not sure when. It could be of some concern if he advised actions which has since left them with a points deduction and second-bottom though...

However I wouldn't necessarily look negatively on him purely because of his relationship with Chansiri, he's hardly stood out as one of the better owners to pass the EFL's fit and proper persons test of recent times.

Just been doing a bit of a reading regarding his failed Sheff Weds bid.

• Chansiri didn't want to sell regardless so there was no chance of it happening
  • Alonso was the face and representative of an Indonesian consortium of buyers
  • Bid was around 25-30 million, Chansiri said it would take substantially more to buy
  • There was a big public falling out after this bid failed