El DerbyCo

roboto

4 hours ago, Nuwtfly said:

Seeing as you’re in/from Spain, your insight is massively appreciated ?

I don’t know much about the Vox Party, and don’t want to delve into politics on here at all really. I’m more concerned by Alonso’s excuse...”they’re using my name and likeness?” Really, fella? Why would they do that? Smells a bit fishy to me...

Identity theft is not a joke - millions of families suffer every year. 

angry the office GIF

Edited by Ramos

5 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

If you listened to it, he definitely stumbled when asked about Rooney, and said we’ve got to stay in the league first and the players and Rooney have his full support in doing that. From listening to it live, I didn’t exactly take it as a ringing endorsement for Rooney. You may therefore have your wish!! ?

I wouldn't be surprised if the new ownership have someone they'd want to install as manager once they get their hands on the club. Takeover groups often do and as much as I actually think a) Rooney has done a decent enough job and b) the team is not really there to show much beyond making them able to sirvive this season, he's hardly making himself unsackably brilliant either. It's an unforgiving business Wayne, and getting pumped out by new owners unfairly has happened to more than one manager.

23 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

I would look at foreign markets. It worked for TBE and Wolves are a predominately Portuguese squad.

Would like to see a Croatian playmaker and two or three other international players from lower ranked countries. That’s where the value is rather than splashing millions on Championship players.

Also playing them in there best positions would be a major improvement.

spot on mate , dont think the Croatian market is tapped up enough , also Sweden and Denmark are possible for bargains

30 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

I would look at foreign markets. It worked for TBE and Wolves are a predominately Portuguese squad.

Would like to see a Croatian playmaker and two or three other international players from lower ranked countries. That’s where the value is rather than splashing millions on Championship players.

Also playing them in there best positions would be a major improvement.

not sure but doesn't Bre><it have an impact  on work permits.  Had a look ? at the guidance notes and it is quite complex

Rough transcription of interview

"Of course hardly a day goes by and we don't hear about another perspective of club takeover an early run we were talking about Darby County Mel Morris, the outgoing owner has reportedly sold the club to Spanish businessman Eric Alonso, but of course Derby fans and fans of other clubs always get a bit nervous these days when it comes to fit and proper and who is the gentleman who's coming in so in this case the question is.

Who is Derby's perspective new owner Eric Alonso well let's find out. Eric good morning,

EA - "hello good morning, how are you"

JW - "very good, thank you. Eric thank you so much for joining us live on talk sport. I'm with the the former owner of Crystal Palace who's with me every day. Simon Jordan fans will be listening in big numbers why Darby County, why did you want the club?"

EA - "The group history speaks by himself, you know, so I cannot say anything else there is a sleeping year and we hope we can bring there be back to all days, you know, the success is yeah and I I believe that"

JW - "you you're you're very into you're very keen sportsman yourself and of course you're also involved in the world of boxing as well as football is that right"

EA - "yeah like that's right yeah"

JW- "you you're a high profile people who work for you, it's my understanding you don't need to give me any detail but you come from a well a wealthy family in Spain."
EA - "You know, I don't like to talk at all about that, you know, but okay, we are we are okay"

JW- "you're okay"

EA-"let's say we're okay"

JW-"and then if you have a message for Derby fans before Simon says, hi what would the message to Derby County fans be?"

EA-"Normally what they say these yes don't trust my words but let me work, you know, I will prove my worth with say with my daily work so they will see what we do"

SJ- "what are your plans for obvious as you will know as a businessman that going into a football club will require a Derby has required a lot of funding from Mel Morris who I'm sure you know because you're buying the club from him or what what are your plans? Eric are your plans to invest significance amounts of money to push? Wayne Rooney and his management team to get Derby out of the championship into the Premier League.

EA- "What I see yesterday we will take a lot of work right there, as you know, football club needs a big investment yeah even more if you want to have a success so a step by step but what we want is success and try to go to a premier league as soon as possible like I say"

SJ - "Who's gonna run the club Eric do you have a lot of football operators around you who you're gonna put in to run it who's gonna be the chairman is that gonna be you?"

EA- "Yeah for now we are checking all the options. I have a lot of football people around me, you know, so yes, we will have a some someone who is very good and he is well now in world of football and he was also in real Madrid one of the biggest club in the world, so I'm sure the fans will not be disappointed"

JW - "and you are related as an Alonzo, are you related to Xavi Alonso is that the family?"

EA - "Yeah, he's his father it's family of my father. I'm not exactly the the length, you know, because we don't have a strong relationship but yes, we are we are family"

JW- "okay and Eric mentioned Wayne Rooney, do you look forward to having a close relationship with Rooney he's the man you want to be to be managing your club"

EA- "errrrr first of all we have to stay up in the league keep the position in championship but wayne rooney and all the players have my full support and I will back them up always."

JW- "What finally I like what would you say to Derby fans, can you convince them this morning that the club will be in safe hands with Eric Alonso?"

EA- "For sure there the the team is in safe hands, but as I said before, hey just don't trust my words yes allow me to work, you know."

JW - "Eric fair enough we thank you very much for coming"

EA - "can I just say where I say yesterday yeah and this is my message to all the fans first of all, I really appreciate all the message there they are sending to me because they are all always a good words and as I said the good times will return."

50 minutes ago, cstand said:

It would nice to hear what budget we will have for next season as we are desperate for some quality players but we don’t want to be spending silly money on overrated players. Our recruitment process is the biggest problem and has been for a long time let’s hope it vastly improves under the new owners. 

I suspect that given that Mel Morris will no longer be involved that recruitment will necessarily be quite different.

If you catch my drift.

36 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

If you listened to it, he definitely stumbled when asked about Rooney, and said we’ve got to stay in the league first and the players and Rooney have his full support in doing that. From listening to it live, I didn’t exactly take it as a ringing endorsement for Rooney. You may therefore have your wish!! ?

Didn't he have a big showdown (that partly led to his exit) with The Owls owner as he wanted to bring Paul Cook in and the owner went with Pulis, who he sacked a few weeks later?

40 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

I don't think Conway or anyone should be publishing pieces until they can fully verify how much money there is, who is backing him and an actual clarified roadmap for the club that can be produced. We need a rigorous investigation into this bloke and his revenue sources immediately to make sure this doesn't blow up in our faces. Going off what he's saying is a classic error and the guy seems like a chancer- SBW dug up some quotes from the Sheffield Wednesday chairman saying they couldn't keep him on as he was untrustworthy and he promised things he couldn't deliver on. The whole guys profile and attitude screams mendacious charlatan if you ask me. 

If he had so much money himself why was he merely an advisor at Sheffield Wednesday and forced out the club due to broken promises?  If he's the real deal why has no-one been able to get much information on his net worth for example? Why does his actual company have a couple of quid in the bank and his footballing agency atm represents such massive names as John Flanagan... None of this screams like he's a 'big player' 

Now, I'm a pretty cynical guy - But it really seems like you're actively looking for a conspiracy theory here

No-one has ANY obligation to release any financial information to us - And we don't make any decisions about the club - It seems a little odd that you expect that - One would assume that Morris and Co have at least seen the chaps bank balance and (more importantly) have shown that they won't sell up until money hits their account, so he'll need to have some

The Sheff Weds thing is pretty one sided - He obviously had a falling out with their ownership and they then came out and said bad things about him - That's hardly a shock...

He's obviously a bit of a Bamford, but then aren't all rich lads who've grown up being funded by their dad? I find the most reassuring thing to be his links with Real Madrid - If his dad is (as reported) a former member of the board at Real then it proves his family have some football pedigree and gives us some reassurance - regardless of your personal opinions on the way his social media profile looks

26 minutes ago, Premier ram said:

spot on mate , dont think the Croatian market is tapped up enough , also Sweden and Denmark are possible for bargains

I’ve never understood who we are allowed to sign and who we aren’t - especially post-Brexit.

Just now, RamNut said:

I’ve never understood who we are allowed to sign and who we aren’t - especially post-Brexit.

there is an elaborate scoring system required to meet the standards expected, international status, quality of the country, football club etc.  Apart from Eire all other countries are now the same I think

8 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Now, I'm a pretty cynical guy - But it really seems like you're actively looking for a conspiracy theory here

No-one has ANY obligation to release any financial information to us - And we don't make any decisions about the club - It seems a little odd that you expect that - One would assume that Morris and Co have at least seen the chaps bank balance and (more importantly) have shown that they won't sell up until money hits their account, so he'll need to have some

The Sheff Weds thing is pretty one sided - He obviously had a falling out with their ownership and they then came out and said bad things about him - That's hardly a shock...

He's obviously a bit of a Bamford, but then aren't all rich lads who've grown up being funded by their dad? I find the most reassuring thing to be his links with Real Madrid - If his dad is (as reported) a former member of the board at Real then it proves his family have some football pedigree and gives us some reassurance - regardless of your personal opinions on the way his social media profile looks

I think being sceptical about a guy whose only known involvement with an English club ended with him leaving, being accused of broken promises and called an untrustworthy individual is sensible. Morris and co also saw BZI and greenlit that until it went down the pan so excuse me if i don't place much confidence in their judgement. I'm not being a conspiracy theorist (for instance I'm not claiming he's going to rip off the club or asset strip) but I'm questioning some unknown man with an unknown consortium coming in and taking over the club.

What do we actually know factually about this man is what I'm getting at? Apart from his own claims, he's been a non-listed director at a club in Indonesia (didn't appear on the website) has worked as boxing promoter and allegedly has connections with a far right Spanish political party. His 'sports agency' doesn't have a website and claims to represent a few out of contract or small time players. No-one seems to know if he actually has any money (most reports lean towards he doesn't and is a 'fixer'). 

Btw, Spanish clubs seem to be financially amongst the most mismanaged in European football so if that's his background I'm hardly excited. 

I don’t think you can take anything about his attitude towards Rooney from that. Although his English is pretty good,he still gets words wrong and hesitates to find the right word. I think he’s wise to not make any sweeping comments about the club, manager and players and leave himself having to change them when he knows the situation better. I thought he came over as being quite excited and trying to not be over enthusiastic.

As he says and other posters have said he will be judged by his works - and he most definitely will be! I just feel that I’ll wait and see. You’d think we were good at waiting, all the practice we’ve had!

I maybe being a brick thick/naive but Regardless of any bona fides of our new owners. Can someone explain to me how investment can be made in to the club without falling foul of FFP ? 

I sort of get the feeling .. even if we have a wealthy new owner who is going put 50 million in to playing staff we then promptly get points deducted from FFP because we are still losing money had over fist. How do you alter the PL if with a full stadium you are losing 10-12 million a year. Which we were ?  

5 minutes ago, jono said:

I maybe being a brick thick/naive but Regardless of any bona fides of our new owners. Can someone explain to me how investment can be made in to the club without falling foul of FFP ? 

I sort of get the feeling .. even if we have a wealthy new owner who is going put 50 million in to playing staff we then promptly get points deducted from FFP because we are still losing money had over fist. How do you alter the PL if with a full stadium you are losing 10-12 million a year. Which we were ?  

You are not being thick, perfectly legitimate question that I don't have an answer to....

1 hour ago, Leeds Ram said:

... Going off what he's saying is a classic error and the guy seems like a chancer- SBW dug up some quotes from the Sheffield Wednesday chairman saying they couldn't keep him on as he was untrustworthy and he promised things he couldn't deliver on. The whole guys profile and attitude screams mendacious charlatan if you ask me. 

And yet, by contrast, Alonso himself is reported to have responded to those claims informally, with:
“I am aware of the interview which the owner of Sheffield Wednesday gave today. I do not want to at this stage turn this into a saga so for now will not be formally responding. When the time is right I will give my side of the story with proof.”

So one could surmise that he's a polite and respectful individual, with a wise business head on his young shoulders?

I guess we either believe/place our trust in one side or the other, or bide our time until hindsight can help us make an informed opinion.

FWIW, I'm going with the latter!