El DerbyCo

roboto

4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Simon Jordan has no problem calling things as he sees them does he, so that's interesting.

It’s too early to call it. The sensible option will be wait until the intentions of the new owners are declared by themselves in public. The jury is still out as far I am concerned hopefully it will not end in tears Just my personal opinion.

26 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

I am not sure about this Alonso chap.

Rooney is still in situ, and the club haven’t even started selling DCFC branded bottles of tinto de verano.

I’ve not even got one of those computer generated e-mails wishing me a happy birthday either.

I have to say, the signs don’t look good! League 1 and financial collapse beckons.

Congratulations on another lap of the sun without being killed!

I think I've figured it out! 

Simon Jordan said that he's heard it from a very very very very good source that Alonso is the real deal and has loads of money backing him so maybe he personally knows one of the financial backers?

Simon Jordan once bought a car from the Sultan of Brunei who we know has an invested interest in football owning the only professional football club in Brunei (Duli Pengiran Muda Mahkota Football Club). His Grandson (Faiq Bolkiah) used to play for Leicester City so he has an affinity with the East Midlands. Maybe he wants to invest in a British team in the East Midlands? Maybe that's Simon Jordan's source??

3 hours ago, Heisenberg said:

Looks like he’s done an interview with a Spanish newspaper regarding the takeover.

Says the deal could be even be closed as early as tomorrow:

https://www.football24.news/premier-league/209300/erik-alonso-the-spanish-boxer-exiled-in-indonesia-who-has-bought-Derby-county-2.html

“When you enter a club it is to invest. What we are not going to do is throw money away. I am not going to promise to bring Messi or Ronaldo because it is unrealistic..."

200.gif

1 hour ago, Jourdan said:

I am not sure about this Alonso chap.

Rooney is still in situ, and the club haven’t even started selling DCFC branded bottles of tinto de verano.

I’ve not even got one of those computer generated e-mails wishing me a happy birthday either.

I have to say, the signs don’t look good! League 1 and financial collapse beckons.

Happy Birthday.

8 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

“When you enter a club it is to invest. What we are not going to do is throw money away. I am not going to promise to bring Messi or Ronaldo because it is unrealistic..."

200.gif

It would nice to hear what budget we will have for next season as we are desperate for some quality players but we don’t want to be spending silly money on overrated players. Our recruitment process is the biggest problem and has been for a long time let’s hope it vastly improves under the new owners. 

I would look at foreign markets. It worked for TBE and Wolves are a predominately Portuguese squad.

Would like to see a Croatian playmaker and two or three other international players from lower ranked countries. That’s where the value is rather than splashing millions on Championship players.

Also playing them in there best positions would be a major improvement.

Edited by hintonsboots

Still not sure exactly what to make of this. That article in the Athletic this morning makes it sound a lot more promising - he’s clearly actually got the money to do the deal, unlike the fake Sheikh, and some of it is actually his and his families own money as well, not just a background consortium. But it’s good that it’s not just one man making all the decisions as well, sounds like he’s got people supporting him in the background - his dad sounds like he’s got a decent amount of experience in running a football club, which will probably be more useful than having Mel advising him.

It all seems a bit more professional than the previous takeover attempt, at least we’ve actually had some communication from the interested party this time. Still can’t shake the feeling there’s a disaster coming though, going by some of the Sheffield Wednesday fans reactions...

Do think this deal will actually go through this time, so I guess only time will tell.

I don't think Conway or anyone should be publishing pieces until they can fully verify how much money there is, who is backing him and an actual clarified roadmap for the club that can be produced. We need a rigorous investigation into this bloke and his revenue sources immediately to make sure this doesn't blow up in our faces. Going off what he's saying is a classic error and the guy seems like a chancer- SBW dug up some quotes from the Sheffield Wednesday chairman saying they couldn't keep him on as he was untrustworthy and he promised things he couldn't deliver on. The whole guys profile and attitude screams mendacious charlatan if you ask me. 

If he had so much money himself why was he merely an advisor at Sheffield Wednesday and forced out the club due to broken promises?  If he's the real deal why has no-one been able to get much information on his net worth for example? Why does his actual company have a couple of quid in the bank and his footballing agency atm represents such massive names as John Flanagan... None of this screams like he's a 'big player' 

5 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

I would look at foreign markets. It worked for TBE and Wolves are a predominately Portuguese squad.

Would like to see a Croatian playmaker and two or three other international players from lower ranked countries. That’s where the value is rather than splashing millions on Championship players.

Also playing them in there best positions would be a major improvement.

Two words sum up a major problem for lower-league clubs seeking to bring in 'below the radar' European talent now...

Work

Permits

8 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Giving Rooney his full support? Knew this guy was a charlatan! ?

If you listened to it, he definitely stumbled when asked about Rooney, and said we’ve got to stay in the league first and the players and Rooney have his full support in doing that. From listening to it live, I didn’t exactly take it as a ringing endorsement for Rooney. You may therefore have your wish!! ?

Edited by BramcoteRam84