El DerbyCo

roboto

4 hours ago, Leeds Ram said:

I've never met the man and it's not hate it's simply critiquing aspects of his journalism. Getting something from those involved can actually be detrimental if it allows the subject to spin a story that's riddled with falsehoods but makes them appear credible due to a lack of scrutiny. It bothers me that journalists are prepared to interview people without doing a fact check that even some people on twitter managed to do- publishing interviews whilst being unprepared is basically journalistic malpractice. 

I don't care much for his stories but I think theres a certain irony in questioning his articles because you've read something else on Twitter, I'm not sure it is renowned for being the most reliable form of media.

13 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I don't care much for his stories but I think theres a certain irony in questioning his articles because you've read something else on Twitter, I'm not sure it is renowned for being the most reliable form of media.

I can't be bothered to find the thread but it was based on conversations they'd had with Alonso and pooling together various resources from during his dealings with Sheffield wednesday (it was a sheffield wednesday fan who'd also contacted other journalists)- it just happened to be displayed as a thread on twitter. 

48 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

I can't be bothered to find the thread but it was based on conversations they'd had with Alonso and pooling together various resources from during his dealings with Sheffield wednesday (it was a sheffield wednesday fan who'd also contacted other journalists)- it just happened to be displayed as a thread on twitter. 

Ive not read it but isnt KMs article based on a conversation with Alonso?

On 11/06/2021 at 19:46, BucksRam said:

To be fair yeah pretty remote with only a basic understanding of the rules.  I agree with your Lonnie Donegan quote, I'd even add

Now here's a little story
To tell it is a must
About an unsung zero
That moves away your trust....

To continue...

Now here's a little story
To tell it is a must
About an unsung zero
That moves away your trust....

Some people have a fortune

Others earn a mint

But Eric doesn't have much

In fact he's flippin' skint

13 hours ago, MrPlinkett said:

Or the fact he was under investigation for match fixing. Ok hes been found not guilty but surely should have been told he would have to wait until the charge was dropped or he was found not guilty. 

Are you talking about the man who holds the European record for cocaine shipments? Or was it heroin?, Either way, it was a record!

In the current situation, less resistance to the change could blow someone’s fuse. More insulation and a bit more armour would be a conduit to trunking out more, and there’d be low smoke and fumes. Employing Flemings right hand rule might get things rotating in the right direction without too much torque. If I was Mel I’d get the double gang out, create a direct short and get some sparks flying. 

40 minutes ago, Abu Derby said:

In the current situation, less resistance to the change could blow someone’s fuse. More insulation and a bit more armour would be a conduit to trunking out more, and there’d be low smoke and fumes. Employing Flemings right hand rule might get things rotating in the right direction without too much torque. If I was Mel I’d get the double gang out, create a direct short and get some sparks flying. 

I miss the AbuDerby thread.

On 11/06/2021 at 23:51, Boycie said:

Well my accountant told me a few years ago that if you deposited more than £6.5k in cash in a uk bank account that the bank was duty bound by the CPS to notify them of it.

Sound advice.

On 12/06/2021 at 09:20, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Price of an electrician to fit an extra socket I've heard...... 

On 12/06/2021 at 14:24, Van der MoodHoover said:

150 quid for the socket, 6 grand to maintain his offshore tax efficient structure.... 🤣

... and the remaining £350 for a new calculator?