El DerbyCo

roboto

1 minute ago, Leeds Ram said:

Except it wasn't a 'tricky divorce' it was essentially him being fired from his old job of advising a club in our position because of false promises according to the owner. If someone got a reference from their old boss calling them untrustworthy, dishonest, and a liability I wouldn't be welcoming them with open arms. It's not a romantic relationship where feelings become much more personalised and difficult to untangle. The fact that the fans of sheffield wednesday don't seem to be great fans of this guy should give us some reason to think too. 

It's not some random on twitter lying about his political views, it can be seen through his own activity on social media. 

So, the guy running our club is going to be a daddy's rich boy who doesn't think practically? I find it more suspicious given that he's got a business degree and an MA in sports management, you'd have thought that would have taught him some practicalities of business like setting up a website? The fact most of his clients in that role are almost unheard of players bothers me too. 

I mean has anyone actually verified his dad's role at Madrid and what is was? Again, Spanish clubs appear to be amongst the most financially mismanaged on the continent so even if it is true that hardly inspires me with confidence. 

So what’s you alternative for MM . 

Would it be administration then because make no mistake if MM pulled the financial plug that’s what would happen 

Just now, Curtains said:

So what’s you alternative for MM . 

Would it be administration then because make no mistake if MM pulled the financial plug that’s what would happen 

I don't know, I don't have any contacts in the football buyers market. Not having a solution for who owns the club isn't a reason not to be sceptical about the unknown and one known person who are coming in. 

Just now, Leeds Ram said:

That's changing the question- do we know we're on the brink of administration? I thought Mel said he'd fund the club until he'd found a suitable buyer? If we are on the brink of administration it just further backs up my argument that we're being sold off quickly and that heightens the possibility of an unwise sale. 

You well know Mel wanted to sell and he has his reasons that we should respect as fans .

We have to trust his judgment on this .

The EFL will decide on fit and proper right ! 

Just now, Curtains said:

You well know Mel wanted to sell and he has his reasons that we should respect as fans .

Yes but the EFL fit and proper isn't fit for purpose if the Sheik passed it (along with the many other chancers who have ruined clubs)

13 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

You mean you don't want to know who is actually funding the club going forward? You're perfectly happy to have some mystery owners we know absolutely nothing about?

Personally, I'd be running a million miles from this guy- he's got no record of actually running any clubs outside of Indonesia (where he wasn't listed on the website for the one club he's a director) his 'sports agency' has no functioning website and reportedly only has a few small clients and he reportedly has some very dodgy political associations. The only club he's been involved with in this country he was essentially fired from to put it bluntly for false promises and going above his paygrade.

Given Mel's desire to sell up seemingly to anyone who can cobble together some evidence of the fee required to take on the club I'm not putting much stock in his judgement. This bloke screams mendacious charlatan if you ask me and I'm very nervous about this. 

I wonder if Leicester fans wanted to know this before they won the premier league . Jesus some folks are never happy . 

I don't know, I don't have any contacts in the football buyers market. Not having a solution for who owns the club isn't a reason not to be sceptical about the unknown and one known person who are coming in. 

You can be sceptical if you want but your negatively might be depressing others .

I want to be upbeat thanks 

1 minute ago, ThePrisoner said:

Yes but the EFL fit and proper isn't fit for purpose if the Sheik passed it (along with the many other chancers who have ruined clubs)

What would you want to do about it .

You need alternative solutions don’t you  

1 minute ago, Curtains said:

Mel's reasons for selling are his own but why on earth should we just 'trust mel' after we've had a failed takeover that lasted what felt like a lifetime because they couldn't come up with the money? 

Please tell me you're joking... the EFL's 'fit and proper' persons test basically led Bury to extinction and got Wigan into financial ruin. It's clearly  nowhere near sufficient enough to ensure proper custodianship of a club. 

1 minute ago, NottsRammy said:

I'm genuinely interested about the facts that say this deal is nothing to get excited about or the bloke is a bad un . It all seems just puffs of smoke and nothing concrete . Your own question right back at you , I'm waiting for a reply ??????. Like I've said people seem determined to be well miserable , I think Derby fans have become so use to bad news they actually want it . Think their are alot of Stockholm syndrome Derby fans on here determined not to be positive or crack a smile . 

I'll wait to know what the deal actually involves first. It's not 'miserable' to wait for more facts and make a considered judgement, but if you're very excited about it already and consider it a "dream deal" then good for you. Perhaps I'm just naturally cautious.

Mel's reasons for selling are his own but why on earth should we just 'trust mel' after we've had a failed takeover that lasted what felt like a lifetime because they couldn't come up with the money? 

Please tell me you're joking... the EFL's 'fit and proper' persons test basically led Bury to extinction and got Wigan into financial ruin. It's clearly  nowhere near sufficient enough to ensure proper custodianship of a club. 

You don’t think with players wages not being paid we weren’t far off ruin then. 

How I feel about this is that I'm cautiously optimistic but cautious and skeptical because one; we don't know the full ins and outs and probably never will, two; certain elements of his characters have come to light in the last day and thirdly; who would want to plunge money into a Championship money pit where the odds are in no ones favour on a return on investment upon promotion.

I'll look forward to seeing what happens but I don't think being cautious and skeptical is a particularly bad thing that could possibly see more damage inflicted upon the club that brings us all here. I was skeptical and cautious when EVERY owner of the last 20+ years bought the club and that won't change. 

It doesn't mean I'm never happy or miserable.

Just now, Curtains said:

You don’t think with players wages not being paid we weren’t far off ruin then. 

Again you're just asking a question that I both don't know and isn't relevant to my points. If Mel can no longer fund the club due to his own money issues that just means we should trust his judgement less on who he's selling us too as he'd be extremely desperate to offload us. 

1 minute ago, Leeds Ram said:

Again you're just asking a question that I both don't know and isn't relevant to my points. If Mel can no longer fund the club due to his own money issues that just means we should trust his judgement less on who he's selling us too as he'd be extremely desperate to offload us. 

You need to tell me Mels options.

Come on tell me  

1 minute ago, ThePrisoner said:

No because that was due to the Sheik advising they would be taking over the payroll and that never happened so Mel had to sort that out. Not that the accounts were empty.

You really think Mel would carry on funding the club forevermore.

No he wanted to sell. 

2 minutes ago, Curtains said:

You need to tell me Mels options.

Come on tell me  

Reportedly by John Percy there were numerous offers including a 'dream bid' on the table for the club. Why Mel has chosen this offer it's unknown and could be for one of a variety of factors. Being sceptical about the unknown new owners and their known 'frontman' doesn't mean I have to present you with concrete options for immediate alternative ownership. 

You can't at once say 'trust Mel he'll do the right thing' and then in the next sentence say 'he's desperate to get rid and we're on the brink of ruin' those two arguments are contradictory. You need to pick one and stick with it. 

Edited by Leeds Ram

Just now, ThePrisoner said:

I don't believe I said that at all or in any of my posts.

I can’t understand where you are coming from .

You want to be sceptical that’s your choice .

I don’t. 

I am asking you to tell me what Mels options where considering he wanted to sell the club .