El DerbyCo

roboto

1 minute ago, Curtains said:

He has said he doesn’t talk about the Sheff Wed situation  at the moment as there is no point .

He may talk at a later date but wants the Derby takeover to go smoothly.

Why do you need to know about his backers is that protocol.

You mean you don't want to know who is actually funding the club going forward? You're perfectly happy to have some mystery owners we know absolutely nothing about?

Personally, I'd be running a million miles from this guy- he's got no record of actually running any clubs outside of Indonesia (where he wasn't listed on the website for the one club he's a director) his 'sports agency' has no functioning website and reportedly only has a few small clients and he reportedly has some very dodgy political associations. The only club he's been involved with in this country he was essentially fired from to put it bluntly for false promises and going above his paygrade.

Given Mel's desire to sell up seemingly to anyone who can cobble together some evidence of the fee required to take on the club I'm not putting much stock in his judgement. This bloke screams mendacious charlatan if you ask me and I'm very nervous about this. 

1 hour ago, Leeds Ram said:

I think being sceptical about a guy whose only known involvement with an English club ended with him leaving, being accused of broken promises and called an untrustworthy individual is sensible. Morris and co also saw BZI and greenlit that until it went down the pan so excuse me if i don't place much confidence in their judgement. I'm not being a conspiracy theorist (for instance I'm not claiming he's going to rip off the club or asset strip) but I'm questioning some unknown man with an unknown consortium coming in and taking over the club.

You could throw that accusation at anyone who's gone through a tricky 'divorce' - You're choosing to believe the side who decided to throw mud rather than the quite measured statement he released after leaving

I'm not pretending this guy is some saviour or that he definitely knows what he's doing - But why do you automatically believe the word of the chaps from Sheff Weds? People who Sheff Weds fans don't seem to be overly fond of

1 hour ago, Leeds Ram said:

What do we actually know factually about this man is what I'm getting at? Apart from his own claims, he's been a non-listed director at a club in Indonesia (didn't appear on the website) has worked as boxing promoter and allegedly has connections with a far right Spanish political party. His 'sports agency' doesn't have a website and claims to represent a few out of contract or small time players. No-one seems to know if he actually has any money (most reports lean towards he doesn't and is a 'fixer'). 

You ask what facts we know about and use a speculation by some random on twitter as one of them? That isn't a fact

I raised the website thing weeks ago - And I do find that suspicious - But some agencies don't have an online presence - He's probably some daddy's boy rich kid who doesn't think of practicalities like that

I'm not buying into the guy but at least present something close to a balanced argument - You're ignoring a lot of stuff (his dad's links to Real Madrid) and then quoting bitter 'ex-lovers' and internet rumour as fact...

1 minute ago, Leeds Ram said:

You mean you don't want to know who is actually funding the club going forward? You're perfectly happy to have some mystery owners we know absolutely nothing about?

Personally, I'd be running a million miles from this guy- he's got no record of actually running any clubs outside of Indonesia (where he wasn't listed on the website for the one club he's a director) his 'sports agency' has no functioning website and reportedly only has a few small clients and he reportedly has some very dodgy political associations. The only club he's been involved with in this country he was essentially fired from to put it bluntly for false promises and going above his paygrade.

Given Mel's desire to sell up seemingly to anyone who can cobble together some evidence of the fee required to take on the club I'm not putting much stock in his judgement. This bloke screams mendacious charlatan if you ask me and I'm very nervous about this. 

But apart from all that, a good appointment in your view?????????????

23 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

Well now he's in conflict with VOX claiming they're using his likeness and name wrongly isn't he, for whatever reason they'd do that is beyond my comprehension as he's not a household name and didn't he also claim he was a shareholder in Sheffield Wednesday when in fact he was no such thing but instead attempted to orchestrate a takeover that failed. The fact most Wednesday fans think they've dodged a bullet with this man kind of speaks for itself. 

Just be thankful it wasn't "most Leeds fans"!  There's a hell of a lot more of them!  

5 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

You would have preferred administration then maybe .

4 hours ago, CBRammette said:

Just have feeling of doom about this. Not based on anything but instinct especially having just googled Matt Southall. Wouldnt it be great if something simple and lovely happened to our club for once. Really fed up with it

Being optimistic, I suppose that just because Matt Southall is trying to get in on the deal doesn't mean he will. I expect people who are in the market for clubs get approached by chancers all the time saying they can make introductions, or offering their 'expert' services as football executives or whatnot.

Just now, cheron85 said:

You could throw that accusation at anyone who's gone through a tricky 'divorce' - You're choosing to believe the side who decided to throw mud rather than the quite measured statement he released after leaving

I'm not pretending this guy is some saviour or that he definitely knows what he's doing - But why do you automatically believe the word of the chaps from Sheff Weds? People who Sheff Weds fans don't seem to be overly fond of

You ask what facts we know about and use a speculation by some random on twitter as one of them? That isn't a fact

I raised the website thing weeks ago - And I do find that suspicious - But some agencies don't have an online presence - He's probably some daddy's boy rich kid who doesn't think of practicalities like that

I'm not buying into the guy but at least present something close to a balanced argument - You're ignoring a lot of stuff (his dad's links to Real Madrid) and then quoting bitter 'ex-lovers' and internet rumour as fact...

Except it wasn't a 'tricky divorce' it was essentially him being fired from his old job of advising a club in our position because of false promises according to the owner. If someone got a reference from their old boss calling them untrustworthy, dishonest, and a liability I wouldn't be welcoming them with open arms. It's not a romantic relationship where feelings become much more personalised and difficult to untangle. The fact that the fans of sheffield wednesday don't seem to be great fans of this guy should give us some reason to think too. 

It's not some random on twitter lying about his political views, it can be seen through his own activity on social media. 

So, the guy running our club is going to be a daddy's rich boy who doesn't think practically? I find it more suspicious given that he's got a business degree and an MA in sports management, you'd have thought that would have taught him some practicalities of business like setting up a website? The fact most of his clients in that role are almost unheard of players bothers me too. 

I mean has anyone actually verified his dad's role at Madrid and what is was? Again, Spanish clubs appear to be amongst the most financially mismanaged on the continent so even if it is true that hardly inspires me with confidence. 

11 minutes ago, Olton Ram said:

Out of interest, why do you think it seems "a dream deal"? There's very little in the public domain about how the deal is structured, what funds will be made available, future strategy, etc. I'm genuinely interested in how you've come to such a positive conclusion given the lack of information at hand.

I'm genuinely interested about the facts that say this deal is nothing to get excited about or the bloke is a bad un . It all seems just puffs of smoke and nothing concrete . Your own question right back at you , I'm waiting for a reply ??????. Like I've said people seem determined to be well miserable , I think Derby fans have become so use to bad news they actually want it . Think their are alot of Stockholm syndrome Derby fans on here determined not to be positive or crack a smile . 

1 minute ago, Curtains said:

You would have preferred administration then maybe .

That's changing the question- do we know we're on the brink of administration? I thought Mel said he'd fund the club until he'd found a suitable buyer? If we are on the brink of administration it just further backs up my argument that we're being sold off quickly and that heightens the possibility of an unwise sale.