El DerbyCo

roboto

11 minutes ago, Geoff Parkstone said:

At the moment the ground is owned by one of Mel's Gellaw companies.  It's then leased back to the club on a long term underpriced deal.

The new owners might buy it, or they might not.  We will have to see.  If they buy it, they may keep it in a separate group or put it back in the club or a subsidiary.  Who knows but I guess all options are open.

But Mel's going to want 80m and if he sells it for significantly less, can the EFL use that to reopen the "valuation" argument?

If he keeps PP, I wonder what nasties lurk in that cheap leaseback?

I wouldn't worry about that. He could swap the ground for a packet of crisps if he likes.  Irrelevant to the purchase price.

2 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Would the EFL just waive it through so they can get on with their real job of ruining the days of as many clubs as they can?

I mean that would require some competency, I imagine they just accidentally signed the wrong piece of paper and were too embarrassed to reverse their 'decision'. 

18 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Give over ?
Rooney was miles better than Dave.

I defer to your superior knowledge even though:

• you weren’t there and never saw him (think Stimac x 5)
  • you have seen how crap Rooney was but still cling to the belief that he was better than Mackay ?

you are kind of missing the point though

firstly, Dave Mackay was the manager’s choice. Wayne Rooney wasn’t. Wayne Rooney was the chairman’s choice.

secondly. We were failing to comply with ffp and had had to sell the stadium to get us out of a hole before then committing 80k per week on one player. Yes, part funded by gambling company. But when we should be getting wages down and we are in deep financial trouble, the move is financially reckless. Since when was it the chairman’s job to the sign the centre forward?

17 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Beefburgers and chips in the concourse to be replaced as half time noms.

We'll be going up to the bar and saying "Give us a Nasi, miduk."

"Nasi Uduk, miduk?"

"No, Goreng, miduk."

"No such thing as Goreng Uduk, miduk. We've got Nasi Goreng or Nasi Uduk miduk."

Could get messy.

OMG Eddie you smashed out the ball park on that one.

2 minutes ago, RamNut said:

I defer to your superior knowledge even though:

• you weren’t there and never saw him (think Stimac x 5)
  • you have seen how crap Rooney was but still cling to the belief that he was better than Mackay ?

you are kind of missing the point though

firstly, Dave Mackay was the manager’s choice. Wayne Rooney wasn’t. Wayne Rooney was the chairman’s choice.

secondly. We were failing to comply with ffp and had had to sell the stadium to get us out of a hole before then committing 80k per week on one player. Yes, part funded by gambling company. But when we should be getting wages down and we are in deep financial trouble, the move is financially reckless. Since when was it the chairman’s job to the sign the centre forward?

You make it sound like ‘Nam.  You weren’t there man.?

Fully funded by Bet 32 I heard, but I know as much as you on that subject.

How do you know the manager didn’t want him?

1 hour ago, cstand said:

Great to see you turned over a new leaf great post

No new leaf from me. I always thought that GSE did a decent job in improving the club, even if progress was slow.

I'm highly skeptical about this boxing champion though. I don't really want the club to be associated with someone who may well have far right views.

People with far right views are usually unintelligent failures or grifters exploiting the problems of others. Neither seems like a good person to be involved with our club. 

2 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

On the plus side, we can at least move on from the "played for England in the 2000s" thing. I mean seriously, we've had Darren Bent, Frank Lampard, Ashley Cole, Dave Nugent, Wayne Rooney and Scot Carson "in the building" over the last few years....not to mention our current director of football....

There's also still a chance of signing Hart, Milner, Walcott and Young. Can't think of any others from the 2000's who are still playing.

28 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

No new leaf from me. I always thought that GSE did a decent job in improving the club, even if progress was slow.

I'm highly skeptical about this boxing champion though. I don't really want the club to be associated with someone who may well have far right views.

People with far right views are usually unintelligent failures or grifters exploiting the problems of others. Neither seems like a good person to be involved with our club. 

Agreed with GSE very good point,  highly sceptical about our new owner as well very good point. People with extreme views left or right wing views are very dangerous and damaging to our society. People with common sense unfortunately never get their voices heard but you will be glad to know I will continue to buck that trend.

Edited by cstand

6 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

we have lost the stadium?  Please explain what you mean    If our new owner is willing to buy the football club without getting control of the stadium then things are not looking good  

Financially, it makes complete sense not to buy the stadium. 1 off payment of £80m to buy vs £1.1m per season to rent.

23 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

we have lost the stadium?  Please explain what you mean    If our new owner is willing to buy the football club without getting control of the stadium then things are not looking good  

I lost the stadium once.

mind I'd had several pints in Jorrocks, The Tap, The Alex, Brunny, and the Merry Widows beforehand.

3 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Financially, it makes complete sense not to buy the stadium. 1 off payment of £80m to buy vs £1.1m per season to rent.

???   

if the stadium lease is a "good deal" for the club - and if the terms were not amended pre-sale  - then the favourable lease terms mean you pay more for the club shares. It's one enterprise. In any case, probably all driven by MM's tax position

Anyway my point was not about value, the point is: the owner doesn't need the freehold because the lease can give control which is what matters. And no sane owner will buy the club without control of the stadium       Makes no difference who owns the freehold, of course, so long as the lease terms are ok. Likewise it makes no difference to the fans whether the stadium is controlled by the owner or by the club.

I wish people would stop wittering on about this. I don't think much flows from MM's stadium sale, except the minor issue of the EFL proceedings