El DerbyCo

roboto

Morris needs to act now in the best interest of the club. Unless alonso gets 35million into an account the efl won’t let him take this club on. If someone lends it him they will then want to know where it came from and if they have interest In the club how do the efl know they won’t want it straight back. The longer this goes on the longer it takes for someone to get this club which could drag into the summer. We have about 5 players no money to buy anyone. If this isn’t resolved soon and they kick him out and get someone in if we think this season was tough next season will be even worse. 

we will go into next season with an unqualified manager, an assistant manager who loves talking baalocks  but can’t back it up. A first team coach who is a goalkeeper and a guy from the academy who have no experience. Possible points deduction, an owner who you don’t know if one month will pay the players wages. A squad of 6 players and about 6 loans. Anyone else think of anything to add to that 

Edited by Barney1991

6 hours ago, Oldben said:

I would recommend to mel that he pays for a consultancy service like KPMG or deloitte to source a good buyer for the club, they can audit the buyer to make sure they are of good character and have the funds they are experts at handling business issues and would definately be able to find interested people to buy the club.

I'm confident of this as someone who has worked over the years for a number of consultancy firms.

I'd agree - if this was a normal business, but let's be honest - it's not

If the sale offer from Mel was any good, we would have had our hands snapped off by actual real serious business men, and not chancers with shady backgrounds who have already exposed themselves as people who have failed to buy other clubs (because they don't actually have any money)

I doubt any serious consultancies would go anywhere near being involved in trying to sell the club

3 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

Morris needs to act now in the best interest of the club. Unless alonso gets 35million into an account the efl won’t let him take this club on. If someone lends it him they will then want to know where it came from and if they have interest In the club how do the efl know they won’t want it straight back. The longer this goes on the longer it takes for someone to get this club which could drag into the summer. We have about 5 players no money to buy anyone. If this isn’t resolved soon and they kick him out and get someone in if we think this season was tough next season will be even worse. 

we will go into next season with an unqualified manager, an assistant manager who loves talking baalocks  but can’t back it up. A first team coach who is a goalkeeper and a guy from the academy who have no experience. Possible points deduction, an owner who you don’t know if one month will pay the players wages. A squad of 6 players and about 6 loans. Anyone else think of anything to add to that 

ok not that I'm interested in defending Mel but what is he supposed to do?  Best interest of the club is probably to wait until Alonso's option expires then bin him and wait for the next chancer.  All this publicity will not have increased our value

7 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

Lot of assumptions being thrown around.

A big assumption by the media (and the EFL) that by EFL winning their case and forcing us to restate accounts that this means we will breach the £39m limit and be subject to a points deduction. Club and people on here that have crawled through the finances seem confident we’re actually within the limit, therefore no points deduction and this EFL appeal has been a complete waste of everyone’s time.

Another assumption that Mel is going to stop funding us if (should now say when) this takeover doesn’t go through. Even the Mail are conceding Mel will stand behind the club until a buyer is found.

No points deduction, Mel still in situe, pride park open for business again meaning the much needed return of our main revenue stream, a vastly reduced wage bill, hopefully we can start operating within our means. As for the playing squad, with some wheeler dealing and Bielik coming back during the season, should be enough to put a team together capable of survival even with Rooney in charge.

As for any aspirations next season, anything above 21st is a bonus. My expectations have certainly been reset and hopefully as we start getting revenues back on stream and a bit more stable, a credible buyer will come in to try and take us forward.

14 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

What are the current legislations regarding a convicted murderer being a club chairman?

I bet Steve Gibson would think twice before opening his gob, at the very least.

There doesnt seem to be any rules against chairman who like to intimidate referees with the odd occasional fire bomb.

I reckon we are golden with murder.

12 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

What are the current legislations regarding a convicted murderer being a club chairman?

I bet Steve Gibson would think twice before opening his gob, at the very least.

Apparently there is a club that has an alleged drug dealer , mobster , bakery burner and match fixer as chairman so it’s all good as far as the EFL are concerned 

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

Certainly up until 30 June 2018 the money was put in the club via equity.

If reports are true, somehow, despite being owed £80m for the ground, we have managed to accumulate huge debts in the space of 35 months.

From an accounts point of view, I wouldn't bet against a total loss of at least £80m for 18/19, 19/20 and 20/21. With the Covid impact, it probably exceeds £100m to be honest.

I can't be bothered to look at it from an actual cash flow perspective though.

1 hour ago, Barney1991 said:

Morris should have done something months ago, instead of entertaining a pair of jokers

20 hours ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

I understand your sentiment but please don’t forget the fans. We ARE the football club. I remember Clough on ITV, speaking in front of fans protesting against Maxwell, saying that we would be here long after Maxwell was gone. He was right.

Maxwell, Morris, Keogh, Glenn Skivington...we have and will see them all off and will be left standing. We are Derby. We are here because we care and all the mud and poo being thrown at us from all sides can slide off as far as I am concerned because, as much as I dislike it at the moment, I am bonded to and love this football club. So Gibson, EFL, bitter Leeds fans and the twitterati can all sod off. 

Of course, but I'm not particularly proud of the fan reaction currently. The way the fanbase have been tearing strips off each other lately.

I think I just miss being in the ground at this point. I used to be proud of Derby and its fans. And after a win proud of the players. It made my heart swell. There's really nothing like live football.

And throughout this saga I've just felt passive. I love the club, it's in my blood and always will be. But I've just felt like there's nothing I can cheer for. Nothing and nobody I can be proud of. At this point my loyalty is to a club crest.

Insane to think. But I know what you're saying. We'll be back from this. It's not the first crisis this club has had and it won't be the last.

30 minutes ago, Ramathorn said:

I can’t wait to read Mel’s memoirs

What would the title be? Would make a good thread that! (Hint!).

1. Down Derby Way

2. 4 play-off finals and a funeral

3. My part in EFL's downfall

4. How to make a small fortune from football

5. 5 go mad in Derby

6. Sam, a Sheikh, Erik and me

7. A-mortise with me...

Edited by Ellafella

2 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Mel (or another of the companies that he controls) actually owed the club £75m at the time of the last accounts.

So unless he has put more than that amount in to the club in the last 3 years then I cannot see that we could have any sizeable debts to MM or his companies. 

I personally think that the debts are also in companies (with guarantees from the club) but cannot be sure on this.

But the club has guaranteed some of the debt that was raised to pay for the stadium. And the club has assumed the liability to pay rent under the lease

1 hour ago, Spanish said:

ok not that I'm interested in defending Mel but what is he supposed to do?  Best interest of the club is probably to wait until Alonso's option expires then bin him and wait for the next chancer.  All this publicity will not have increased our value

He's supposed to make better decisions with who he makes these sort of agreements with. It took everyone with a passing interest 5 minutes to figure Alonso out when the news broke. How come nobody at the club could do it? 

55 minutes ago, Ramathorn said:

I can’t wait to read Mel’s memoirs

27 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

What would the title be? Would make a good thread that! (Hint!).

1. Down Derby Way

2. 4 play-off finals and a funeral

3. My part in EFL's downfall

4. How to make a small fortune from football

5. 5 go mad in Derby

6. Sam, a Sheikh, Erik and me

7. A-mortise with me...

It is gonna be @HuddersRam follow up to Pride. I'm led to believe it's called Tried. 

Edited by Steve How Hard?