El DerbyCo

roboto

32 minutes ago, Asheville Ram said:

I am struggling to think of any local suppliers that would have been supplying pride park in a pandemic, jobs normally go but outstanding wages are protected as preferential creditors, the main people to get screwed will be HMRC for PAYE, NI and VAT who will take a haircut. Transfer fees owed and players wages will have to paid in full if the club wanted to play in the league.

Debts with security i.e. the ground cannot be touched by the administrator as they are not the property of the club but the property of the charge holder,

I cannot see MM putting the club into administration, he would be better hiding it up and pocketing whatever he could raise.

HMRC always get first dibs. But anyone who is owed money will lose the vast majority of it. We are massively in debt so there is no credit to be shared out. It’s getting to the stage where I don’t care anymore. Can’t believe I’m saying that after 50 odd years as a fan. I feel totally indifferent to the club atm but developing a deeper loathing of Morris by the day. 

I genuinely can't see how MM could do another press conference or interview again given the level of (assumed) embarrassment he must have for the chancers he has engaged with. Fair play if he did but I wouldn't be surprised if we never hear from him publicly again after this charade. Always more of a spotlight on characters like MM who court the attention when things are going well, doing TalkSport interviews and whatever else, and then when it goes south people note the contrast moreso than those who keep a low profile at all times. You can bring these things on yourself unfortunately. I must admit the biggest question mark for me over Mel's tenure is actually how he managed to acquire his wealth in the first place.

14 minutes ago, GenBr said:

So if the club did hypothetically go into administration would that mean we lose the stadium, training ground, etc to the likes of Dell if they've been used as security for the loans we've had to take on?

We’ve lost the stadium already, the trialing ground isn’t ours not sure if we own it

5 minutes ago, 1967RAMS said:

HMRC always get first dibs. But anyone who is owed money will lose the vast majority of it. We are massively in debt so there is no credit to be shared out. It’s getting to the stage where I don’t care anymore. Can’t believe I’m saying that after 50 odd years as a fan. I feel totally indifferent to the club atm but developing a deeper loathing of Morris by the day. 

Football debts take precedence over hmrc 

1 hour ago, HorsforthRam said:

Matt Slater from the Athletic says having spoken to numerous people involved in football finance, the consensus appears to be that no sensible person would by the club until after it’s been into administration. Currently it has too much debt. Administration means screwing jobs, local suppliers (25p in the pound) and losing any goodwill as well as a 12 point deduction that would probably end in relegation. 

Dont forget the 25 pence in the pound on any season ticket refunds yet to be made......

On the plus side, I'm putting together a credible bid to buy Derby County.

I don't have any actual money. I don't have any experience in running a sports team, or in fact any business. I don't have a financial backer, but I hope that by having a deal to buy a business that makes massive losses every year, I will attact some financial muscle.

I am willing to create a tiktok account to engauge with fans.

I don't have a website.

I expect to be on Talksport tomorrow morning explaining how I am going to buy the right players no matter the cost and bring forward a new golden age.

I do not intend to retain the managerial services of Mr Rooney or the current coaching staff.

11 minutes ago, Tombo said:

I don't think there's a single thing about this football club I like at the moment. The players, the coaches, the management, the current ownership, the potential future ownership... all of it is a bitter disappointment.

The U 23s are alright.  Go on watch the highlights of them beating manure to cheer you up, it will honestly 

12 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

On the plus side, I'm putting together a credible bid to buy Derby County.

I don't have any actual money. I don't have any experience in running a sports team, or in fact any business. I don't have a financial backer, but I hope that by having a deal to buy a business that makes massive losses every year, I will attact some financial muscle.

I am willing to create a tiktok account to engauge with fans.

I don't have a website.

I expect to be on Talksport tomorrow morning explaining how I am going to buy the right players no matter the cost and bring forward a new golden age.

I do not intend to retain the managerial services of Mr Rooney or the current coaching staff.

Can I be a silent partner please. I made my money by being a hitman and currently have 50 million in the bank that’s not mine and it’s frozen. I’m right up Derby’s street 

1 minute ago, Barney1991 said:

Can I be a silent partner please. I made my money by being a hitman and currently have 50 million in the bank that’s not mine and it’s frozen. I’m right up Derby’s street 

OK, you're in. You'll be silent in so far as I'll tell everyone you're in, but silent.

I also have a hit list you might be interested in. No, it's not a political coup I'm interested in. It's those deviants who put crisps in the fridge. We must purify our word by purging them.

1 minute ago, Rev said:

I'm sorry, but this club is no place for someone who hits the target with such frequency.

Does that include hitting the target that we too could have more court cases and stories written about as more times than we have won this season. I’m even willing to get on tik tok of Tottenham’s new stadium and say this is where Derby will play and it’s located next to the chippy in Matlock 

Be back with an update on the consortium, just off to make a linkdin page claiming to be the richest man Mongolia to attract backers.

I've also held discussions with Real Madrid and Cardiff city (council), although both will probably deny it because they are jokers not fit for my interest.

6 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

OK, you're in. You'll be silent in so far as I'll tell everyone you're in, but silent.

I also have a hit list you might be interested in. No, it's not a political coup I'm interested in. It's those deviants who put crisps in the fridge. We must purify our word by purging them.

You do know I won’t stay silent although I’ve said I’m not going to say anything until our takeover is done mate but I have booked a couple of interviews. Don’t worry it’s not much I have a meeting at 9 with sky sports followed at 11 with talk sport really fancy telling Jordan that I am the bees knees he obviously will come out and say I’m a swell guy. Followed by dinner with the queen yes I know her I have a tik tok of her eating so I will pose this as I’m with her. Afternoon interviews with bbc radio Derby Derby telegraph the mail the sun and the telegraph. Maybe the mirror but there not worth the time. How is that for you although I did say I would be silent and would t comment further 

Edited by Barney1991

1 minute ago, Barney1991 said:

You do know I won’t say silent I’ve said I’m not going to say anything until our takeover is done mate but I have booked a couple of interviews. Don’t worry it’s not much I have a meeting at 9 with sky sports followed at 11 with talk sport really fancy telling Jordan that I am the bees knees he obviously will come out and say I’m a swell guy. Followed by dinner with the queen yes I know her I have a tik tok of her eating so I will pose this as I’m with her. Afternoon interviews with bbc radio Derby Derby telegraph the mail the sun and the telegraph. Maybe the mirror but there not worth the time. How is that for you although I did say I would be silent and would t comment further 

Banging mate.

This is the positivity fans want from us.

I did think perhaps we should wait until at least I've called Mel to say discussions are ongoing, but sod it, better to get our retaliation in first.

Just now, RadioactiveWaste said:

Banging mate.

This is the positivity fans want from us.

I did think perhaps we should wait until at least I've called Mel to say discussions are ongoing, but sod it, better to get our retaliation in first.

Just show Mel a bank statement of 75 million block the details out and away we go. Heck alonso did it and he’s as thick as 2 planks can’t see a reason we can’t do it. First point of call is sack Pearce and get someone in who can count to 10 as he’s meant to be in finance