El DerbyCo

roboto

For anyone who has mentioned administration I really hope it doesn’t come to this. Look at Wigan they had people come in and our youngsters will go for peanuts to try and raise cash. This will give teams ammunition to pick up players like knight sibley for peanuts until we were brought 

8 hours ago, ramit said:

It doesn't have to be that much.

When crowds return to the stadium, income will as well.  Having a squad of mostly young players capable of staying in the division next season is how i would see it and yes i think we have that, with a few added old heads.  Top half can come when we have developed our players enough and have made shrewd enough signings. 

1000 pounds per share.  i will pitch in, how about you?

More like 5000 pounds per head down plus a commitment for a further annual 1500 per head.  Find 15000 fans who are prepared to do this and it's a possibility.  Oh yes and then buy your season tickets on top....

Plan's a good un

8 hours ago, Ramos said:

The world is a confusing place. How has this man managed to get himself a foot in the door at Derby and got himself on talksport several times:

Is Mel actually doing any due diligence or does he just hope and pray that the next one is actually going to be telling the truth? Two utter clowns, one after the other, who less than five minutes on Twitter will show as less than credible yet Mel rolls them out as the perfect option.

On alonsos old website he used a picture of his offices which weren’t his they were offices in Berlin on the website. He really is a little kid if it’s this easy I’m going to start photoshopping bad ask Mel to buy Derby and find some backers 

0A3FB04F-E153-4133-A038-3C7607DD9713.jpeg

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/football/news/sheffield-wednesday-Derby-erik-alonso-20575830.amp

What concerns me is that alonso has form of doing this before.

Also why remove his twitter account.

For me its a non starter.

I would recommend to mel that he pays for a consultancy service like KPMG or deloitte to source a good buyer for the club, they can audit the buyer to make sure they are of good character and have the funds they are experts at handling business issues and would definately be able to find interested people to buy the club.

I'm confident of this as someone who has worked over the years for a number of consultancy firms.

It would be a fairly quick turn around.

Interesting bit from an article in the Athletic 

“But Alonso may have even more immediate problems than trying to persuade MSD to play nice, as The Athleticunderstands his group, which includes at least one silent partner whose identity we have been asked to keep out of the public domain for the time being, is considering trying to proceed without him “

If the deal is 2.5 million and 2.5 million in a year and then 40 million of debt which I assume includes the stadium in that is it just me that thinks that’s an amazing deal. 26 thousand crowds guaranteed when we are allowed back in. Excellent stadium training facilities. Prem clubs going for near 300 million. If you got it right here appointed a manager who knew what they were doing and got a decent scouting network it could make money. Our academy is known for producing quality which will generate money with player sales. I can’t believe no one decent has put in a decent bid yet apart from the fake sheikh and the Spanish crook. 

3 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

If the deal is 2.5 million and 2.5 million in a year and then 40 million of debt which I assume includes the stadium in that is it just me that thinks that’s an amazing deal. 26 thousand crowds guaranteed when we are allowed back in. Excellent stadium training facilities. Prem clubs going for near 300 million. If you got it right here appointed a manager who knew what they were doing and got a decent scouting network it could make money. Our academy is known for producing quality which will generate money with player sales. I can’t believe no one decent has put in a decent bid yet apart from the fake sheikh and the Spanish crook. 

I guess the debt will put people off? Maybe others won’t offer as much as these phonies (who seemingly don’t have the cash anyway). I think without the debt it would be attractive but I guess aside from that you also have to factor in will there be points deductions/ embargos or fines with the EFL case plus when will we be able to have big crowds again?

12 hours ago, MickD said:

I hear that Donald Trump is looking for another business venture.  He seems a viable proposition after our previous prospective buyers.

?

First task he’s building a wall across Brian Clough Way to keep those pesky lot wrong side of the boarder out of Derby. 

27 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

I just don’t understand why Mel just doesn’t appoint a board and go and chill in the sunshine somewhere. The plan must be to work self sufficiently. Appoint people to operate with austerity, as there’s no other way! 

I have been wondering why the worst case scenario isn't for us to run at a profit...

https://innercirclesports.com/

Inner Circle Sports provides services including corporate finance, capital raising, valuations and advisory on acquisitions and sales of sports teams.

It also helps wealthy investors buy soccer teams.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/robertkidd/2019/09/11/so-you-want-to-buy-a-soccer-club-heres-what-you-need-to-know/

In my opinion, Derby should be on the phone to this firm immediately.

Edited by ThePrisoner
Removed full article and added link to original article.

2 hours ago, Oldben said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/football/news/sheffield-wednesday-Derby-erik-alonso-20575830.amp

What concerns me is that alonso has form of doing this before.

Also why remove his twitter account.

For me its a non starter.

I would recommend to mel that he pays for a consultancy service like KPMG or deloitte to source a good buyer for the club, they can audit the buyer to make sure they are of good character and have the funds they are experts at handling business issues and would definately be able to find interested people to buy the club.

I'm confident of this as someone who has worked over the years for a number of consultancy firms.

It would be a fairly quick turn around.

Or use Andy Appleby Sam Rush and Jez Moxey’s company

13 hours ago, ramit said:

Even as i am sure that it is an exceedingly foolish question, i will ask it anyhow. 

Why don't we the fans buy the club from Mel?

I’ve done the maths and I’d be willing to put £2,000 in. 29,999 people to go! 

Wouldn’t need to worry about the running costs because, when elected president, I’d cut the wage bill to sustainability! 

44 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

I just don’t understand why Mel just doesn’t appoint a board and go and chill in the sunshine somewhere. The plan must be to work self sufficiently. Appoint people to operate with austerity, as there’s no other way! 

Tried that gave the job to Sam Rush - didn’t end well