El DerbyCo

roboto

8 minutes ago, dcfcollie said:

anything to do with the rumours on here that Rooney is involved somehow?

I hope bloody not,it's been bad enough having the bugger as a player and "manager",we never get rid of him if he owns the sodding club too.GIF by HULU

Edited by kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong

23 hours ago, LeedsCityRam said:

That would also be my dream scenario although think the German 50 + 1 model might serve us better, ideally with wealthy local businessmen as the 49. Would still make us the first major club in England to be majority fan owned (not aware of any others in the top 2 divisions...AFC Wimbledon doing a fine job in the division below)

Like you say, a club that lives within its means & through constitution, unable to overspend or dilute the fans' share. A club that is owned by the city, county & all that care about it. That would inevitably mean relying heavily on our youth teams & lower league step ups, all talent on the way up. Plus the brightest young coaching talent to improve players, make the team greater than its parts & sell on stars to increase budgets & gradually improve the club as a whole.

The terrible irony is that this would almost certainly be a more successful strategy than the past 6 years & no reason why it couldnt end with regular top flight football.

In principle yes. But what happens if there's say a pandemic or something so fans can't go to the stadium and you have to start refunding season tickets? No business can guarantee never making a loss. I would like to see a new ownership model model based on something along these lines though. Ideally it needs to be every club though or it's going to be even harder to compete than it already is. 

Sensible ownership is exactly what we need right now. No frills, no bragging, no arguing on Twitter, no claims of Champions League football and recruiting by typing in caps on Instagram comments.

I think this ties in with the previous theory that other parties were waiting on our fate, league wise, before making a move. Rightfully or wrongfully, Mel may have sided with offers which would've given him x amount of £ without the guarantee of us being a Championship side.

I'm glad we seem to finally be pushing Alonso aside, my opinion is he'd have been an absolute embarrassment and utter disaster. Let him go find another toy to lust over through a shop window. Unfortunately when he goes to the counter and only has buttons to pay for it, then he'll probably find himself in this same situation.