Good but bad news

Big Trav

40 minutes ago, Wistaston Ram said:

No surprise that the Morecambe keeper is 4th, played a blinder on Saturday despite conceding 5 goals

Which shows the problem with statistics! 

Anyway there may have been plenty of others clubs support cheering when we just lost Max Bird our central midfielder and on field captain for 6-8 weeks 

13 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Which shows the problem with statistics! 

Anyway there may have been plenty of others clubs support cheering when we just lost Max Bird our central midfielder and on field captain for 6-8 weeks 

True but if you lose a good goal keeper it affects the defence more generally in terms of confidence and organisation. Suddenly things start going wrong at set pieces and crosses. Defenders make mistakes. Anyway I thought it was 4 weeks for Max. Thats whats been reported.   

4 minutes ago, ollycutts1982 said:

They'll probably be able to get a replacement in on loan.

Yes, you are allowed to get an emergency loan goalkeeper in and in Plymouth's position I would push the boat out and get the best one available from a Premier or Championship squad.

Looking at the stats, their keeper has been a key player, only Morecambe and FGR have had more shots on target against them, this season.

27 minutes ago, ram59 said:

Yes, you are allowed to get an emergency loan goalkeeper in and in Plymouth's position I would push the boat out and get the best one available from a Premier or Championship squad.

Looking at the stats, their keeper has been a key player, only Morecambe and FGR have had more shots on target against them, this season.

No they are not allowed. 

If a club has no professional goalkeepers available and want to sign an emergency loan player, they must submit evidence surrounding the unavailability of their other keepers to the EFL

2 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Whoscored's League 1 keeper of the season so far

SmartSelect_20230207_162330_Chrome.thumb.jpg.6e4f4d0cf83dd1ee097c1d8df62c74bf.jpg

I wonder what Wildsmith's sense of humour is like?

I'm thinking of a rousing rendition of:

"You're worse than Ripley, You're worse than Ripley-ee-ey.  How poo must you be, You're worse than Ripley"!

* Before voting him POTY, obvs!