Good but bad news

Big Trav

Definitely not the sort of thing I would post or say but, as others have already mentioned, social media is chocka with this sort of stuff. While the PAFC admin are kind of correct to call it out, it just reinforces the tribal nature of football - If they (and other clubs and fans) REALLY want to champion getting rid of this sort of things then they must call out their own fans. It's harder to do but that's when people will take notice.

15 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

I'm so glad I "don't do twitter" (In the true sense).
My only forays into there are via links from these forums, so I can get out just as quick as I go in.  If it asks to log in, I head back, as I don't have (or want) an account.
Half the time, I can't make head nor tail of what's going on anyway.  Comments flying in all directions!  ?

With this one, I do at least get the gist, and it seems one solitary numbskull associating himself with our club is "letting the side down".  I've no time for such imbeciles, but then I have little more time for anyone who is daft enough to think he is a fair representation of our overall fanbase.  More fool them.

Twitter is very, very customizable. And also can be thought-provoking, funny and useful. You don't have to see nonsense you're not interested in. Obviously parts of it are a cess pit as they echo and amplify real-world idiots and discussions, but there's no reason to go there. The site is probably the most thoughtful on mainstream social media.

Having done my ACL I've nothing but sympathy for Cooper. Such a horrible injury and I hope he makes a full recovery. The Sheffield Star has written about it with an interesting stat that potentially highlights how important the Plymouth keeper has been to them. Apparently he's faced 344 shots compared to Wednesday's 260, our 238 and Ipswich's 202. That's a massive difference and shows how well the lad was performing. 

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/major-blow-confirmed-for-sheffield-wednesday-title-rivals-plymouth-argyle-4017297

But the article also says their backup keeper was an England youth international so he's probably not too shabby.

1 hour ago, Carl Sagan said:

Having done my ACL I've nothing but sympathy for Cooper. Such a horrible injury and I hope he makes a full recovery. The Sheffield Star has written about it with an interesting stat that potentially highlights how important the Plymouth keeper has been to them. Apparently he's faced 344 shots compared to Wednesday's 260, our 238 and Ipswich's 202. That's a massive difference and shows how well the lad was performing. 

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/major-blow-confirmed-for-sheffield-wednesday-title-rivals-plymouth-argyle-4017297

But the article also says their backup keeper was an England youth international so he's probably not too shabby.

This is indeed interesting, for a top 2 team to have faced circa 100 more shots than their rivals - shows a weak defence and a quality keeper.

Although does skew some of the keeping stats a bit - like our "Season We Don't Talk About" in the Prem - didn't Roy Carroll and Stephen Bywater have some of the best stats in the division, purely because they had far more shots to save than the other teams (aka the Claude Davis Clause)?  ?

But the article also says their backup keeper was an England youth international so he'sve probably not too shabby.

Well Plymouth fans are not convince by goalkeeper currently some are saying not very good.

Always been a number 2/3 and is now going to get a chance as a number 1…. Sound familiar…? 

3 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Twitter is very, very customizable. And also can be thought-provoking, funny and useful. You don't have to see nonsense you're not interested in. Obviously parts of it are a cess pit as they echo and amplify real-world idiots and discussions, but there's no reason to go there. The site is probably the most thoughtful on mainstream social media.

Agree 100%.  I'm fairly new to Twitter in the scheme of things and found it both a help and a hindrance during our EFL and Admin troubles.  The hindrance was the vitriol from other so-called fans who use it (and other social media platforms), often hiding behind anonymous names or a keyboard.  There's a huge amount about Twitter I do like, and that offsets the bad.  When, not if, I see those sorts of comments, I'll often just skip over them.  FWIW, I felt compelled in this instance to respond on the Plymouth thread to defend DCFC, stating his defamatory comment was not representative of DCFC or its fanbase, and to wish Cooper well.  I don't care how much of a fan they may think themselves to be, they're not welcome in my world.  Rivalry yes, vitriol, no. 

3 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

This chant I will join in on and simply wrong poor lad has a long journey ahead even with my big toe been long time just get to this point.

But even with the very serious injury to his knee B4 he will recover faster than your big toe. Because until he is better Mike Cooper will ensure that he is sitting down at football matches and not standing up.

3 minutes ago, Brailsford Ram said:

But even with the very serious injury to his knee B4 he will recover faster than your big toe. Because until he is better Mike Cooper will ensure that he is sitting down at football matches and not standing up.

I meant to say I wont join in on

Just released I mistake

Sorry it caused offence by accident.

9 minutes ago, Brailsford Ram said:

I know that mate and just saying it is going long road for him.

But I have a idea how frustrated he must be.

And that chant I will not join in on that total sick chant and is wrong.