Wayne Rooney

roboto

3 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

I read similar the other day, but was worded in a way to suggest that was Eustace's choice, hence Brum lining up Rooney as his replacement, as opposed to the suggestion that they were booting Eustace out in order to bring in Rooney, as some are suggesting on here.  🤷‍♂️

I was one of the people suggesting that to be fair. I guess we'll see how it shakes out but I'm not entirely convinced that Rooney will be much good without a very experienced or talented number two, as he had with Rosenior.

29 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I was one of the people suggesting that to be fair. I guess we'll see how it shakes out but I'm not entirely convinced that Rooney will be much good without a very experienced or talented number two, as he had with Rosenior.

I agree with this although with his connections you would think he'd be able to find someone with the experience to do the coaching, analysis, stats etc, which I thought through the 'We are Derby' videos, Rosenior came across extremely well on.

It was just if Rosenior could step up to being a number one and including the man-management and motivational side of things, which he appears to have settled in and done at Hull.    

Rooney and Birmingham is going to be an interesting watch.

Cheers 

Gangway D from the terrace.

On 08/10/2023 at 17:43, MK-Ram said:

Actually feels a little uncomfortable.  Everything about that Kirchner takeover just made the end of Rooney's time here feel slimy.

When Brum came to PP , their fans enthusiastically sang “ They would have a party when Derby county died”. Seems like a match made in Heaven.

How are you lot feeling about Wayne Rooney going to Birmingham and claiming he wants to sign Cashin?

Do you think Brum have made the right move to get them to the next level or do you think they've made an error?

For me, I'm slightly jealous because I don't think (due to our financial constraints) that Rooney was able to pull the strings he wanted to in bringing in players he wanted. I really hope he doesn't sign Cashin (unless it's for a stupid fee) but I do have a slight feeling he will want to go.

I actually have a soft spot for Rooney and think he did a great job in rallying the troops in our fight against relegation but I just don't want to see him do well at Brum, am I a bad person or does anyone else feel the same? 🤣

1 hour ago, SK47 said:

How are you lot feeling about Wayne Rooney going to Birmingham and claiming he wants to sign Cashin?

Do you think Brum have made the right move to get them to the next level or do you think they've made an error?

For me, I'm slightly jealous because I don't think (due to our financial constraints) that Rooney was able to pull the strings he wanted to in bringing in players he wanted. I really hope he doesn't sign Cashin (unless it's for a stupid fee) but I do have a slight feeling he will want to go.

I actually have a soft spot for Rooney and think he did a great job in rallying the troops in our fight against relegation but I just don't want to see him do well at Brum, am I a bad person or does anyone else feel the same? 🤣

Be a big test for him. Did average with us, failed in the States and now has the resources and should push for promotion at Brum. If he fails there not sure what his next step will be.

3 minutes ago, Kokosnuss said:

What Eiran Cashin claim?

TeamTalk saying Cashin, Sibley, Thompson and Bird "could" be targets for Rooney

https://www.teamtalk.com/birmingham-city/exclusive-wayne-rooney-primed-decimate-former-side-birmingham-war-chest-january

Basically a load of reuniting former manager with players guff to fill an article. 

More fool them.

I thought he was a mediocre manager at best whose wages helped to drain the club's finances even further at a time we could ill afford to do so.

Plus I feel he was always instrumental in the removal of cocu and undermined him as the manager in his own desire for management.

And he will always be the man who was in charge when we were relegated to league 1.

A massive mistake by Birmingham that won't them take long to regret I fear.

Edited by kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong

2 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

More fool them.

I thought he was a mediocre manager at best whose wages helped to drain the club's finances even further at a time we could I'll afford to do so.

Plus I feel he was always instrumental in the removal of cocu and undermined him as the manager in his desire for management.

And he will always be the man who was in charge when we were relegated.

I don't fear them regretting it - I absolutely relish the idea.......

Some people really do have short memories.

Despite relegation I loved the admin season, I was gutted when he left. That Friday night game vs Fulham was one of the best games at Pride Park.

If it wasn't for Rooney we would hold the record for the lowest Prem and Championship points. He had no chance of success at Derby and I wish him well at Brum.

8 minutes ago, AGR said:

Some people really do have short memories.

Despite relegation I loved the admin season, I was gutted when he left. That Friday night game vs Fulham was one of the best games at Pride Park.

If it wasn't for Rooney we would hold the record for the lowest Prem and Championship points. He had no chance of success at Derby and I wish him well at Brum.

If the prospective owner he brought to the table had somehow found some cash, we would either be bust or have Rooney’s agent running the club by now.

31 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

More fool them.

I thought he was a mediocre manager at best whose wages helped to drain the club's finances even further at a time we could ill afford to do so.

Plus I feel he was always instrumental in the removal of cocu and undermined him as the manager in his own desire for management.

And he will always be the man who was in charge when we were relegated to league 1.

100% undermined Cocu. His performances on the pitch near the end were awful.

37 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

More fool them.

Conveniently not mentioning the 21 points deduction.

It will be very interesting to see how he gets on. It's difficult to appraise his managerial career so far due to the unique situations at both clubs. His win percentage stats are utter garbage, but the expectations at Derby and DC didn't really extend beyond "try not to finish bottom". Birmingham have sacked a guy who had them 6th and implied that Rooney will bring a more exciting and attacking brand of football. Even the Rooney fanboys won't be able to pass off a lower mid table finish as succeeding against impossible odds, although I'm certain they'll try.