Wayne Rooney

roboto

2 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Hang on tho, DC had already bought the ground - so he controlled the process - and he had announced an intention to buy the club. So Rooney’s claim that everything was still up in the air was absurd 

When he made his decision to leave everything was still up in the air. It's likely he decided when the Kirchner takeover fell through as his plans had been disrupted. 

• 2 weeks later...

An absolutely travesty of justice, The judge openly admitted Vardy was untruthful, Losing data, Not remembering dates and times, Telling her agent to say things that didn't happen, Came across as a dimwit in the court, Chased fame and fortune, Found a player that didn't know how to tell the truth who backed his other half and made him look a fool, She went out fishing and hooked a man who's not as fast as he thinks he is, And yet Vardy loses...I just don't get it ?

• 2 weeks later...

Hasn't been going so well at DC United since that opening game. Not managed to score in the 5 games since, and currently 6-0 down to Philly Union at home. Can't be put down entirely to management though, especially seeing as it is something of an improvement on the 7-0 loss they had to the same team earlier in the season.

• 4 weeks later...

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/62955035

Praising the handling of the incident, Neville added: "I must commend my players for keeping their calm and I must commend the referee. [In] a really difficult situation he followed the protocols set out by the MLS.

"I must [also] give massive, massive respect to Wayne Rooney for dealing with it in the way that he did.

"I have always known him as a class act and today he went up in my estimation more than he has ever done, more than any goal he has ever scored."

Edited by Yani P

Taking the player off was the sensible choice which I would like to think most managers would have taken, not to discredit Rooney here, it’s just common sense for the players safety.

Last thing you want is a player that feels like he has been racially abused going 2 feet into a challenge with the guy breaking his leg in anger. 

I do wonder if we will see players mic’d up further down the line, something small around the shirt collars to be used in evidence for situations like this and communications with the ref. 

Pushed through a respect the ref initiative.

I don’t know, might sound crazy now, but 15 years ago imagine if someone had suggested the use of VAR to look at goals.

15 hours ago, David said:

Taking the player off was the sensible choice which I would like to think most managers would have taken, not to discredit Rooney here, it’s just common sense for the players safety.

Last thing you want is a player that feels like he has been racially abused going 2 feet into a challenge with the guy breaking his leg in anger. 

I do wonder if we will see players mic’d up further down the line, something small around the shirt collars to be used in evidence for situations like this and communications with the ref. 

Pushed through a respect the ref initiative.

I don’t know, might sound crazy now, but 15 years ago imagine if someone had suggested the use of VAR to look at goals.

It's not a crazy idea, pretty sure the technology is there that won't obstruct the player at all. Perhaps the device can be fitted within the stats tracking units that all players wear these days (in the back of the shirts or with those sports bra style tops).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...