Wayne Rooney

roboto

Just now, roboto said:

Mail (yeah, I know...) reporting that he might be heading back to DC United as head coach.

Bizarre move when it was reported he wanted to come back to the UK as Colleen was homesick?

That and America is where the Vardy's are also reported to be heading to escape after he's finished with Leicester.

3 minutes ago, David said:

Bizarre move when it was reported he wanted to come back to the UK as Colleen was homesick?

That and America is where the Vardy's are also reported to be heading to escape after he's finished with Leicester.

Unfinished business? Perhaps a lucrative celeb boxing deal between Colleen and Rebekah?

11 hours ago, David said:

Whatever Rooney ends up doing in the future, I wish him well.

He did his best for us during one of the worst periods of our history.

When you think back to how Rooney managed the situation with Ronaldo after the winking episode its obvious he can cope with any situation. Very professional.

I just wished he'd climbed up into the stand that time when some clown of a chairman was winding him up and knocked the t*** out.

D C United are having a terrible season but they could end up with Stretford/ Rooney and C K. Wayne has been with Stretford since he was 16 . And Stretford has to have Rooney in the headlines to keep the image rights money rolling in. I just wonder if Wayne would not be happier going to watch his son play for Man U every week and living a quiet life.

Not particularly salty or upset about Rooney leaving and now going to DC but it is a little odd. I imagine the reason for these events are one of the following two:

• Colleen wanted him to move on especially after his wage would've been drastically cut.
  • He was linked to the Kirchner deal and that was the only reason why he stuck around for as long as he did.

I'm pretty sure that Colleen was glad to have him back over here after his spell as a player in DC so what's changed? Plus without being a snob he would've probably wrangled a decent championship job/premier league so why risk having a shocker in the farmers league thus damaging your reputation, when you could just wait and get a job in the big time?