Wayne Rooney

roboto

1 hour ago, AGR said:

Some people really do have short memories.

Despite relegation I loved the admin season, I was gutted when he left. That Friday night game vs Fulham was one of the best games at Pride Park.

If it wasn't for Rooney we would hold the record for the lowest Prem and Championship points. He had no chance of success at Derby and I wish him well at Brum.

The second half of the first season he was in charge ranks amongst the worst football and run of performances that I have seen in 50 years supporting the 🐏

2 hours ago, SK47 said:

How are you lot feeling about Wayne Rooney going to Birmingham and claiming he wants to sign Cashin?

Do you think Brum have made the right move to get them to the next level or do you think they've made an error?

For me, I'm slightly jealous because I don't think (due to our financial constraints) that Rooney was able to pull the strings he wanted to in bringing in players he wanted. I really hope he doesn't sign Cashin (unless it's for a stupid fee) but I do have a slight feeling he will want to go.

I actually have a soft spot for Rooney and think he did a great job in rallying the troops in our fight against relegation but I just don't want to see him do well at Brum, am I a bad person or does anyone else feel the same? 🤣

Not bothered either way about Rooney going to Birmingham. Regards him stripping the club of our best players, if true i wouldnt be happy, unless hes gonna give us top dollar.

I actually think Brum have dropped a bo--ock other than the added publicity and increased sponsorship, Eustace left them in 6th place, a play off position, be interesting to see if they are still in the play offs come the summer?

Personally i am not convinced hes gonna become a top manager, he failed in the US! Regards his time at Derby, because of the circumstances he was never under any pressure and as others have said he undermined Cocu. I wasnt bothered when he left (we couldnt afford him for one) although i have got to say he handled himself unbelievably well during our relegation season never moaning about anything or anyone. As a supporter i loved that season, with the atmosphere and togetherness as a club as good as its ever been. I wish him well in his new venture.

I loved what he did for us, and I've not a bad word to say about that.

However, I'm unconvinced he'll actually be a good manager, maybe I'm wrong and he's not had enough gigs yet to write off. The it's Wayne Rooney factor won't be quite the same at brum, without the "other" factors that were here when he was.

As for signing players he knows from his time at Derby, all our good players are potential targets for championship clubs and Rooney really rated Max Bird so I could see that, if brum can match the price. Cashin was going to go to Brighton if the paperwork had gone through so yes could totally see that if the price was met.

How would I feel about it? sad, but the reality of being in league 1.

3 hours ago, SK47 said:

How are you lot feeling about Wayne Rooney going to Birmingham and claiming he wants to sign Cashin?

Do you think Brum have made the right move to get them to the next level or do you think they've made an error?

For me, I'm slightly jealous because I don't think (due to our financial constraints) that Rooney was able to pull the strings he wanted to in bringing in players he wanted. I really hope he doesn't sign Cashin (unless it's for a stupid fee) but I do have a slight feeling he will want to go.

I actually have a soft spot for Rooney and think he did a great job in rallying the troops in our fight against relegation but I just don't want to see him do well at Brum, am I a bad person or does anyone else feel the same? 🤣

I hope Rooney does well, because I will always be grateful for the quiet dignity he displayed in leading our players and club through some very difficult times.

I don't think he was the best manager then, but he has now completed all his training and has had a time to reflect on how he wants to set up a team to play the sort of football he wants. I will be interested to see what that looks like away from Rosenior, and whether he will become a good manager. 

On Cashin, if he goes it will be because our Club thinks it's a good move for us financially, not because Cashin is keen to go. He isn't. 

1 hour ago, Jimbo Ram said:

The second half of the first season he was in charge ranks amongst the worst football and run of performances that I have seen in 50 years supporting the 🐏

He had a team full of kids, Bielik's injury and an embargo to deal with. If it wasn't for Rooney's contacts, the following season would've been even worse

3 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

Not sure about Wazza’s judgement of players - He said Buchannon would be a full England international before he was 21. Perhaps he would spend £10 mill on Cashin and Bird. 

Should have seen the amount of people on here that thought Will Hughes would play for England.

Loved him apart from the bitter end. Felt he really got the club, the fans and worked his rear end off during what must have been an almost impossible environment. But something about the way he scarpered when it was clear the Kirchner deal was up the swanny and the ties to Stretford, Cook. Dunno, might just be me

1 hour ago, AGR said:

On what planet did Rooney bring Kirchner to the table?

Same planet as the one where his agent was going to have a place on Kirchner’s board, before he scarpered with his tail between his legs once Kirchner’s cash didn’t show, and ended up with a job at the club who coincidentally are being run by the CEO Kirchner was going to have at Derby.

The whole thing stank.

8 minutes ago, nottingram said:

Same planet as the one where his agent was going to have a place on Kirchner’s board, before he scarpered with his tail between his legs once Kirchner’s cash didn’t show, and ended up with a job at the club who coincidentally are being run by the CEO Kirchner was going to have at Derby.

The whole thing stank.

Seems a lot have blinkers on when remembering how his time here ended.

17 minutes ago, Srg said:

Seems a lot have blinkers on when remembering how his time here ended.

No issue at all that he left to be fair, I can imagine that that year or so was horribly draining and what he’s done since is completely up to him. And overall I think he did a decent job albeit the circumstances are not repeatable in any way so I’ve no idea whether it makes him a decent manager.

But the links between Kirchner, Cook, his agent and him can hardly be ignored and it is a huge slice of luck we didn’t end up too involved in that. Seems like Cook is in his pocket somewhat and thank god that is Birminghams issue. 

4 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

More fool them.

I thought he was a mediocre manager at best whose wages helped to drain the club's finances even further at a time we could ill afford to do so.

Plus I feel he was always instrumental in the removal of cocu and undermined him as the manager in his own desire for management.

And he will always be the man who was in charge when we were relegated to league 1.

A massive mistake by Birmingham that won't them take long to regret I fear.

When he came, as a player, he also became some kind of ambassador for 32Red. In return 32Red increased their sponsorship of the club to the tune of Rooney's wages. He didn't cost the club a penny as it was extra sponsorship money from 32Red. money we wouldn't have got if he hadn't joined DCFC.

2 hours ago, AGR said:

He had a team full of kids, Bielik's injury and an embargo to deal with. If it wasn't for Rooney's contacts, the following season would've been even worse

He inherited most of Cocu’s squad that performed reasonably well the season before. The ‘kids’ you mention were very good players, not as if he had to play a team full of academy players. He did improve as a Manager but under normal circumstances he would certainly have been sacked after his very poor first season with us. Hope he does well at Brum but hope he doesn’t come sniffing around our better players 😊