Rooney leaves

ThePrisoner

Thanks for everything, last season was amazing. However one man doesn’t define us, we’ll move on. Give it Rosenior and Davies 

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

This big time. Got to be money there too somewhere.

Sod off then Rooney, this makes all last season's hard work with us seem for nothing. Would rather he'd left and we got money for him in compensation.

#COYR

Yeah got to admit I’m a bit peed off with him at this moment thanks for everything you did Wayne but the timing is poo 

Not surprised,no doubt had a better offer but waited until we were safe (as near as anyway) before announcing it.

My respect for him as a person definitely increased with his loyalty last season and he gave it a good go.

I thought we might require a manager better suited to a league 1 scrap however and its all part of our major reset for this season.

Good luck to him in the future and let's look to ours now.

Edited by kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong

Gutted with this, and the timing. Hoped he’d give it one more year, I felt that stability was important and would have been key in convincing some of the current squad to stay on. Think that project has maybe ran its course now and can see Lawrence, Ravel and others following suit. 
Don’t blame him or them, they gave us a great season against all the odds last year, just got to cherish the memories and move on quickly. Rosenior to step up? Wassall? Bring back Gary Bowyer after he left Salford? 

Shocked but not the end of the world. Galvanised a football club on its arse and I'll be ever thankful for his efforts over the past few years. His stock as a manager is extremely high at the moment and would imagine clubs above our new level have been in touch. With an uncertain 'bounce back' year on the cards, this might be the right time for him to look for something new now his mates aren't going to be around and be able to offer certain promises as our new owners. 

Positive last 24 hours and whilst this is a kick in the teeth it's not the end of the club. We're starting again either way, why not add a new manager to our wish list. 

3 minutes ago, Ian Buxton's Bat said:

Timing might be reasonably well judged if he's wanted out for a while - waited until the club was 'saved' (albeit the fat lady hasn't quite sung yet) rather than jumping off a sinking ship.

He can't just bail though. He's be in breach of contract unless the new owner AGREES to him being released from his contractual obligations. 

Just think if he quits then a few weeks later gets another managers job, we'd miss out on the compensation. It doesn't work like that apart from in Rooney's head.

Hopefully this is why Rosinior turned Blackpool down.  To parachute someone completely alien to the club while it's in such a mess will be suicide for our chances of a decent season.  Best chance we've got is with a bit on continuity with signings, contracts etc.  

TBF to Wayne, I thought he'd walk at the end of last season.  Not the end of the world but I would've liked to have seen him give it til at least the end of this season.

Maybe we'll see if Liam was the real brains of the operation after all..

.monty python GIF