Rooney leaves

ThePrisoner

It's a big job for a rookie like Liam Rosenior, I'm not so sure we'll go in that direction. 

Maybe if he appointed a wise old head as assistant it could work, like Bowyer for example.

I guess it depends on the structure any new owners put in place, if we go down the DOF route maybe a less experienced manager may have a chance.

6 minutes ago, alram said:

I will also admit I felt uncomfortable with his backing of kirchner and his agent going to be on the board. i feel like Rooney backed the wrong horse 

This big time. Got to be money there too somewhere.

Sod off then Rooney, this makes all last season's hard work with us seem for nothing. Would rather he'd left and we got money for him in compensation.

#COYR

The obvious explanation for the timing is that Rooney and Clowes aren't seeing eye to eye. 

If this is the case, the reasons could be numerous.

In the short term, Rooney leaving has to be a huge step backwards, as others have already detailed above.

Welcome to football club ownership, Mr Clowes!

4 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

No one person is bigger than the club.

Timing seems totally inappropriate but I guess the reasons behind it will come out at some later juncture. 

Timing might be reasonably well judged if he's wanted out for a while - waited until the club was 'saved' (albeit the fat lady hasn't quite sung yet) rather than jumping off a sinking ship.

Quick question - why didn't Rooney just come and say he's going to resign?

Answer because he can't as he's bound by his current contractual obligations which cuts both ways.

What if the new owner tells Rooney he has to fulfil his current contract or be found to be in breach of if he just decides to then bail.