Rooney leaves

ThePrisoner

3 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

I have no idea what's gone on but here's my theory. Rooney made his decision some time ago, when the Kirchner deal eventually collapsed. He notified Rosenior not to take the Blackpool job because he may get the Derby job. Today he informs the administrators of his decision now that the clubs survival looks to be secured. 

Be ironic if Rooney has to buy his way out of his contract and Rosenoir doesn't get the Derby managers job either 

17 minutes ago, alram said:

I will also admit I felt uncomfortable with his backing of kirchner and his agent going to be on the board. i feel like Rooney backed the wrong horse 

Yep, one of the big problems with the Kirchner deal, the potential conflict of interest was really not good and only acceptable if there was absolutely no other option.

Feels like a completely clean slate. Which is probably what we need.

1 minute ago, Andrew3000 said:

I'd really like to see him talk about his reasoning, just for closure. His interviews were always honest and interesting. God I miss his interviews already.

Yes I hope he does a goodbye interview with RamsTV @Owen87ITK will this happen/could we make this happen?

Well… that’s unexpected.

He’s had plenty of opportunities to quit throughout this shitshow, and nobody would’ve blamed him. But why quit now, when we’ve finally had some good news, and it looks like the mess might finally be clearing up?

I get we’ve had false dawns before, but he’s stuck through them, even when they were clearly nonsensical (Alonso, Kirchner, Sheikh Khaled) to everyone except those accepting the deals. Why choose now to say enough is enough, why Clowes appears the first bidder to actually have the means to complete a deal? It makes no sense. So much for sticking around to rebuild the club.

Not that I can really begrudge him to be fair. He’s done far more than we ever could have asked from him for this club, in terms of uniting the staff, players and fans and keeping us fighting through the darkest days this club has ever seen. He’s no doubt played a big part is it’s potential rescue, and for that we should be eternally grateful. It’s just bizzare timing.

FWIW, I don’t necessarily see this as a huge blow in terms of our future on the pitch. We’ve never really had the chance to see Rooney manage in normal circumstances, so we’ve no idea if he’d have been good enough. I’ve never been personally convinced that he has the tactical acumen, despite his undoubted motivational qualities. From a footballing perspective, I’m pretty indifferent to his departure, it’s just the human element of it that makes me sad. 

I’m not convinced Rooney will go on to have a great managerial career, and we may well now appoint someone who turns out to be exactly the right man for the job - getting us promoted at the first attempt. I think Rooney’s time at the club won’t be remembered so much for what happened off the pitch, but for how it conducted himself of it. A class act, such a shame he didn’t want to see the job through.

2 minutes ago, Andrew3000 said:

I'd really like to see him talk about his reasoning, just for closure. His interviews were always honest and interesting. God I miss his interviews already.

His statement said that the past 18 months have taken a great toll on him personally and it's now time for someone fresh to come into the club.

What the REAL reasons are answers on a postcard please