Rooney leaves

ThePrisoner

1 minute ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Gutted with this, and the timing. Hoped he’d give it one more year, I felt that stability was important and would have been key in convincing some of the current squad to stay on. Think that project has maybe ran its course now and can see Lawrence, Ravel and others following suit. 
Don’t blame him or them, they gave us a great season against all the odds last year, just got to cherish the memories and move on quickly. Rosenior to step up? Wassall? Bring back Gary Bowyer after he left Salford? 

Gary Bowyer's already got himself another job. New manager of Dundee.

I have no idea what's gone on but here's my theory. Rooney made his decision some time ago, when the Kirchner deal eventually collapsed. He notified Rosenior not to take the Blackpool job because he may get the Derby job. Today he informs the administrators of his decision now that the clubs survival looks to be secured. 

5 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Honestly,I really wouldn't mind at all.

Tight budget rebuild and signings based on character and attitude?

Oh unless you meant Pearson...

Or Farage 

4 minutes ago, PistoldPete said:

He backed the wrong horse in Kirchner. Conducted himslef very well during the mess last year but didn't prove himslef as a manager. Maybe he has other job lined up, strange timing otherwise.  

Certainly backed the wrong horse, He would have spoken to Stretford during this phuck up, It was in the press a few weeks back that Colleen wanted Wayne to look elsewhere, His love for Derby(on record)will not be forgotten, The pressure of last season must have been woeful.

As a player who during his days at United and attitude didn't make him a fans favourite but things certainly changed for him last season, Again thanks WR you'll not be forgotten in this house ?  

1 minute ago, inter politics said:

The timing is strange but I assume he was aligned with either Kirchner and/or one of the others (Ashley maybe). Let's hope Clowes and Rosenior didnt just find this out.

I think they probably did because apparently the club has spent the day trying to persuade him against it 

Are all the players that Rooney had supposedly lined up to sign for the club still coming?

Or will the new manager have to find a complete new set of players? Just means the time period for when any new players arrives and when the first game is played is getting shorter and shorter. 

Looking  more and more likely  we'll be fielding a very young team for the match against Oxford.